YnAMP - Yet (not) Another Maps Pack

YnAMP - Development thread Civ6

@Lohit Same crash error, a common pattern is a good thing, but I have no idea what this error means.

[4277298.701] [Localization]: StartupErrorMessages.xml
[4277298.701] [Localization]: Input XML does not contain database entry tags. GameData, GameInfo or Database
[4277300.606] [Localization]: Validating Foreign Key Constraints...
[4277300.607] [Localization]: Passed Validation.
[4277300.615] [Configuration]: Validating Foreign Key Constraints...
[4277300.616] [Configuration]: Passed Validation.
[4277308.676] [FullTextSearch]: Initializing FullTextSearch
[4277309.031] [Gameplay]: Validating Foreign Key Constraints...
[4277309.041] [Gameplay]: Passed Validation.
[4277309.467] [Configuration]: Validating Foreign Key Constraints...
[4277309.468] [Configuration]: Passed Validation.
[4277310.176] [HallofFame]: Database found. Checking versions...
[4277310.178] [HallofFame]: Database is up-to-date!
[4277323.705] [FullTextSearch]: FTS - Creating Context
[4277330.472] [FullTextSearch]: FTS - Creating Context
[4277363.501] [Configuration]: Validating Foreign Key Constraints...
[4277363.502] [Configuration]: Passed Validation.
[4277371.598] [Localization] ERROR: Database::XMLSerializer (GamePlayText_zh_Hans_CN.xml): Duplicate column names detected in <Row>. Name: Language, Value: zh_Hans_CN
[4277371.598] [Localization]: In XMLSerializer while updating table LocalizedText from file GamePlayText_zh_Hans_CN.xml.

[4277371.722] [Gameplay]: Validating Foreign Key Constraints...
[4277371.737] [Gameplay]: Passed Validation.
[4277383.863] [FullTextSearch]: FTS - Creating Context
[4277383.863] [FullTextSearch]: FTS - Creating Context
[4277384.174] [FullTextSearch]: FTS - Creating Context
[4277384.443] [FullTextSearch]: FTS - Creating Context
[4277385.331] [FullTextSearch]: FTS - Creating Context

:(
I have upgraded my PC as well. I have 16 GB RAM, i7-8700K CPU @3.70 GHz
Plus got NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080Ti. It's definitely not the PC problem :(
Can anyone suggest what needs to be shared in order to help the investigation if anybody is doing? :(
I have a save game. As soon as I click next turn, it crashes. So I can help providing the logs.

Is anyone using this with V1.0.0.314? I tried almost every map and get the startup script failed so I can never even get into the game. Just wondering if this isn't compatible with that version. Otherwise I give up :(

Another patch has been released recently. I don't have crashes on Giant Earth anymore.

UPDATE: game now freezes during AI turn. Something still badly broken in it.

Last edited:
Quick update on gitHub/Steam:
Code:
- compatibility fix : can select Civilization in both setup screen, not just the advanced setup screen.
- compatibility fix : no duplicate entries for maps.
- add <DisabledByFeature> tag to the ExtraPlacement table (allows conditional placement of Volcanoes to prevent overriding of custom NW like Krakatoa or Fuji)
- bug fix : don't place missing strategic resources if the "No Resource" placement option is selected
- various change and addition to the (W.I.P) scenarios code and tables

This include some code that I was working on before taking a break and have not really tested, but that should not affect the normal usage of the game, let me know here if there are issues..

Gedemon, enjoy your break, you really do such a fantastic job of all this!

An observation from a current game. At around turn 313 my save starts to crash. As a result I dropped graphics settings (perform and memory use) right down to minimum. Now I can get as far as turn 358. The next turn crashes without fail.

Activities from AI on start of turn 359

Diplomacy (demands) with Maori and Aztec
Modern age is 2 turns away from ending
One of my spies gets promoted

From the Lauconsole I noticed this seems to be the last event consistently

YnAMP_Script: Trying to find name for city of CIVILIZATION_EGYPT at 18,27
YnAMP_Script: - New name : LOC_CITY_NAME_PORT_GENTIL

This is actually a Free city flipping to Egypt from what I can see. I was thinking about as a test removing it from a previous save by killing the city?

Wouldn´t it be possible to just block the naming of all rivers, deserts, mountains an other landscapes? I would enjoy it very much. May sound strange, but it makes me kind of ill if there are at the wrong place. And we all came along well with no naming before. So would that be an idea? ;)

So an update on my previous post. Things seem to be working now. Here is what I did.

With firetuner;

1. Deleted the City that was about to flip to Egypt.
2. The crash seemed to occur when my spy was promoted, so I deleted all enemy spies.

Not the idea situation, but perhaps it gives a clue?

Gedemon, enjoy your break, you really do such a fantastic job of all this!

An observation from a current game. At around turn 313 my save starts to crash. As a result I dropped graphics settings (perform and memory use) right down to minimum. Now I can get as far as turn 358. The next turn crashes without fail.

Activities from AI on start of turn 359

Diplomacy (demands) with Maori and Aztec
Modern age is 2 turns away from ending
One of my spies gets promoted

From the Lauconsole I noticed this seems to be the last event consistently

YnAMP_Script: Trying to find name for city of CIVILIZATION_EGYPT at 18,27
YnAMP_Script: - New name : LOC_CITY_NAME_PORT_GENTIL

This is actually a Free city flipping to Egypt from what I can see. I was thinking about as a test removing it from a previous save by killing the city?

Hi.

I have a small problem. I followed the windows installation instruction but when unzipping to the Mods folder, the folder is just "Civ 6 YNAMP master" and not in the folder name as described. Also, the game does not sense the mod and I don't have the great earth maps etc when I try to create a game with the YNAMP mod enabled. I used to have an older version of YNAMP which worked fine and I could even create maps in the rise and fall version but this time this version doesn't sense the mod. I am wondering if anybody knows what went wrong?

Does this work with gathering storm?

I haven't been active few months.
I installed this mod, choose map: true starting location earth
There is only 7 leaders possible.

When I played last time few months ago, there was space for unlimited civilizations and there was ynamp map to choose

It required a few weeks of work but yes it's fully compatible now. There is still a possible issue with late game stability on larger maps (giant, ludicrous) with all versions of the game

@gfmozart : make sure to remove all previous versions, and yes, from github the folder name in /Mods/ should be "Civ6-YnAMP-Master" with a .modinfo file directly in that folder

I enabled mod, and I have only few civilizations possible to play with when choose GS.
In the rise and fall I could choose 20 or 30 civilizations

And there is no "GIANT EARTH" to choose when I decide which map I am gonna play.

Attachments

• 1.PNG
    1.PNG
    103.3 KB · Views: 140
  • 2.PNG
    2.PNG
    1.8 MB · Views: 107
  • 3.PNG
    3.PNG
    2.1 MB · Views: 161
First of all thank you for this upload...further is there any possibility to play a larger real earth map than giant earth with TSL? i tried lurdicrous and it did not start and i have the system requirements...thnx

error.jpg

I still get this with the new version. I have the newest update of GS is that maybe why? Only have this mod activated. It still says it's not compatible but I bypass the warning before enabling it.

A big update for Simplified Chinese (cities names) was pushed on GitHub, I wanted to post it ASAP on steam so I've merged it with my current dev version which also
include new override of the game's Frontend files for future usage.
Code:
- update Simplified Chinese texts (and bug fixes to Korean and En/US 
Cities text files) thanks to gamesyofo
- add some parameterIDs (and UI) for generated scenarios setup (but only 
a portion of City placement is coded in game)
- add initial support for hot loading custom movie background and title 
logos on the main menu for scenarios
- add release number to Lua.log to save some support time by filtering 
reports from users with outdated versions of the game

Hi Gedemon, thanks a lot for the great work you are doing, irrespective of the absence of support to (advanced) modders like you from Firaxis.
One question: is Play Europe Again still unstable w/GS (being a bit larger than Enormous)? I ask ‘cause I tried to play it before the antarctic summer patch and around turn 300 I got CTD, in a specific AI turn unless I took control of that AI via a specific mod allowing that.

Top Bottom