YnAMP - Yet (not) Another Maps Pack

YnAMP - Development thread Civ6

alright i have done this but now when i pick the map and the custom civ i just dont get a starting position and the whole game is just waiting between turns that doesnt end as the turns just go by without actually getting the map
i currently have one file in this folder: C:\Users\dor\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization VI\Mods\Yet (not) Another Maps Pack

called: custom.xml
and this is the content of this file
<GameInfo>
<StartPosition>
<Replace MapName="LargestEarth" Civilization="Demark_Civilization" X="25" Y="94" />
<Replace MapName="LargestEarth" Civilization="Ethiopia" X="42" Y="41" />
<Replace MapName="LargestEarth" Civilization="Mongolia" X="101" Y="88" />
<Replace MapName="LargestEarth" Civilization="Zulu" X="38" Y="14" />
</StartPosition>
</GameInfo>

Last edited:
Are you sure that those are the names used to define the custom civilizations you're using ?

The case is also important here.

i tried to go to the civ's mod info file and copy the name from this section as an example:
<Properties>
<Name>Civilization 6: Ethiopia</Name>

it still doesnt work and gets the same result

Ask the modder it's the CivilizationType tag that you need.

Sorry if this was already answered, but my game simply dont load, when i choose my map configurations and start a game he crashes after 2-3 minutes at loading screen. I have a GTX960, Intel Core i5 and 8GBRAM, also i have already set all my settings to minimum. Waiting for an answer.

I'm not sure I'm doing this right. Btw, it works on Giant Earth, but not Greatest Earth.
Thanks, that map has less cities mapped than the others, see CityMap.xml in the "\Documents\my games\Sid Meier's Civilization VI\Mods\Yet (not) Another Maps Pack\Maps\GreatestEarthMap" folder for all cities locations already mapped.

Sorry if this was already answered, but my game simply dont load, when i choose my map configurations and start a game he crashes after 2-3 minutes at loading screen. I have a GTX960, Intel Core i5 and 8GBRAM, also i have already set all my settings to minimum. Waiting for an answer.
on which map(s) ?

happened to be before i simply reinstalled everything and it worked

Thanks, that map has less cities mapped than the others, see CityMap.xml in the "\Documents\my games\Sid Meier's Civilization VI\Mods\Yet (not) Another Maps Pack\Maps\GreatestEarthMap" folder for all cities locations already mapped.

Thank you. I got confused by the name at first (greatest vs. giant) and thought I had played one successfully when it was the other.

This is a technical question, but is it possible to have a civilization with one starting location when X civilization is in the game and a different one when its not? I was playing as Persia, so I am thinking of having Pasargadae or even Ecbatana as the capital instead of Tehran when Gilgamesh is sitting one out. But if it's not possible, then obviously that's fine.

Thank you. I got confused by the name at first (greatest vs. giant) and thought I had played one successfully when it was the other.

This is a technical question, but is it possible to have a civilization with one starting location when X civilization is in the game and a different one when its not? I was playing as Persia, so I am thinking of having Pasargadae or even Ecbatana as the capital instead of Tehran when Gilgamesh is sitting one out. But if it's not possible, then obviously that's fine.
The mod allows some conditional placement, yes, I've now added this "How to use the advanced TSL placement options" section in the second post, as this documentation was lost in the middle of the thread:

There is 2 options available in the advanced setup screen when selecting "True Start Location" for Civilization placement:
- Use Leaders TSL when available
- Use Alternate TSL if required and available

And here is an exemple of use in the Map.xml with Egypt and Arabia on the Greatest Earth Map:
Code:
        <Replace MapName="GreatestEarthMap" Civilization="CIVILIZATION_ARABIA"        X="64" Y="33" />
        <Replace MapName="GreatestEarthMap" Civilization="CIVILIZATION_ARABIA"        X="58" Y="35" Leader="LEADER_SALADIN" DisabledByCivilization="CIVILIZATION_EGYPT" />
        <Replace MapName="GreatestEarthMap" Civilization="CIVILIZATION_ARABIA"        X="64" Y="33" Leader="LEADER_SALADIN" AlternateStart="1" />

<Replace MapName="GreatestEarthMap" Civilization="CIVILIZATION_EGYPT"        X="58" Y="35" DisabledByLeader="LEADER_SALADIN" />
        <Replace MapName="GreatestEarthMap" Civilization="CIVILIZATION_EGYPT"        X="60" Y="30" AlternateStart="1" />
        <Replace MapName="GreatestEarthMap" Civilization="CIVILIZATION_EGYPT"        X="57" Y="36" Leader="LEADER_CLEOPATRA" DisabledByLeader="LEADER_SALADIN" />
        <Replace MapName="GreatestEarthMap" Civilization="CIVILIZATION_EGYPT"        X="60" Y="30" Leader="LEADER_CLEOPATRA" AlternateStart="1" />

Here is how it should work:

- the lines containing Leader="LEADER_XXXXX" will be ignored if the Use Leaders TSL when available option is not checked.

- the lines containing AlternateStart="1" will be ignored if the Use Alternate TSL if required and available option is not checked.

- if the Use Leaders TSL when available option is checked, any leader that is referenced for a TSL using "Leader=" will never use a generic TSL for its Civilization. For example with the code above, Cleopatra will never spawn at (58,35) if the option is checked.

- if the Use Alternate TSL if required and available option is checked then the lines with AlternateStart="1" will be used if the default TSL (defined by the lines without AlternateStart="1") is not available for any reason.

- there should be only one "default" TSL for a Civilization alone or a Civilization/Leader, but you can use as many lines with AlternateStart="1"

There can be 3 reasons to make a TSL unavailable:
- There is another TSL already set under the minimal separation distance for cities (the placement order is defined by the Civilization order on the advanced setup screen, the human player - or host in multi - is always placed first)
- The Civilization referenced in the tag DisabledByCivilization is in game
- The Leader referenced in the tag DisabledByLeader is in game

If the mod can't found a suitable alternate TSL (or if the option is not used), the default TSL will be used.

Examples:

1/ If Cleopatra is in game but not Saladin, her TSL will be Alexandria at 57,36 if Use Leaders TSL is checked, and Cairo at 58,35 (default TSL for Egypt) if that option is disabled

2/ If Saladin is in game but not Cleopatra, his TSL will be Cairo at 58,35 if Use Leaders TSL is checked, and Mecca at 64,33 (default TSL for Arabia) if that option is disabled

3/ If Cleopatra and Saladin are in game and Use Leaders TSL is checked, then Cleopatra's TSL will be Thebes at 60,30 (Alternate TSL for Cleopatra) because of the DisabledByLeader="LEADER_SALADIN" in her default TSL line, and Saladin will also use his alternate TSL at 64,33 (which is coincidentally the default TSL for Arabia, but we can set it at another position than Mecca) because Egypt is in the game (even if it was an alternate leader than Cleopatra)

Now if we change the XML a bit to this:
Code:
        <Replace MapName="GreatestEarthMap" Civilization="CIVILIZATION_ARABIA"        X="64" Y="33" />
        <Replace MapName="GreatestEarthMap" Civilization="CIVILIZATION_ARABIA"        X="58" Y="35" Leader="LEADER_SALADIN" />
        <Replace MapName="GreatestEarthMap" Civilization="CIVILIZATION_ARABIA"        X="64" Y="33" Leader="LEADER_SALADIN" AlternateStart="1" />

<Replace MapName="GreatestEarthMap" Civilization="CIVILIZATION_EGYPT"        X="58" Y="35" DisabledByLeader="LEADER_SALADIN" />
        <Replace MapName="GreatestEarthMap" Civilization="CIVILIZATION_EGYPT"        X="60" Y="30" AlternateStart="1" />
        <Replace MapName="GreatestEarthMap" Civilization="CIVILIZATION_EGYPT"        X="57" Y="36" Leader="LEADER_CLEOPATRA" DisabledByLeader="LEADER_SALADIN" />
        <Replace MapName="GreatestEarthMap" Civilization="CIVILIZATION_EGYPT"        X="60" Y="30" Leader="LEADER_CLEOPATRA" AlternateStart="1" />

1/ and 2/ won't change but in 3/ Saladin's TSL would be Cairo (and Cleopatra's would be Thebes)

If we remove all DisabledByLeader and DisabledByCivilization references, then the setup screen order would define who will be in the Nile's delta in case 3/, the last selected leader would use it's alternate TSL

If Use Leaders TSL was activated but not Use Alternate TSL, then 3/ would result in Cleopatra at Alexandria and Saladin at Cairo.

So I've been playing as America on the largest earth map and I'm a little put-out by a couple things. I settled a city south of Washington (I turned on the feature that settles your capital for you) and it was auto-named Baltimore (which in real life is 38 miles north of Washington) but also was 4 tiles from Washington in my game. Another 4 tiles north east of Washington was the city state of Toronto (where I live in real life). Toronto is 480 miles from Washington. The biggest dissapointment I had with this map though is that whoever made it seems to think that Canada is a cold, barren wasteland. It isn't. It gets crazy hot here (I would know). The map I'm playing on has tundra tiles right on lake Huron, only two tiles from Toronto. I've BEEN there in real life and it's lush mixed coniferous-deciduous forests with plenty of grass. In the summer, it gets to the mid 80s to 90s Fahrenheit regularly. It is definitely NOT tundra.

A quick google search can show where you could accurately put Tundra in one of these sorts of maps:

Spoiler Map of Tundra :

So I've been playing as America on the largest earth map and I'm a little put-out by a couple things. I settled a city south of Washington (I turned on the feature that settles your capital for you) and it was auto-named Baltimore (which in real life is 38 miles north of Washington) but also was 4 tiles from Washington in my game. Another 4 tiles north east of Washington was the city state of Toronto (where I live in real life). Toronto is 480 miles from Washington. The biggest dissapointment I had with this map though is that whoever made it seems to think that Canada is a cold, barren wasteland. It isn't. It gets crazy hot here (I would know). The map I'm playing on has tundra tiles right on lake Huron, only two tiles from Toronto. I've BEEN there in real life and it's lush mixed coniferous-deciduous forests with plenty of grass. In the summer, it gets to the mid 80s to 90s Fahrenheit regularly. It is definitely NOT tundra.

A quick google search can show where you could accurately put Tundra in one of these sorts of maps:

Spoiler Map of Tundra :
I too live in Toronto and I can confirm.

Toronto during July and August (and even September) can easily exceed 30°C.

I too live in Toronto and I can confirm.

Toronto during July and August (and even September) can easily exceed 30°C.
Exactly.

Later exploration of this map transitioned from tundra to actual snow tiles at James Bay off of Hudson Bay. (For context for non-Canadians, Hudson Bay is the sort of watery bit of Canada north of the American east coast in my picture above. The one that looks sort of like a hand pointing down to America. James Bay is the finger. On said map you can clearly see that tundra doesn't even start until much closer to the wrist portion of the hand so to have snow tiles that far south is ludicrous.

I'm open to suggestion, but I didn't do the original maps and don't plan to rework them ATM.

I also understand that without a proper editor there is not a lot of people who can put those changes in the game, but I need to know exactly which hexagons to replace by what.

Top Bottom