1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

YnAMP - Yet (not) Another Maps Pack civ6

A compilation of maps and script with culturally linked start location or TSL

1. Ferocitus

Ferocitus Warlord

Terra (Giant Earth, enormous size, no Barbs) is very stable for me with 16 civs and 24 CS.

What is the most civs+CS where it hasn't crashed for you?
    (I'll try cranking up the number of civs myself as well to push it to the limits.)

2. RYSHER

RYSHER Chieftain

My case is a bit strange. My game crashed during AI turn and it was always during Roman civ's turn in progress. Then the patch came and it eliminated that crash. I was able to make a few turns but at some point my savegame just refused to load. It stucked at loading screen with no crash. Then again another patch came (the latest one) and now my savegame loads successfully again. But crashes during AI turn. It also crashes right away when "Reveal all" is executed.

By the way I mentioned it already but I want so say again. I found out that I can cause crash by moving my unit to a certain tiles. For example I have a battleship and if I move it to a specific tile the game will crash. Seems like at the late game "corrupted" tiles are generated for some reason. I guess my game crashes during AI turn for this specific reason. AI simply moves his unit to a corrupted tile and that causes crash.

Last edited: Jul 13, 2019
  3. bramage78

bramage78 Chieftain

So my case is also a bit strange. When everything is set to random I can start a new game on Giant Earth. However, when I select the civs and city states it crashes. https://pastebin.com/VP7J113D

4. MAHRana

MAHRana Chieftain

Yeah I’ve been getting a similar issue, gold not being found for Brazil

5. Gedemon

Gedemon Modder Moderator

small update (Steam/gitHub)
    Code:
    - try to force a starting position for all civilizations on all map types to prevent the bug (return to main menu) introduced by the June patch.

6. tyuratam

tyuratam Chieftain

I've been playing Civ6 GtS with YnAMP Giant map in a MacBookPro 2018 (2.7GHz Intel Core i7, 16GB DDR3 RAM, Intel Iris Plus Graphics 655 1536MB) with macOS Mojave (v. 10.14.5) but it always crashes around turn 330, specially after June update (v. 1.0.0.328, 173917 Metal). Does anybody already found a solution? Plus, I contacted the Aspyr Support Team (in charge of Civ6 GtS for Mac) and here is their answer: "Since this is a player created mod, the mod developer will need to update it in order to resolve the issue. Aspyr did not develop this mod, so there's not much we can do.". I simply can't play Civ6 without this super mod :(

7. Gedemon

Gedemon Modder Moderator

While it's true for most mods problem post-update, in this specific case there is no way I can fix that (unless they give me access to all the source code, not just the DLL), it's the game that's broken for larger maps since GS patch.

8. Gedemon

Gedemon Modder Moderator

Some precision, as this is a common issue with the PC version, I suppose Aspyr couldn't fix it even if they'd want to, because crossplatform MP synchronization seems to be hard to achieve and they surely don't want to code something differently than Firaxis to not make it even more difficult.

9. MAHRana

MAHRana Chieftain

Mod (or game) is acting strange lately, nothing spawns if I don't check random placement for non-TSL civs, and whenever I get past turn 60 or so (only playing with a few civs on a small custom section of Giant Earth) the desktop comes up with the Firaxis error report (repeatedly after loading the save).

10. SlightlyMad

SlightlyMad Chieftain

Has anyone figured out what the max size for a map is to not encounter said crash? If it's close, I wonder if we could trim the map a little and get around the issue? It doesn't seem likely that Firaxis will ever fix the bug at this point.

11. MAHRana

MAHRana Chieftain

Well i had a game crashing as small as Mid Mediterranean – West India – North Mediterranean – North Africa, if that helps

12. Gedemon

Gedemon Modder Moderator

Bug fixing update
    Code:
    - fix TSL that was broken in the previous update
    - fix "Import Lowland" option that was generating an error
    - restore previous Export code to fix issue when importing map data in YnABMC 0.3.2

and 128x80 for the maximum size reaching 500+ turns in my autoplay tests, but I won't vouch for the game's stability, need more feedback.

13. tyuratam

tyuratam Chieftain

I see. There is any suggestion of what can I do to try to play the game till the end with the YnAMP? Or just wait till they launch another patch and see if luck is on my side? :p

14. Gedemon

Gedemon Modder Moderator

• use windows 7
    • lower graphic settings
    • use the option to disable lowland placement (to prevent sea rising, which cause crashes on larger maps)
    with the 3 points above combined, you *may* get to 500+ turn on giant maps.

Alternatively (not tested):
    • Downgrade your game to the 2017 spring patch (version 1.0.0.129 / 28-Mar-17) or earlier versions of Civilization VI using this method
    • Uninstall your current version of YnAMP and get one that works with the game's version you've downgraded in the mod's history like YnAMP Beta.4 or 5 for civ6 v1.0.0.129.
    Of course you're back to vanilla civ6 then, but you should be able to play full games at ludicrous size (230x115)

15. tyuratam

tyuratam Chieftain

Hey Gedemon! Thanks for your tips. I managed to advance finally beyond turn 330 thanks for your tips. Although, as I was continuing an earlier game with lowland placement ON, it crashed on turn 402 when the sea level rose. Well... at least now I know if I disable it I'll probably manage to advance further. Thank you very much!

16. bramage78

bramage78 Chieftain

So I am still getting an error when starting a game on Giant Earth. Any time I manually select CS the game doesn't start, however, if I put CS on random there isn't a problem starting the game. I know it doesn't seem like that big of a deal, but there are some CS that I want in the game versus others. Thanks for all the hard work you do for this mod.

17. Gedemon

Gedemon Modder Moderator

18. agonistes

agonistes wants his subs under ice!

Yea, I'm done with civ vi.

What's more important to me, ynaemp or rock bands?

Vi has just gone off the rails at this point.

19. Gedemon

Gedemon Modder Moderator

Small update:
    Code:
    - bugfix : YnAMP script was crashing on reload (fix broken Real City Naming)

20. Ferocitus

Ferocitus Warlord

Version 7.6.10 worked beautifully for me with Terra enormous. (i7-4790K CPU@4.00GHz, 16Gb RAM, GTX 970, Win7, DX11.)
    I was able to finish 3 games at marathon pace in a week - all around 1000 turns and after sea levels rose.
    However, when I tried 7.6.11 and 7.6.12 with identical setups (16 civs, 24 CS, sea level low, no barbs) I got some very weird errors, e.g. no natural wonders, and CTD when exiting to main menu, or reloading a saved game.
    Back to 7.6.10, and the game hums along perfectly for me again.