YnAMP - Yet (not) Another Maps Pack

YnAMP - Development thread Civ6

I'd like the logs on map creation for those issues.

Is there a way to add in a resource for a certain plot while also using the civ 6 resource placer?

For example say I want wheat on (1,4) on the giant earth map but all other resources placed normally. Can I do this?

As the giant earth map is not working properly, is there another yet smaller realistic looking earth map with true starting locations included in the mod? I haven't really tried all the options as I have been using the optimized world map. That map is currently not being updated though so I was wondering if ynamp would have something similar?

No, it's hard to find a good map at a smaller size keeping a realist look.

If there are good example, let me know, with screenshots if possible.

Just wondering, has anyone else faced the crashes on random larger maps, i.e. not using Gedemon's amazing mod? I experienced this prior to the June update on a random map, logged a ticket but heard nothing back. I hate random maps and I'm not sure I have the strength of will to start another!

If the stability is with the game itself and not the mod, perhaps we all need to start to petition the devs? At the moment I have a YnAMP game at around turn 350. So far only one crash that I've managed to work around by reducing graphics a bit. The game is starting to chug a bit but I've nearly won. It is worth noting I've not managed to pollute the world enough to cause sea level rise (I was being climate aware)!

No, it's hard to find a good map at a smaller size keeping a realist look.

If there are good example, let me know, with screenshots if possible.
Have you tried the Optimized world? The map itself is great. It achieves a pretty realistic look of earth with sacrificing in some regions. The only problem is that the map is not being updated lately.

I attached a picture from that mods steam page.

Attachments

• previewfile_1696578097.jpg
    previewfile_1696578097.jpg
    569.1 KB · Views: 343
Have you tried the Optimized world? The map itself is great. It achieves a pretty realistic look of earth with sacrificing in some regions. The only problem is that the map is not being updated lately.

I attached a picture from that mods steam page.
Yes, that the map I point people too when they ask for that size, but it's already a YnAMP map, and so your request is not for a new map for YnAMP, but to update an existing one.

Then, no, sorry, I don't have time to maintain another map.

there is also a new 128x80 map on steam:
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1826889771

and compatibility update, thanks @Zobtzler for the reminder and the tool's update
Code:
Update export code for the latest version of YnABMC

Yes, that the map I point people too when they ask for that size, but it's already a YnAMP map, and so your request is not for a new map for YnAMP, but to update an existing one.

Then, no, sorry, I don't have time to maintain another map.

there is also a new 128x80 map on steam:
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1826889771

Wasn't really requesting anything. Just wanted to know it there is one :). Thanks for the information!

Wasn't really requesting anything. Just wanted to know it there is one :). Thanks for the information!
Ho, yes, misread, sorry.

The smaller Earth map in the base mod is the convertion of the Greatest Earth Map, which IMO is the best hardware/gameplay compromise, at the cost of a strange-looking size ratio between the different continents and the oceans.

There is no "Transparent Civilizations" issue anymore. Dev's June Update eliminated that bug.

How does one rotate natural wonders via lua? And I mean through the "MapToConvert", I have been unable to track down what the code means when refering to it.

Some of my natural wonders are pointing the wrong direction

Also, I finally figured out why I was unable to initially load my map and export it to script, turns out, I never looked what civs were avilable as WorldBuilder seemed to insisnt on letting Zulu stay and ignore everyone else... So that's fixed, now I have my script.

Edit: Wait, the placement of my natural wonder does not seem to match their actual location...

Oh you have to edit the Map config for that :shifty:

Last edited:
Ho, yes, misread, sorry.

The smaller Earth map in the base mod is the convertion of the Greatest Earth Map, which IMO is the best hardware/gameplay compromise, at the cost of a strange-looking size ratio between the different continents and the oceans.

Thanks, I'll try that out! Is it larger than the vanilla true start map?

The custom.xml for adding neutral beliefs for getting around the beliefs problem doesn't seem to be working with the latest version. Nothing happens when I select the Neutral Belief and click the Found This Pantheon button. If I click Reselect the Belief button after that, nothing happens when I try to select the Neutral Belief again. Is there a new xml file or another mod that adds dummy beliefs without adding a whole lot of other stuff?

Experimental update (on gitHub only) to test a few fixes

Code:
- add more debugging output to lua.log, required to track some inconsistencies
- bug fix : don't set Width/Height Factor/Ratio for maps not requesting it
- bug fix : no fertility limit when building the backup StartPosition table, as all civs must be placed to prevent a crash to main menu since the June 2019 patch.
- City State selection: build the custom list from the DB using '%LEADER_MINOR_CIV%' in the SQL query and not just 'LEADER_MINOR_CIV%'

Update on gitHub and Steam
Code:
- Add manual checkbox to select which Expansion/DLC is active to update the CS selection list, as there are issue with the automated method.
- Bug Fix: the Rivers pathfinder should now attribute unique River IDs, in some specific cases the same river could have multiple IDs

Update on gitHub/Steam
Code:
- compatibility fix for civ6 v.1.0.0.341 (September 2019 patch)

Should fix the advanced setup problem, and I can confirm loading without error on the Europe section of the Giant Earth with default setting, everything else is not tested.

Update on gitHub/Steam
Code:
- compatibility fix for civ6 v.1.0.0.341 (September 2019 patch)

Should fix the advanced setup problem, and I can confirm loading without error on the Europe section of the Giant Earth with default setting, everything else is not tested.

can confirm, setup working, i'm testing giant earth with auto play for now - fingers crossed

Top Bottom