YnAMP - Yet (not) Another Maps Pack

YnAMP - Development thread Civ6

Huzzah!

Fare ye well tiny se asia map, I hardly knew ye!

Okay, after a couple of bad starts (I had to delete some old files turns out), Khmer is up and running.

Anyone verify Indo yet?

edit: One thing i note, however, is khmer does not start with fresh water or a coast. Fine for a player, ai might have an issue.

edit 2: @Gedemon my map shows khmer start at 76,42. I moved to 77,42 for fresh water. 76 has no water, all jungle (so no farms). You said 83,39 earlier. Did you change this?

edit 3: im thinking you meant to say indonesia with that position.

edit 4: is the ai capable of moving to the river you think? I know the German settler switches it up a lot.

edit 4: this map is so frkn awesome Ged. Just beautiful. Thanks again for sharing.
83,39 is the position on the Greatest Earth Map, 76,42 is the position on the Giant Earth Map.

It is the most accurate position if you use the Tonlé Sap Natural Wonder (which should give fresh water I think)

Hello,

since this update, i can't play on my old multiplayer map. With my friend , we have a map on giant earth with 18 AI. and we can't launch because the game say "map too small".

if you have an idea ?
Are you using the mod removing limit in MP ?

Last edited:
I do plan to have the TSL in the Giant Earth files, but I can't give you an ETA as I won't search/set the TSL myself (I don't plan to get the DLC, and I'm busy with other mods)

If you change the Giant earth file on your side and I update the mod before validating & including those TSL (unlike Firaxis, I'm allowed to do hot fixes when needed), your change will be deleted by my update, that's the point of having custom independent files for your changes until they're "officially" added to the mod.

Of course I would want you to drop everything, immediately buy all of the DLC's, and edit your maps so I can download the updates through Steam and continue enjoying hours of game play with all the latest civ's. But then again, I enjoy all your mods and would not want you to have to take time away from working on them as well. I will instead wait patiently for the chance to encounter the new civ's on the Giant Earth map (in my opinion the only way to play) and enjoy the hard work you have already done. Nubia is already proving to be a great buffer against Congo.

Of course I would want you to drop everything, immediately buy all of the DLC's, and edit your maps so I can download the updates through Steam and continue enjoying hours of game play with all the latest civ's. But then again, I enjoy all your mods and would not want you to have to take time away from working on them as well. I will instead wait patiently for the chance to encounter the new civ's on the Giant Earth map (in my opinion the only way to play) and enjoy the hard work you have already done. Nubia is already proving to be a great buffer against Congo.

The new civs are already on the giant earth map - get it at github. The new natural wonder is in too.

Gedemon updated YnAMP - Yet (not) Another Maps Pack for Civ6 with a new update entry:

Indonesia and Khmer TSL

- add TSL for Indonesia and Khmer on the Giant and Greatest Earth maps
- add support for Sukritact's Tonlé Sap on the Terra Map script (Sukritact's Fuji was already working)
- add position for Ha Long Bay on the Giant and Greatest Earth maps
- add position for Sukritact's Fuji on the Greatest Earth maps
- remove Largest Earth from the mod as it's still not working with the Fall patch
- bug fix to the mod's fallback function for Starting Positions
- bug fix for extra luxuries placement
- make...

Read the rest of this update entry...

By the way, is it correct that it is now possible to add up to two more religions, as there are two new beliefs of every kind? This would be nice for the biggest map sizes, as, on a 16-player map, for example, it can still be very hard to get a religion if there's only 7, but with 9 that would be much easier.

I didn't play out a game, but I did change the maximum to 9 myself and I did play until the first religion was founded and the religion screen did say "1/9 religions founded", so I would assume that it is possible.

Regarding your Nubia comment... I actually haven't been playing with Kongo lately because they wipe out Nubia so fast AND colonize Africa so extensively there is no room for other civs - except Egypt if Cleo survives Arabia's early dow.

Arabia has been a similar issue - usually defeats Egypt and Nubia early. Egypt maybe 60% of the time, Nubia about 80%. I've tried using Persia as a buffer, but then Persia eats Arabia fast and then goes after India. Having Arabia and India is more important to me than having Nubia, so I keep Arabia and don't use Persia (rarely).

I'll keep testing Kongo now and again as I play around with settings. Lately I'm using epic with research at x10, as opposed to Marathon x2, so while research is roughly the same, its much faster building units, and the weaker start civs are lasting longer.

By the way, is it correct that it is now possible to add up to two more religions, as there are two new beliefs of every kind? This would be nice for the biggest map sizes, as, on a 16-player map, for example, it can still be very hard to get a religion if there's only 7, but with 9 that would be much easier.

I didn't play out a game, but I did change the maximum to 9 myself and I did play until the first religion was founded and the religion screen did say "1/9 religions founded", so I would assume that it is possible.

An update on this: I am right now playing a game where at least 8 religions have been founded so far and I haven't come across anything weird. It might be 9 by now, as it's been a while since I checked. So, seems like it's possible.

Oh, and as I only just started using YnAMP, I was wondering, I'm playing an enourmous Island Plates map, and though there are several places where there are land bridges of only one or two tiles, it is starting to look like there are only some two or three major landmasses. For certain one single landmass was large enough for about half of the civs, if not more, to spawn there without it being crowded. Is this normal, or did I come across a weird case?

(loving the map, by the way, and there are several places where the fastest way from part A of a continent to part B of a continent is over water, but I was curious)

Thanks! Having a great time playing as China to test the metal of the two new Civs. Had some weirdness though. As a disclaimer, I have the "no close cities" mod installed but have it set to 5 spaces between cities. (I hate it when the AI spams cites and blocks my favorite historical locations) and I have the city state slider maxed out to 60. Firstly I was surrounded by city states renamed as Chinese. Not too much trouble since it kind of gave me a unite the 3 Kingdoms type challenge. England spawned in Bangladesh area of the map. I checked enforce TSL for AI but also allowed for alternative locations but that is pretty alternative for the British! There were others but none that crazy. I did not want the city states to block proper civs from spawning which is why I did not chose the "everyone" option. Is there a better way to do this?

You probably have covered this somewhere in the thread, but since there's 100+ pages I don't really have the patience to search lol, but are there any smaller sized earth maps? I play on a mac and can't handle anything larger than the standard sized earth tsl. And even then it really slows down in the long game. I'm hoping on a small sized earth tsl, I could actually enjoy the long game since the game wouldn't be bogged down by the map size demand. Does a smal earth tsl exist in any of your mods, and if not are there any plans for one in the future?

The Cordiform Earth is standard size, with TSL for all DLC except the last one.

You have the Greatest Earth between Large/Huge size.

And you can use the Terra Map script with the "earth shaped" and TSL options at any size from small to ludicrous (the terrain type and rivers will be random)

Is there any reason this map (or mod) is giving me warmongering penalties in the ancient era? I did not have this with the new patch until downloading the updated mod and playing as Indonesia (on the Greatest Earth map- large version).

Nothing change warmongering in YnAMP, which other mods are you using ?

No other mods other than official ones. I just like to play the world map (large version). Currently playing as Indonesia. 4 tile island, but 3 of those tiles were resources with many other sea resources, enough to build galleys for me to conquer Kyoto (had to build archers to get their other city). I had a moderate penalty for surprise war on Japan while still in the ancient era.

Then it's an undocumented change in the last patch.

I won't be able to test an unmodded game before some time, anyone else with this issue?

Sorry seems like I'm always at war with someone so I've just about tuned out the war mongering penalties as a fact of life. My secret wish is that when they add the Mongol DLC that one of the abilities is no penalties for warmongering!

Then it's an undocumented change in the last patch.

I won't be able to test an unmodded game before some time, anyone else with this issue?

No definitely did not happen in my 3 games I played since last Thursday's patch. Only my 4th game after downloading from the above link in post #2085 yesterday. I had previously deleted my previous YAMP mod.

What I'll do is start a regular game and see if that problem persists. I'll edit in this post the results.

edit: Hmm, interesting. The glitch no longer appears. I started both a regular game with a small map pangaea, and another with the YAMP Greatest earth and neither one gave me warmonger penalties. Although come to think of it, I couldn't have been in the ancient age since I researched shipbuilding due to being Indonesia on an island. I would have been in the classical age, but I still thought that was a light penalty for surprised war. I'll check again by loading my main game save.

Yeah it's still moderate in the classical age in my game. I was thinking it was light, but according to this table, that's only for formal war. I completely forgot shipbuilding puts me in the classical age.

Sorry the table doesn't format correctly.

Era Declaring war Capturing a city Razing a city Liberation bonus* Wiping out a civilization
Ancient Era 0 0 0 0 0
Classical Era 6 3 9 ? 16
Medieval Era 12 6 18 ? 25
Renaissance Era 18 9 27 ? ?
Industrial Era 24 12 36 ? ?
Modern Era 24 12 36 ? ?
Atomic Era 24 12 36 32 ?
Information Era 24 12 36 ? ?

Last edited:
I did have an odd thing happen, which I've had in the main game before, but not in some time, which is that I can't earn a great prophet even when there's a possible 7, with two left. Given the discussion of possibly having 9, what sort of impact should I see? I'm playing with Giant Earth and with Indonesia on King.

Sorry if someone has already asked this before: is there a screenshot of giant earth map and greatest earth map with all the true starting locations for all civs?
Thanks!

Sorry if someone has already asked this before: is there a screenshot of giant earth map and greatest earth map with all the true starting locations for all civs?
Thanks!
define "all civs" :)

here is one of the Giant Earth with the 63 civs from this mod

But I don't have any with all base civs + DLC, as I don't have the latest DLC (and don't plan to, I have no interested for them as they are locked by the DLC leaders for modding)

Hello, I am from Poland and my english is not so good. I would like to know why there are so many luxury resources in one place on terra map or earth map? I don't play these maps because of this. Can I do something with this?

Top Bottom