1. We have added the ability to collapse/expand forum categories and widgets on forum home.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. All Civ avatars are brought back and available for selection in the Avatar Gallery! There are 945 avatars total.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. To make the site more secure, we have installed SSL certificates and enabled HTTPS for both the main site and forums.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Civ6 is released! Order now! (Amazon US | Amazon UK | Amazon CA | Amazon DE | Amazon FR)
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Dismiss Notice
  6. Forum account upgrades are available for ad-free browsing.
    Dismiss Notice

YnAMP - Yet (not) Another Maps Pack for Civ6 Beta 6.3

A compilation of maps and script with culturally linked start location or TSL

1. Floyd75

Floyd75 Chieftain

can confirm, working for giant earth and greatest earth map

- so the conclusion is, firaxis forgot to put a correct loading order in for expansion1 ?

anyway, now i get the new natural wonders in, and I am a happy man :) - thx a million times gedemon

Ferocitus likes this.
  2. Tarkules

Tarkules Chieftain

So the game I'm trying to create is China Vs The World (all Civ's, all DLC's) on Giant Earth.

Scenario 1 :
    Starting the game with all DLC's and all Civs - crash to main menu.

Scenario 2 :
    Disabling Poland and Aztec DLC's and starting a game with all Civs - Game starts but crashes back to desktop.

Scenario 3 :
    Disabling Poland and Aztec DLC's and removing USA from the Civs list (suggested by LucTempest) and starting a game - Game starts and works perfectly (100 turns so far).

Scenario 4 :
    Adding those lines (suggested by Gedemon) and turning on all DLC's and all Civs included - Game starts but crashes back to desktop.

Code:
    <Properties>
           <LoadOrder>2</LoadOrder>
    </Properties>
    Is it possible that there's a problem in loading something related to the Americas ?

3. Luart

Luart Chieftain

Because it is quite ´´personalized´´ - you have to find out which mods does not work for you. For me it was Poland, Aztecs and Australia. Just check it :) for me it took a lot of time, but I could not play on normal maps :D

4. Gedemon

Gedemon Modder Moderator

At what point does it crash to desktop exactly ? you see the loading screen of civilization you've selected ? before the start button is shown ? after clicking it ? do you use the "enforce TSL" option ?

Could your post your lua.log just after a crash ?

5. yoloswaggins

yoloswaggins Chieftain

can't launch terra map ludcirous size and cant launch giat earth. 60 city-states. and all civ on both

6. savio.dibi

savio.dibi Chieftain

Are you going to update the mod, if you can do something by your side?

7. Gedemon

Gedemon Modder Moderator

That's the problem now: it's on Firaxis side, there is no way for a mod to add those lines in the base game's file, you'll have to edit the file manually (or someone may upload a zip with all the corrected .modinfo to overwrite the corresponding game's files)

But that's not a proper fix, it's a workaround, a real fix would be to correct whatever is causing the load order of DLC files to be messed up with R&F (and not vanilla civ6) when some mods are activated, I have no idea why (and remember that I don't have/want R&F to make more tests) but it seems that when some mods are activated (or only YnAMP ?), the game's try to load, for some DLC (but why only some ?), the expansion compatibility file before the data the file is supposed to update, locking the DB because of missing reference (and sending you back to main menu)

And only Firaxis has the tools to fix that (no, don't buy me R&F expecting me to do it, I really can't)

8. Tarkules

Tarkules Chieftain

I click the button to start the game (for some reason it says "Continue Game")
    The game actually starts (map, units, GUI - all loaded fine)
    2 seconds after it starts, without doing anything, screen flickers once, game crashes, and I get Firaxis' reporting tool asking if I want to report this...

Enforce TSL is OFF.
    YnAMP - Using the version from yesterday which disables TSL.
    Logs attached.

Update:

I found this in Lua.log:

AdvancedSetup: Parameter - PlayerLeader : LEADER_T_ROOSEVELT
    AdvancedSetup: Parameter - PlayerTeam : -1
    AdvancedSetup: Parameter - PlayerDifficulty : DIFFICULTY_PRINCE

Can it be the problem ?

Attached Files:

Last edited: Feb 9, 2018
  9. savio.dibi

savio.dibi Chieftain

THIS IS THE FIX: extract it to \Steam\steamapps\common\Sid Meier's Civilization VI\DLC\ and replace

Attached Files:

• fix.rar
      File size:
      4.1 KB
      Views:
  10. theczeroer

theczeroer Chieftain

i dont know if anyone else asked but will the new expansion effect the max map size limit or will it stay the same?

11. Gedemon

Gedemon Modder Moderator

logs seems fine, not sure what's the issue here, you may try without the auto city naming option perhaps ?

12. MentalMike

MentalMike Chieftain

anyone know why its crashing whith city states? runs fine with them off

13. agonistes

agonistes wants his subs under ice!

I'm having the same issue I think. Game starts, waits, yhen crashes. I'm gonna 'fix' all the dlc's, and see if that works. But I suspect its something else.

Maybe something to do with the new city-states?

14. agonistes

Did it work with city-states too?

Luart likes this.
  15. Gedemon

Gedemon Modder Moderator

how many "players" (civs+CS) on the setup screen ?

16. Luart

Luart Chieftain

I play since 4 hours - with 20 city-states and 13 leaders from the new expansion, many dlc´s.
    It works now, since I´ve changed the code in the problematic dlc.

With Ludicrous - I think it´s the old problem, where this size was not playable anyway.

17. Leningr

Leningr Chieftain

Fixed all my dlc like you show it previously. I started with Ludicrous size, all 36 civ and 40 CS, no barbarians, with real name, no turn limits. Game crashed after 2nd turn.

p.s. TSL not working

18. Sion2619

Sion2619 Chieftain

I've edited the corresponding mod files but it still won't load. It keeps giving me the Poland error even though I made the edit. Any idea what's wrong?

Attached Files:

19. yoloswaggins

yoloswaggins Chieftain

fix doesn't work, game crashes to start menu. Giant Earth with all civilisations.

20. agonistes

I'm trying to use all the civs (except no dupes), and I max out the cs slider because I've never bothered to count how many cs's are actually in the normal game. I allow for spawns if no TSL is present. I think that means I have to add 8 civ slots in addition to what is normally there for the giant map.

But Russia is still wide open... I can't imagine that the game is having trouble finding starting locations for any orphaned city-states.