YnAMP - Yet (not) Another Maps Pack

YnAMP - Development thread Civ6

Hi,

i played a little bit with the Ludicrous Map Size. the loadtime around 10 minutes.

Config:
continent and low watter level. I startet with brazil Peter II (random start).

after some rounds I meet kongo and some rounds later kongo and also brazil (as peter II) declared war at me.
I never meet another brazil in the game, so don't know how this happend :crazyeye:. But after this, the game crashed.

So I don't know if this was a problem with the mod or the war declaration.

my gaming laptop brand new :goodjob::

CPU: i7 6700 (3,4 GHz)
RAM: 16 GB
Graphic: NV1060M 6 GB VRAM

BOYS my pc is this:caseCM Storm Sniper ali Xilence 1000w cpu Core i7 4790 ram 2x4 GB vegeance blue lp s.video asus 970 strix mobo gigabyte h97 hd3 ssd san disk ultra 2

playing normally map standar loadings rounds are instant in shifts. however if you use the standar gian earth map already in the first 20 rounds takes 10 15 seconds why?
I trying to HD standards. Now I try it on ssd. tips? sorry for my bad english

editi
i have all max setting video.
I do 120- 130 . and now use ssd but more more time loading
I noticed that i when meeting the barbarians the loanding are 30 second. . .
then as they take off from the map back fast loading even if sometimes (random back 30 seconds to turn around and then go back to 2 seconds)

Last edited:
I think it's a bug because of the map with the base game maps also standard size is ultra fast

How did you actually make this map? You converted it from an existing Civ V map somehow? It's probably beyond my skills to do; and anyway, I want to start from scratch with my own world map for Civ VI. If there is some sort of editor available (without the squiggly borders from the strategic view...), please let me know. In the meantime, thank you for this map; I can finally stop restarting the game since it always gives me a bad random map! :D:goodjob:

First: Thank you very much for the mod, because this was one of my favourites from CIV V.
Second: Sadly my computer isn't able to run it, even on the lowest possible setting. I have a Intel Core i5-4120H CPU with 2.90 GHz and a GT940M with 2GB VRAM and 16GB RAM. Is my CPU or GPU the problem?

All the best, mate!

Thank you so much for creating this. Now to try it out! Appreciate your many contributions to Civ community!

Thank you Gedemon. The Civ community is truly lucky to have you as an active modder.

Ok, this is pretty weird. After building a pasture on a Horse tile, it seems I have 5(!) Horses for sale. :eek: Seems like a vestige of Civ V's resource functionality... The map must've preserved the old resource numbers, and is now using them for all strategic resources. Either that or it's a random fluke, but I doubt that. I will report what happens as I develop further resources.

Hey does this mod reduce the minimal city distance to 2 like it did in civ 5? If it doesn't that would be great if you were to implement it as i dont want to edit the base files. Thanks for this awesome and great mod!

Anyone have a problem with TSL? Me and my wife started a new LAN game, me as aztecs her as america. I started in mexico but she started in what looks like saudia arabia.

First of all, i want to thank Gedemon for the great and fast work. I play the map with a friend in multiplayer and alone in singeplayer...so far, its very nice.

But like stiiknafuulia said, the strategic resource quantity is not always correct. I got 5 hourses from one source, and the same with iron. But the friend in multiplayer and ghandi got just one iron from a source.
And some other weird **** happens in singleplayer (king). All known ki's (2) declared war on me without a reason and units for the war. I think its the same think like fenixkiller talk about.

Anyone have a problem with TSL? Me and my wife started a new LAN game, me as aztecs her as america. I started in mexico but she started in what looks like saudia arabia.
I dont think it comes with tsl, only ethnic starts, so that certain civs start in certain areas next to other civs of same area like egypt and arabia, or germany and france

so if me and my wife wanted to play in the same area which two should I chose? We tried aztec and america, but she immediately found germany and it looks like shes in saudia arabia so im not sure it placed her properly. Is it possible with multiplayer only the first player gets a ethnic start?

Hey Gedeamon,

I'm not usually a forum person, I only register and write if I really have something to say.

Basically, I'm here to express my deepest gratitude to you and the people helping you on this. I honestly love you man, thank you.

I haven't actually downloaded this because I want to play with TLS but I stay here refreshing this page until you have uploaded it, I don't even have any doubts for this, it's gonna be atleast as good as your previous releases.

Thanks once again man, your work is much appreciated <3

Hey gedemon can you add the rhine river so that the german aachen start has a river.. It would be great if you added this!
1st screen was misleading, it was from the teaser version without imported rivers, I've uploaded the correct screen in OP.

so if me and my wife wanted to play in the same area which two should I chose? We tried aztec and america, but she immediately found germany and it looks like shes in saudia arabia so im not sure it placed her properly. Is it possible with multiplayer only the first player gets a ethnic start?
The actual code only works with ethnicity, not map location, and America is Euro for the game.

could be changed, but I'm coding TSL first so this will be fixed anyway in next release.

Update: The extra resources appear with most improved strategic resource tiles. The amount varies, so it's clearly a vestige of the original Civ V info of the map. Not sure what kind of spells you cast to import the map into Civ VI, but it needs a little more of the same magic touch. ;)

Thanks so much for working on this, I have run the mod and map a few times and it seems to run good. Stable and load times aren't that crazy considering after the initial loading turns run pretty quick.

I'll be over the moon once the TSL is added.

thanks again

Top Bottom