YnAMP - Yet (not) Another Maps Pack

YnAMP - Development thread Civ6

No trouble in asking, don't worry.

But see also the discussions about Arabia and Egypt starting almost on the same plot on Firaxis TSL map because of the leader's capitals.

Or the discussion in the City Map thread about how to place 3 Greek leaders on a map.

It's simply impossible to please everyone, so on that part I simply decided to follow my preference (as I don't use leaders)

Have you been able to create a code for using an alternate TSL if available and two TSLs are too close?

Also, how could I add historic locations for resources? I know there are some already but I would like to add the gold that was added with the Australia scenario.

I love your mod!!!!

How to change the location and name of a city state? How to add another city state? Could you write a manual on how to do that? To make India and China more playable, I want to try to add Bangkok and Tibet to be a buffer state between India and China. Also I hope to replace Hong kong with another 3 to 6 city states to represent the process of China unification by leader Qin shi huang. (Hong Kong is a city built by the British during 1800s, Having Hong Kong in Classical era is ridiculous)

Thanks.

Last edited:
Here is my idea:

If a human player choose Qin shi huang and enter the game during ancient and classical era, he automatically enters war with those city states. (Replace Hong Kong with 3 to 6 city states to represent China unification)

If this can not be done, then could you simply add another 3 to 6 city states to replace the modern Hong Kong and add another 2 buffler states Bangkok and Tibet?

Or simply change the name of the city state from Hong Kong to Canton since Canton has much more Historical significance in Asia ?

If the above mentioned can still not be done, then could you provide a simple manual for fans like me to DIY the city states? ( to teach people how to edit the name and location of a city state, how to add and delete a city state? ) Thanks...

Last edited:
Ok, my edit for the Largest Earth is done! :)

I don't know if @Gedemon will be fond of it and has no trouble implementing it. There should be no TSL problems as the changes are only marginal but add more atmosphere for geography buffs. Maybe you guys have other or better ideas, idk. At least Kamchatka is at a better position now. :)

Some examples (not everything):
01.jpg
02.jpg
03.jpg
04.jpg

I love your mod!!!!

How to change the location and name of a city state? How to add another city state? Could you write a manual on how to do that? To make India and China more playable, I want to try to add Bangkok and Tibet to be a buffer state between India and China. Also I hope to replace Hong kong with another 3 to 6 city states to represent the process of China unification by leader Qin shi huang. (Hong Kong is a city built by the British during 1800s, Having Hong Kong in Classical era is ridiculous)

Thanks.

I love the suggestion for going to war with a city state immediately.

I think you are being a bit too historical with the reasons for Tibet
and Hong Kong.
It's no more ridiculous than having China in 5000BC, or building the
Pyramids in Gawler, an outer suburb of my home town. (Everybody knows
Gawler is the home of The Giant Rocking Horse Wonder!)

I developed my idea :

1. Add three city states in the area of China: Zhao, Yan, Chu.
2. delete Hong Kong or change the name of Hong Kong to Canton.
3. Add 2 buffler city states between India and China : Bangkok and Tibet.

I still plan to add True Starting Dates, but I'll leave starting diplomacy to scenarios.

I still plan to add True Starting Dates, but I'll leave starting diplomacy to scenarios.

Thanks... Gedemon. But could you take some time to write a simple manual for fans on how to edit a city state? I 'm sure that would be much appreciated by lots of people.

I understand not everybody wants to see another three or five city states in Asia, but for fans who do want to see those changes they at least have the desire to DIY it.

My modding time is limited ATM, there is already a lot of requests for a Moar Units version of R.E.D, bugs to fix on YnAMP, and coding the next mod.

There are already submods of YnAMP that can serve as example to remove or add CS, I can provide help to understand those but I can't do a step by step tutorial ATM.

There are already submods of YnAMP that can serve as example to remove or add CS, I can provide help to understand those but I can't do a step by step tutorial ATM.

You mean the "YnAMP - More CS for the World mod"? Thanks

I understand not everybody wants to see another three or five city states in Asia, but for fans who do want to see those changes they at least have the desire to DIY it.

The more city-state choices the better!

I'd like to see 20 or even more Asian CS. Not all of them will be used
in any one game, so having many different types with unique features would
add a lot of texture to the game. I'd like as many in all the other
continents too.

Wait you plan on adding .. OMG YES! #AlmostRhysAndFall

Can I just ask that you ensure they work for Hotseat games? I would LOOOOVE that!

It's bad enough that Civ 5 didn't have multiplayer support for mods!

Sorry, nobody can help you if you do not provide details.
Haha sure. How silly of me to assume.

I have played amap of the second biggest setting with this mod and others. After the last update of civilisation the save does not load anymore, but crashed civ. It does not work with the old versions of the mod or the new ones

For some reason Russia's capital city is still St Petersburg on giant earth version instead of Moscow? This is a version in which tsl and correct city names are in effect.

After a lengthy amount of experimentation, it seems that if you want a good chance for a more subtle game, TSL, you have to play without Aztecs, Scythia, Sumeria, Kongo.

Those four are repeatably guilty of disturbing the peace - wiping out other civs. I suspect Gorgo is the same, but only played with her once.

Without those four, world is much more sane, and someone conquering France is the only civ death with a decent chance of occuring until gunpowder.

Since patch, I'm seeing less settling (no barbs).

Australia might be OP for a player, but not impressive as AI. AI Kongo is still PE1.

I've seen Poland struggle, but I've also seen them wage war successfully against both Russia and Scythia at the same time and do well. In my current German game, Poland has both their capitals. Scythia is alive, Russia is dead. Germany is seething (Cleo died too).

Regarding map playability... all seems good. I might suggest an option to make polar cap sea tiles coast, so colonization can happen sooner if one so desires. I might also buff up Hawaii and some of the pacific 1 tile islands... make them 2 or 3 hex, or put them in tighter groupings.... except for a naval base, there is not much value in them.

Funny how in III the ai settled everywhere. I really miss the settler races and a nice full map.

edit 2: its just silly to have a world map 2/3 empty in nuclear age.

Last edited:
After a lengthy amount of experimentation, it seems that if you want a good chance for a more subtle game, TSL, you have to play without Aztecs, Scythia, Sumeria, Kongo.

Those four are repeatably guilty of disturbing the peace - wiping out other civs. I suspect Gorgo is the same, but only played with her once.

Without those four, world is much more sane, and someone conquering France is the only civ death with a decent chance of occuring until gunpowder.

Since patch, I'm seeing less settling (no barbs).

Australia might be OP for a player, but not impressive as AI. AI Kongo is still PE1.

I've seen Poland struggle, but I've also seen them wage war successfully against both Russia and Scythia at the same time and do well. In my current German game, Poland has both their capitals. Scythia is alive, Russia is dead. Germany is seething (Cleo died too).

Regarding map playability... all seems good. I might suggest an option to make polar cap sea tiles coast, so colonization can happen sooner if one so desires. I might also buff up Hawaii and some of the pacific 1 tile islands... make them 2 or 3 hex, or put them in tighter groupings.... except for a naval base, there is not much value in them.

Funny how in III the ai settled everywhere. I really miss the settler races and a nice full map.

edit 2: its just silly to have a world map 2/3 empty in nuclear age.
I agree with some of your observations, but a lot depends on what scale
you play.

I only play GEM ludicrous size (230x115) at marathon pace; 20 civs 30 city states.

I have found that Congo and Brazil are by far the most difficult to beat.
You have to confront them early, or at least stifle their growth.
One way is to build near them, e.g. Madagascar or Panama, which helps to
stop their expansion a bit. Madagascar usually has one or two luxuries
that are very useful. Another way is to trade with their neighbours to
give them, for example, iron, nitre, and other goods that will help them
from being overwhelmed.

Aztecs can be very strong, but again, it's worth starting a city somewhere
in the north of America to help stop their dominance.

Rome is a real nuisance, and can be very strong. I rank them as the toughest
of the European civs.

Sumeria rarely lasts long - Arabia, Egypt or Congo often take them out early.
India is always a pain, especially when they start expanding.

Scythia have never been a threat. They expand a lot, but don't quite finish
the job enough to win.

France, Russia, and England hang on without ever looking like winners.

Gorgo, Pericles and, to a lesser extent, Germany, don't often last the whole
game.

Harald piddles around Norway without ever looking like a worry.

Jadwiga does a good job early, then goes insane in the Mediaval Era and starts
speaking Portugeuse. (The end is never far away when somebody starts doing that.)

Spain often takes over huge parts of North Africa, which is a good counter
to Congo, and should be encouraged. Spain have never done much late in my games.

China are a problem if not confronted early; same with Japan.

Australia are fun to play if you like developing a good base of cities without
worrying about pesky neighbours early in the game. Watch out for Japan who will
attack when they find you, if China isn't giving them trouble at home.
I've been attacked in Australia after Japan managed to sneak troops down through
New Guinea without me noticing them. Very nicely played, I thought!

I think the AI does very well at the scale I play. I have never been been beaten
and thought that I had been cheated out of a victory.

Top Bottom