YnAMP - Yet (not) Another Maps Pack

YnAMP - Development thread Civ6

My TSL planner has been updated. It should perform better on larger maps (apparently civ isn't the only application with issues handling so many hexes).

Here's the new address: http://www.sukrittan.com/Mod_Apps/TSLPlanner/
The old one will be taken down in a few weeks.

Well I decided to start a new game on a random map, giant in size and nothing to do with this wonderful mod (or any mods for that matter). And low and behold, same crashes at the same time in the late game! So that pretty much says it to me, bugs in the base game!

So my question is, how do we collectively get them to pay attention?

hope you are still there. I managed to clear up the old files and yes now the mod works, but one little hiccup exists.

When I play giant Earth Map, still can't load ludicrous, the rivers aren't imported but generated. Is there something I'm missing here again?
You're out of luck, Mozza.
I just finished a marathon game after 1100 moves on a Giant Terra Map at enormous size and it worked beautifully (except missing graphics for Chocolate Hills, Gobustan and Mount Roraima.)
Any map larger than that will crash after 275 - 300 turns.

I'm now on (real) vacation for a few days, but I will surely get back into modding at the end of the month.

As I can't work anymore on my overhaul project because of a bug in the core game (assigning tile ownership from mods is broken without GS or R&F, and my overhaul will not be dependents of DLC or expansions), I'm going to develop some features for YnAMP that I wanted to code since a long time.

If you've followed the latest bug fixing releases, you may have noted that some preparatory work was done for scenario and scenario generation in the setting screens.

And while I was looking at the config files and the setup screen, I've realized that something I thought impossible without the DLL is in fact actually possible using a replacement of the game's AdvancedSetup.lua : I will add a list to the setup screen to select specific City States you want on your map (while I'm at it I suppose I could also add a restriction list for random Civilization slots)

So one request and one question:

1/ While I'm away, could you guys manage to get a list of which city states are available for each version of the game (including DLCs) and, very important, which CS replace which one depending of the DLCs/Expansions used.

2/ What would you want from an automated scenario generator ?

By scenario generator, I mean allowing YnAMP to create a scenario using default variables (num. cities, distance between them, territory size, number of roads/rails/buildings/districts per city, ...) set in the setup screen or civ-specific variables taken from config XML files.

@Gedemon - I noticed this error in my Lua.log:
Code:
YnAMP_InGame: Map Name = nil
Runtime Error: E:\User Files\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization VI\Mods\Yet (not) Another Maps Pack (Ver. 7.5.0 BETA) (190424)\Scripts\YnAMP_InGame.lua:166: attempt to index a nil value
stack traceback:
    E:\User Files\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization VI\Mods\Yet (not) Another Maps Pack (Ver. 7.5.0 BETA) (190424)\Scripts\YnAMP_InGame.lua:166: in function '(main chunk)'
    [C]: in function '(anonymous)'
Lua callstack:
Error loading file where=, file=E:\User Files\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization VI\Mods\Yet (not) Another Maps Pack (Ver. 7.5.0 BETA) (190424)\Scripts\YnAMP_InGame.lua
I'm not sure what the referenced line "YnAMP.GetGrandStrategicAI = GetGrandStrategicAI" does, however, the game appears to function fine with the error.

It was a test to get the game's suggestion for next city placement for the scenario generator that is running in Gameplay context, but was in fact useless for that purpose and I finally adapted the plot fertility code instead.

Not sure why it generates an error in your case but it will be removed anyway.

You guys don't mind if I possibly rotate and crop the map and use the city naming code for a regional mod?

As usual, you can use part of my code in any mod as long as you don't sell it and give credit.

Hello everyone. I just downloaded the files from git and installed them, but none of the maps shows when i'm creating a game in my map list. I've already activated the mod. Please help.

Update for beta testing (only released on gitHub)

Code:
- initial release of the scenario generator for placing Cities, Territory and Roads (some options are not coded yet, like number of roads per city and international roads)
- add option to select specific City-States for a game (need the YnAMP AdvancedSetup.lua and AdvancedSetup.xml replacement to be loaded, so not compatible with mods that change that file like Sukritact's)
- bug fix : do not try to place NW truncated by a custom selection of a map region
- bug fix : some Korean texts where using the <en_US> tag
- bug fix : possible crashes with Ocean start position

Update for beta testing (only released on gitHub)

Code:
- initial release of the scenario generator for placing Cities, Territory and Roads (some options are not coded yet, like number of roads per city and international roads)
- add option to select specific City-States for a game (need the YnAMP AdvancedSetup.lua and AdvancedSetup.xml replacement to be loaded, so not compatible with mods that change that file like Sukritact's)
- bug fix : do not try to place NW truncated by a custom selection of a map region
- bug fix : some Korean texts where using the <en_US> tag
- bug fix : possible crashes with Ocean start position

Great! Thanks so much. I'll get testing.

With the end game crashes. What do you think the approach should be? Everyone just bombard the devs with support tickets? I get the crashes on non-mod random games too.

Update on Steam/Github
Code:
- add "Panama" option for the Giant Earth (change hills to flatland near Panama for a canal)
- fix WorlBuilder panels, hide Firaxis brush tools, as YnAMP's has more sizes and support more placement types
- add more city placement option in scenario setup screen (some won't do anything if the map/scenario don't support them, still didn't find a clean/fast way yet to hide those depending on map selection)

IDK about spamming the support tickets for late game crashes, but always send the error report if asked for by the Firaxis Crash Reporter.

Last edited:
@sukritact : do you think it would be possible to work together on compatibility for the setup screens between our mods?

Last edited:
Top Bottom