1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

YnAMP - Yet (not) Another Maps Pack civ6

A compilation of maps and script with culturally linked start location or TSL

1. historix69

historix69 Chieftain

I removed all mods from the mods folder and newly subscribed to YnAMP on Steam and was able to launch a new game. Shaka + 36 random AI + 24 CS, Marathon, force TSL.
    Everything looked ok.

(Within the first 30 turns, 2 players were reported defeated, but that's probably not related to YnAMP but just to the game mechanics and the fact that my older mods for loyalty and free walls are disabled.)

Last edited: Jun 19, 2019
    Gedemon likes this.
  2. Gedemon

Gedemon Modder Moderator

Your AdvancedSetup.lua file is the same as Sukritact's ?

I could do a merged file for compatibility, but you'll need a different mod (ID, dependencies) with the same lua file for compatibility (ie one mod with YnAMP/Suk Civ screen dependency, one for YnAMP/Anno Domini dependency)

Or just one without any dependencies, but less user friendly.

3. Gedemon

Gedemon Modder Moderator

So, launched an autoplay game on the Giant Earth with Gathering Storm, ended with a constant crash at turn 341 after reloading the last autosave (had a few recoverable random crashes before), 8 turns before sea rising... *sigh*

historix69 likes this.
  4. historix69

historix69 Chieftain

It seems that the AI did rage quit before the desaster started ... :rolleyes:

Sad to read this ... do you think the crash is caused by unlocked technologies (= number of different types of units, buildings, etc.) or by total number of cities and units on the map or by the algorithm to calculate effects of global warming?
    Can you do some more tests, e.g. if it takes 3 times longer on marathon game speed to crash or what happens when you do an advanced start in a later era or turn off sea rising?

Last edited: Jun 21, 2019
  5. Kaan Boztepe

Kaan Boztepe Chieftain

i saw the new interface for your "play europe again" . Fantastic stuff , way ahead of Firaxis. I was wondering if it is also possible to add "missing amenity resources" as an option .

6. Gedemon

Gedemon Modder Moderator

Test update on gitHub
    Code:
    - restore "Export to Lua" button in Worldbuilder, and update code to include coastal lowland altitude
    - restore YnAMP riversID (for imported maps) and flow direction to plot Editor tab in Worldbuilder
    - add option to import lowland placement for converted maps
    - add option to disable the map generator random placement of floodplains for imported map (no rivers flooding then)
    Can you rephrase ?

I mean there is a "Place All Luxuries" option for that map.

7. Kaan Boztepe

Kaan Boztepe Chieftain

I mean there is a "Place All Luxuries" option for that map.[/QUOTE]

Would that not would randomize all luxury placement? If possible I would like to keep the luxuries that are already fixed in place with the map scenario

8. Gedemon

Gedemon Modder Moderator

it should work like that, just adding resources, not removing those previously placed.

9. Gedemon

Gedemon Modder Moderator

Another test update on GitHub/CFC

Code:
    - change the method to prevent Civilizations without TSL to be placed on the map, instead of not assigning them a Starting Position (which now makes the game exit to main menu) the mod remove all their units on the first turn, but it has a side effect : you may find geographic features named from those removed Civilization around their temporary starting position
    - bug fix: do not try to call MarkCoastalLowlands() when it does not exist (for example when loading a WorldBuilder's mapmod)
    - allow scenario placement of Capitals and Imported Cities (from the <ScenarioCities> or <CityMap> table) even when there is no maximum number of cities defined (and still use the limit when it's defined)
    - various bug fix for the scenarios placement code
    - add some scenario data (cities, territories, units, improvements, routes) formatted in XML to the lua.log when using the "Export Map to Log" function

chrisgatt7 likes this.
  10. chrisgatt7

chrisgatt7 Chieftain

So what our chances of getting a Modern world Civ Map on the 180x map

11. Gedemon

Gedemon Modder Moderator

pretty high, I still need to code buildings/districts import and improvements/buildings/districts automated generation, but you should already be able to create a basic and relatively realist world scenario (automated generation of cities, roads, railroads, territory) using a few lines of XML code (one line per civ)

12. chrisgatt7

chrisgatt7 Chieftain

I’ve created one but I did it the slow non coded way ... I use the GOD mod play on hot seat and made an entire earth ... with about 35 major playable civs ... but that is obviously the slow and drawn out way hahaha

13. chrisgatt7

chrisgatt7 Chieftain

My bigger issue isn’t creating the map per day but finding all the mod civs I want with the proper units ... I wish the mods from CIV V we had sooo many and they continue to grow ... I remember the clash of civilizations super power mod was my favorite with your earth maps

14. Gedemon

Gedemon Modder Moderator

Final test update on GitHub/CFC, planned update on Steam this WE.

Code:
    - add <MaxDistanceFromCapital> and <OnlySameLandMass> parameters for city placement using the scenario generator
    - add an example of settings for a generated scenario ("YnAMP generated placement")
    - add option on setup screen to prevent any scenario placement
    - fix river flow in North-East section of the Play Europe Again map thanks to Mew151
    - various fix to the scenario generator code
    - fix "Export to Lua" code that was failing when not using Gathering Storm
    - add a check to prevent placement in scenario of civilizations that shouldn't have a TSL for the current map (but were force-placed to avoid the crash to main menu introduced with civ6 latest patch and players without starting position)

Last edited: Jul 5, 2019
    TaylorItaly and chrisgatt7 like this.
  15. Gedemon

Gedemon Modder Moderator

Small update here, and everything synchronized on Steam too.
    Code:
    - restore Restart button in WorldBuilder

TaylorItaly likes this.
  16. RYSHER

RYSHER Chieftain

Guys, is the game playable on Giant Earth map?

After the latest patch my savegame loads successfully but crashes during AI turn. May be thats because the save was made before the patch.

If I start new game on Giant Earth will I be able to finish it? Will I face constant crashes at late stage and will not be able to continue at some point?

17. SodaMan

SodaMan Chieftain

Was Largest Earth Custom removed in the latest update? I still see it in the files but it doesn't show up on the selection screen anymore.

18. ilshur

ilshur Chieftain

hello - massive fan of your mod. I've noticed it updated recently, and it coincides with a small issue i've been experiencing. I generally use the 'real city naming' that forces some version of the real city's name (sometimes in the language of the civ instead of the english language, as a default), but this issue i've noticed recently is this:

This feature works as it always has and as you expect it when you first load and start a new game, but after you save and reload that game the real city naming seems to revert back to 'generic names only' - within the same game.

Is this a documented issue? do you think there is some other collision occurring? It isn't a crash, and it does not impact any other facet of game play, so it isn't really that big a problem, just something i've noticed.

Thank you!

19. dshole

dshole Chieftain

A note on giant map stability. I've managed to get to turn 320 before the crashes start and I've had to reduce graphic settings. The issue seems to tie in with either a disaster, whole map being revealed, or the change to diplomacy screen. But I get this on random maps as well.

20. RYSHER

RYSHER Chieftain

I have a constant crash on turn 889. It happens during AI turn. So it is a bit of a record I guess.

Civ 6 + all DLC and patches. Giant Earth with all nations.