1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

YnAMP - Yet (not) Another Maps Pack civ6

A compilation of maps and script with culturally linked start location or TSL

1. SeelingCat

SeelingCat Chieftain

That glitch is caused by the game running out of Jersey colors I believe, which can happen if you have more than 25 or so civs. Eleanor might also be having problems if her starting location is the same as Catherine/Victoria's maybe? I'm not sure if Gedemon used Poitiers or not.

2. Gedemon

Gedemon Modder Moderator

Maybe I've made some errors when setting the TSL (they are in the Map.xml of each map's folder)

It's also possible that I have set a check to prevent spawning on ocean in previous versions, I'll have to verify that in the code.

Also, I'd like to know if the bug with the lenses and civilizations colors happens with all versions of the game (change the ruleset in the advanced setup screen to standard or R&F), and which number of civs triggers it.

3. Ekmek

Ekmek on steam: ekmek_e

4. verno

verno Chieftain

Made an account to say thank you to all the people involved in developing and testing y(n)amp. Been playing on it for years now, the added realism is a great improvement from vanilla maps. Looking forward to trying it on GS.

Quick question (sorry if it's already been answered): when playing on giant earth, after exploring for a while, all sounds and music stop working, except ambient bird chirping. Temporarily fixed after reloading. Is there any way to prevent that?

Thank you.

5. Xur

Xur Chieftain

Wasn’t that an old bug in the game? Thought they fixed that?

6. Baleur

Baleur Chieftain

I'm running my own extremely cut-down version of this mod, JUST to give map sizes and absolutely nothing else.
    I'm also seeing missing civ colors / banners / icons for Canada in my current game as Poundmaker.
    So whatever is causing it, it most likely isnt the mods fault, but the base game not being able to handle over 20 civs (im running with 20 AI civs plus me, on a Giant Continents map).

My tiny-version of this mod contains these files only;
    Configuration/Config.xml
    Configuration/ConfigText.xml
    Gameplay/GamePlay.xml
    And in those files, again literally just the mapsize stuff, everything else trimmed out (no TSL stuff or maps).

7. Pistol90

Pistol90 Chieftain

I am also getting glitch where other Civ colors are just black --- I tried with Continents map with YnAMP using just for Giant map size ...

8. Xefjord

Xefjord Chieftain

It sounds like the Jersey system broke using an unsupported amount of civs and the modding community will have to release a fix. Perhaps some kind of lock on the colors to reverse the Jersey system when using more than 25 civs or so.

9. Larsenex

Larsenex Chieftain

Good morning Folks,
    Will Ynamp work with GS using regular continents > not TSL or Earths, I just want to play using ludicrous/Giant maps with 18 or so civs.

Do some of the other features work and lastly I get my mods here or Nexus for Civ 6. Is Gedemons Ynamp more up to date via Steam's workshop or are they (here and steam) equally updated?

10. Gedemon

Gedemon Modder Moderator

CFC version is less updated than the two others.

gitHub is the most updated (sometime broken, consider a release being on github only as "alpha" or "untested")

And as Steam is much more reactive than CFC those days, I also update "untested" versions there now.

The easier way to know when an update happens is to watch this thread.

For example:

New update on gitHub
    Code:
    - fix for Maori, Inca and Ottoman TSL
    - fix Lenses colors
    - allow floodplains placement on all Maps (but no fix for the riversID yet, I suppose flooding won't work)
    - allow volcano placement on the Terra Map

11. Gedemon

Gedemon Modder Moderator

And I won't fix the jersey system, that's Firaxis work.

12. savio.dibi

savio.dibi Chieftain

Started a Giant Earth Map with only the 3 civs you fixed, here you can look if everything went ok.
    With Maori, TSL is ok.

Attached Files:

• Lua.txt
      File size:
      1.9 MB
      Views:
    Gedemon likes this.
  13. Gedemon

Gedemon Modder Moderator

Update on gitHub/Steam
    Code:
    - Allow Maori to start on water on the Terra Map (but do not search an Ocean plot if the initial plot is land, yet)

14. smartclick20

smartclick20 Chieftain

Gedemon I love you Giant Earth map.

Some questions:

Is Italy to small?
    Can you add Vesuv and Etna?

Attached Files:

15. Dan Lichtman

Dan Lichtman Chieftain

Any update fo Gathering Storm?

16. SeelingCat

SeelingCat Chieftain

Here's coordinates for the new Natural Wonders, Gedemon; not exactly sure how placing multi-tile wonders works but I've tried to explain the layout as best I can

The Chocolate hills are the biggest headache, since on every map they're too big for the Philippines and go into the water, not sure if the NW will override that or if the tiles will need to be converted to land.

Also White Desert/Sahara al Beyda appears to be able to spawn in either direction (horizontal or vertical) just as a heads up - not sure if that's any different from other ones.

Gedemon likes this.
  17. gmnowels

gmnowels Chieftain

I believe "jersey system" bug can only be avoided with >20 civs. If someone found can use more I'd like to know.

18. Baleur

Baleur Chieftain

Well, what if it was easier than we thought?
    Civ6/Base/Assets/UI/Colors/PlayerColors.xml --- Need to add more color options for the game to choose from here. Similar files do exist in the Expansion1 and Expansion2 folders.
    Civ6/Base/Assets/Database/ColorManager.sql --- Need to add more alt's in the database for the game to choose from, when you add them in the above files. Alt4, Alt5, Alt6 for example.
    I dont have time to test this stuff, but should be doable to simply add more color variations to all civs, no?

19. SeelingCat

SeelingCat Chieftain

Compounding the issue is that the game apparently looks at colors to judge if they're too close. It actually marks Teddy and Trajan incompatible, as well as Gandhi and Gilgamesh. The solution to the problem is ultimately more colors as you stated, but the tricky part is finding colors that the game won't disqualify, which is difficult since we don't exactly know how the function the game uses (UI.ArePlayerColorsConflicting) to decided if colors are too close works. It's something I'll be looking into though nonetheless!

20. Gedemon

Gedemon Modder Moderator

Thanks !

I'm using multiple lines to set all plots of a NW like this:
    Code:
            <!-- FEATURE_BARRIER_REEF : 2 plots, coast, 1st plot is SOUTHEAST -->
            <Replace MapName="GiantEarth" X="101" Y="23" FeatureType="FEATURE_BARRIER_REEF" TerrainType="TERRAIN_COAST" />
            <Replace MapName="GiantEarth" X="101" Y="24" FeatureType="FEATURE_BARRIER_REEF" TerrainType="TERRAIN_COAST" />

<!-- FEATURE_CLIFFS_DOVER : 2 plots, hills on coast, 1st plot is WEST -->
            <Replace MapName="GiantEarth" X="11" Y="71" FeatureType="FEATURE_CLIFFS_DOVER" TerrainType="TERRAIN_GRASS_HILLS" />
            <Replace MapName="GiantEarth" X="12" Y="71" FeatureType="FEATURE_CLIFFS_DOVER" TerrainType="TERRAIN_GRASS_HILLS" />

<!-- FEATURE_CRATER_LAKE : 1 plot -->
            <Replace MapName="GiantEarth" X="131" Y="66" FeatureType="FEATURE_CRATER_LAKE" TerrainType="TERRAIN_COAST" />

<!-- FEATURE_DEAD_SEA : 2 plots, flat desert surrounded by desert, 1st plot is SOUTHWEST -->
            <Replace MapName="GiantEarth" X="37" Y="50" FeatureType="FEATURE_DEAD_SEA" TerrainType="TERRAIN_DESERT" />
            <Replace MapName="GiantEarth" X="37" Y="51" FeatureType="FEATURE_DEAD_SEA" TerrainType="TERRAIN_DESERT" />

<!-- FEATURE_EVEREST : 3 plots, mountains, 1st plot is WEST -->
            <Replace MapName="GiantEarth" X="64" Y="54" FeatureType="FEATURE_EVEREST" TerrainType="TERRAIN_TUNDRA_MOUNTAIN" />
            <Replace MapName="GiantEarth" X="65" Y="54" FeatureType="FEATURE_EVEREST" TerrainType="TERRAIN_TUNDRA_MOUNTAIN" />
            <Replace MapName="GiantEarth" X="64" Y="53" FeatureType="FEATURE_EVEREST" TerrainType="TERRAIN_TUNDRA_MOUNTAIN" />
    The code can add lands for land NW placed on water, or water for water NW placed on land.

But I still need to code something to handle lake-like NW surrounded by water

If you don't have time, imagine my position !

If I start that you can say bye-bye to regular updates to fix more pressing issues with the mod.

BTW you can't just add Alt4, Alt5, Alt6 to the DB and expect it to work, you need to have the corresponding code to handle those tags in the core side.

And finding good colors in that number is much more difficult than you think.

But @Mobfire did a fantastic work for the Simple Modern Civilization mod, his color schemes are very good, I'd suggest to have a look at them.

Also current state of GS compatibility:

Last edited: Feb 16, 2019