YnAMP - Yet (not) Another Maps Pack

YnAMP - Development thread Civ6

Kupe's capital, Hokianga (Te Hokianga-nui-a-Kupe) is the northernmost tip of NZ in these maps; in the GiantEarth map it's marked as Whangarei (111, 13). So the southwest part of spawn location 1 would be probably promote a 'correct' capital.

Kupe's capital, Hokianga (Te Hokianga-nui-a-Kupe) is the northernmost tip of NZ in these maps; in the GiantEarth map it's marked as Whangarei (111, 13). So the southwest part of spawn location 1 would be probably promote a 'correct' capital.
It seems like they were designed to start pretty far out into the ocean, and take time to get to land. That is supposed to be their "starting disadvantage" problem is the AI won't go where we want them to if we start them out too far away. :cry:

Edit: The whole being able to travel and find new places (Plus with the increased ocean movement speed) is what makes me lean spawn 2. Even if we spawn them next to new zealand there is no gurantee they will take the bait.

New proposed spawn area based off the information from the live stream, Ed said he wanted the spawn to be in the ocean close to Tahiti because that is where Kupe may have originally come from, secondly he said it was important that when you start the game you have close to no idea where land is based off your initial start. Having it in the red area should fit both of those criteria. And of course still keep the forced (Start with a city) spawn location as being on the North Island of New Zealand somewhere.

Realize its late... but I would have suggested 'Regional Map' as a name, and added either 'Roman Empire' or 'Med' as a region, even though we have existing med maps.

Another cool region setting are the Americas, eastward to include Spain, England, France et al, like the civ ii map.

Maybe Greece to India?

Depending on what the levels are, (If there is 3 height levels, 5, an infinite amount, ect) we will need to plug in values for all necessary tiles to accurately reflect height.

Depending on what the levels are, (If there is 3 height levels, 5, an infinite amount, ect) we will need to plug in values for all necessary tiles to accurately reflect height.

I was thinking more of like, do we want rising sea levels? It could really mess up the giant earth map, possibly making it quite unrealistic.

I was thinking more of like, do we want rising sea levels? It could really mess up the giant earth map, possibly making it quite unrealistic.
The game will have it no matter what, so we should program the map to handle it so that way it looks less silly. We can mimic real life more closely if we add in our own values for height above sea levels instead of having the game pick areas randomly. For instance we can reasonably expect Florida to sink, but it is unlikely the entirety of Japan will sink into the ocean.

I'm one of those with potato rig so I usually play Greatest Earth Map, which I enjoy a lot - haven't encountered any issues but I do have some recommendations:
  • A preset/imported set of resources (not from the map generator) like in the larger map variants could be nice since it takes me away a bit that there's a weird spread of resources.
  • An option to pick between the seven continent scheme or subcontinent and regions.
  • Some choices like whether the Bosphorus strait should be closed or not etc.
Issue wise I haven't encountered anything major, the only small fix I'd recommend is that the European continent in-game is still name Gondwana and should be renamed. The proper geographic city names sometimes work and sometimes it doesn't but I don't mind those much.

I don't have early access, so I'll start updating when the GS release patch will be out. Only thing we can do now is to set the civilizations TSL, as we have no idea how/if the GS new map-related features are moddable for real earth map.

Last edited:
Hello all!

I recently downloaded this mod and I fell in love with it!

I started a game [W=Brit Isles] [E=West Australia] [N=North Pole][S=Madagascar] and I noticed that the borders of city-states do not grow at all! They stay with their initial borders. Is this a bug? Or did I missclick something on the setup?

I've compiled TSL coordinates for the new civs/leaders/city-states for you Gedemon:

I added Poitiers for Eleanor as an alternate start instead of Paris or London; There's a couple that are a bit close to other starts, namely Tyre, Akkad, Mexico City (the worst), and Nazca. An all-caps name means there's currently a city of a different name mapped to that coordinate. Some starts (other than Maori) are for a water tile that will need to be filled in (Ottos and Easter Island)

Thanks, so preparatory update on GitHub
Code:
- add TSL for Gathering Storm Civilizations thanks to SeelingCat
- modifications to Giant Earth map based on suggestions in the map's thread

Gedemon, thanks for the gathering Storm update. It will be great playing GS on Gaint map. I have a query. Does the nature phenomenon (volcano, storms, etc) works on the update Gaint map.

Gedemon, thanks for the gathering Storm update. It will be great playing GS on Gaint map. I have a query. Does the nature phenomenon (volcano, storms, etc) works on the update Gaint map.
you tell me, I don't have GS yet.

Update on Steam & GitHub, just tested a quick Continent and a Custom Giant Earth launch with the vanilla game, let me know what's broken
Code:
- update to game version 1.0.0.290

Just a small note: I'll do another update tonight (CET) to enable all maps for GS, ATM you can only play TSL with vanilla and R&F.

I'll have to check compatibility with the WB change, for now if you want to use it, I'd suggest to disable YnAMP first.

Top Bottom