1. We have added the ability to collapse/expand forum categories and widgets on forum home.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Photobucket has changed its policy concerning hotlinking images and now requires an account with a $399.00 annual fee to allow hotlink. More information is available at: this link.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. All Civ avatars are brought back and available for selection in the Avatar Gallery! There are 945 avatars total.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. To make the site more secure, we have installed SSL certificates and enabled HTTPS for both the main site and forums.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Civ6 is released! Order now! (Amazon US | Amazon UK | Amazon CA | Amazon DE | Amazon FR)
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Dismiss Notice
  7. Forum account upgrades are available for ad-free browsing.
    Dismiss Notice

YnAMP - Yet (not) Another Maps Pack for Civ6 Beta 6.2

A compilation of maps and script with culturally linked start location or TSL

1. Iojima

Iojima Chieftain

(I'm new here) I was thinking I could help this, as it's really awesome! So here are the (probable) positions of some natural wonders on the Giant Earth Map.
    Fragile Arch: 135,64 and 135,63
    Could also be a little up and to the right, in theory, and still be sorta accurate.
    Die Matterhorn: ~16,63
    Right next to Geneva, right above Milano.
    Mount Roraima:
    ~159,36
    I honestly can't find this, it's right to the north of Boa Vista, but I can't really make sense of the South American coordinates. The X is logical, sort of, but it puts Bogota right next to Boa Vista, if I'm reading it correctly, which is... inaccurate, so if someone has made a world city map like the ones of East, South and South East asia, or the Western US, I would greatly appreciate it. If not, I'll try to keep posting capitals of new Civs in Rise and Fall, and Natural wonders. (Amsterdam and Seoul are already city-states, so I figure it can be easily changed to where the same coordinates are used for the capitals of The Netherlands and Korea, respectively) sorry for the long post, hope it helps!
    (I didn't add it in or post code because my XML is the worst.)

2. Xefjord

Xefjord Chieftain

Amsterdam can keep the same capital. Seoul was not the capital of Silla. Gyeongju was, Gyeongju would be where Pohang is on the map so I advocate changing the name of Pohang to Gyeongju (Pohang only became important after colonial korea (I.E. Really recent history) while Gyeongju has been important for thousands of years.

3. Iojima

Iojima Chieftain

Agreed, just did some reasearch. Also, looks like Karakorum is the Mongol capital, as normal. For Chandragupta Maurya, we could rename Patna to Pataliputra, and set that to his leader spawn. (I couldn't find Patna on the India city map, I just assume it's there as I'm not good at reading it.)

4. Flash1

Flash1 Chieftain

I have an idea for an Earthmap with an expanded europe because it can get crowded and Africa will need some teaks. The problem is I tried to edit the Giant map, but it it loads the Rome intro then crashes to start menu. What is the way to edit the maps in worldbuilder? My new map I want to use is the 200 x 100.

5. Iojima

Iojima Chieftain

Also, for the Cree capital: My best suggestion is a Saskatoon square? I couldn't find where the capital in the game is in real life, so my best guess is around Cut Knife, in Saskatchewan. That corresponds to Saskatoon... and so yeah. Also, this means making a Native American city map, doesn't it? Because... dangit, it does.

6. SupremeMarshal

SupremeMarshal Chieftain

I have installed the mod in C:\Users\YourName\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization VI\Mods, then I activated the mod but when I create a game, I only have the regular maps sizes. There is no Enormous , Giant and Ludicrous map sizes. Is this mod an extansion to another mod and I need to install the other mod as well? I tried to activate the mod, restarted the game and reinstalling the mod and it still don't work.

When I click to set the map type to the largest earth from the addons, the game load infinitely or until I click and the game stop working. I have 16 GB of RAM, i5 intel core, GTX 1050.

7. Iojima

Iojima Chieftain

Have you checked if the mod folder is in the folder you installed? If it is, just move that into the mods folder, it confuses the AI that detects the mod. The Largest Earth shouldn't load without base support from YnAMP.

8. Iojima

Iojima Chieftain

Basically, is the mod in the folder you thought was the mod?

9. Jon Yuen

Jon Yuen Chieftain

I really hope the largest earth map (2xx x 1xx) can reappear,

10. SupremeMarshal

SupremeMarshal Chieftain

Finally the problem was my version of the game was too old. Now it work.

11. SupremeMarshal

SupremeMarshal Chieftain

Is there a file I can edit to make the ludicrous size even bigger? My computer is handling it well so I want to try even bigger. And will the script for making the earth map will work if I edit the size?

12. SupremeMarshal

SupremeMarshal Chieftain

Is it in this file? : TerraMap.lua

Then I edit this section:
    -- The base map is the Largest Earth Map
    local g_LargestMapWidth = 230
    local g_LargestMapHeight = 116
    local g_LargestMapOldWorldX = 155
    local g_SizeDual = 44*26
    local g_SizeTiny = 60*36
    local g_SizeSmall = 74*46
    local g_SizeStandard = 84*54
    local g_SizeLarge = 96*60
    local g_SizeHuge = 106*66
    local g_SizeEnormous = 128*80
    local g_SizeGiant = 180*94
    local g_SizeLudicrous = 230*115 <------ I edit this one to get even larger map for ludicrous.
    local g_LargestEarthOceanWidth = 24

13. Gedemon

Gedemon Modder Moderator

it's in GamePlay.xml, the line
    Code:
    <Row MapSizeType="MAPSIZE_LUDICROUS" Name="LOC_MAPSIZE_LUDICROUS_NAME" Description="LOC_MAPSIZE_LUDICROUS_DESCRIPTION" DefaultPlayers="23" GridWidth="200" GridHeight="100" NumNaturalWonders="16" PlateValue="7" Continents="8"/>
    change 200,100 to what you want, 230, 115 were previous max values, but will lead to a crash when revealing the map now.

the new max is somewhere between.

edit: and the size of the real earth maps are fixed.

14. SupremeMarshal

SupremeMarshal Chieftain

I tested it and it didn't change the map size.

15. SupremeMarshal

SupremeMarshal Chieftain

Ok I will try this with 400x200 to see what happen in world builder.

16. SupremeMarshal

SupremeMarshal Chieftain

It just seem to load forever until I click something and the game is no longer responding. What I Wonder is when I check in task manager, the game is not even using 10% of my computer capacity (CPU or RAM usage) while it is loading.

17. alexrs70

alexrs70 Chieftain

Hello dear developer! What do I do to customize the map to play on the most huge (Ludicrous) real-world map and with the real location of civilizations.

Just after the last update of your mod I put the map Ludicrous and the actual location (TSL) of civilization, but they are randomly located. In general, how now to make a real map (Ludicrous size) of the earth with a Ludicrous size and real location of the countries.

18. Gedemon

Gedemon Modder Moderator

Please open a thread with your logs in the bug report section about your issue with the map without TSL:
    https://forums.civfanatics.com/forums/bug-reports.574/