YnAMP - Yet (not) Another Maps Pack

YnAMP - Development thread Civ6

First tks very much for this mod.

Hanging Gardens didn't recognized a river tile from my city. I'll test more.

1st screen was misleading, it was from the teaser version without imported rivers, I've uploaded the correct screen in OP.

The actual code only works with ethnicity, not map location, and America is Euro for the game.

could be changed, but I'm coding TSL first so this will be fixed anyway in next release.

Oh ok! That makes much more sense then! Thanks for the reply. What countries start in american then? Aztec and brazil? Me and my wife want to start a game where we are relatively close together and can take america for ourselves against the AI, what countries should we play to make that happen?

Oh ok! That makes much more sense then! Thanks for the reply. What countries start in american then? Aztec and brazil? Me and my wife want to start a game where we are relatively close together and can take america for ourselves against the AI, what countries should we play to make that happen?
none for the moment, the code try to place civilization close to other civilization with the same ethnicity, but do not check the location on the map, that will come with TSL..

Hey, just wanted to let you know that the Giant Map works fairly well in Hotseat. Very happy personally as I hated how Civ 5 handled the map, there is minimal (maybe a 1-2 second lag before a switch of turns).

Can't wait to play test it with all 20 civs (metagaming to the max!)

TheMarshmallowBeari
i have more problem whit Giant map.. after 10 round long long long loading.. test and tell me

You mean 10 turns? Didn't seem to have any issues, are you playing with more than 20?

The game does tend to drag along, the more players the have the quicker that will become an issue. What are your specs?

You mean 10 turns? Didn't seem to have any issues, are you playing with more than 20?

The game does tend to drag along, the more players the have the quicker that will become an issue. What are your specs?

caseCM Storm Sniper ali Xilence 1000w cpu Core i7 4790 ram 2x4 GB vegeance blue lp s.video asus 970 strix mobo gigabyte h97 hd3 ssd san disk ultra 2
the problem is the barbarian .
I mean.
when in the map there are no barbarians loadings between shifts are ultra fast. Just seems a barbarian and I have to fight it takes 30 seconds. (This only happens with this mod) in the default no .
can be 5 or 10 rounds .. then disappeared back the barbarians ultra fast
You can help me?

Giant map with abundant resources & legendary start worked fine. Slow to load w/19 civs, perhaps 5 minutes. Wait after pressing next turn is perhaps 30 seconds on my system which is an i5 2500K 8GB with GTX 1070/8GB. It is one very big map indeed. As Pericles I started in India, found 2 CS nearby and Egypt was over in the Arabian Peninsula. This has real promise, your work a gift to all the community.

Very good! I have a question, is there a civ limit? Or can we select unlimited civs in a game?
Set at 60, don't know if all are loaded, had more then 55 in my last test (that don't leave a lot of CS on the map...

@Gedemon , are starts pre-defined (just random?) noticed that twice, a civ started in the same location (any civ, in a particular location).
random, but on a fixed map it's normal that the game's code decide that a specific position is a good starting plot every time.

caseCM Storm Sniper ali Xilence 1000w cpu Core i7 4790 ram 2x4 GB vegeance blue lp s.video asus 970 strix mobo gigabyte h97 hd3 ssd san disk ultra 2
the problem is the barbarian .
I mean.
when in the map there are no barbarians loadings between shifts are ultra fast. Just seems a barbarian and I have to fight it takes 30 seconds. (This only happens with this mod) in the default no .
can be 5 or 10 rounds .. then disappeared back the barbarians ultra fast
You can help me?
I've added some number in the first post, I'll put the barbarians on my priority list when I'll start Lua scripting.

Last edited:
@Gedemon , are starts pre-defined (just random?) noticed that twice, a civ started in the same location (any civ, in a particular location).

When you start a new game, you can set in advanced setting a random value that change your starting location (by default it's always the same number so the same location)
It means we could set a true start location for our civ so far, but I don't know how those numbers work

Are you considering reducing the required tiles to a city to 2, instead of 3, since cities in europe will get very crowded?

People requesting this need to realize that the map itself is already beyond huge. Decreasing city distances will make the game slower faster. Also, the balance of the game would be out of whack due to how districts work with overlapping bonuses.

Yes it sounds nice because of Europe, but it is probably not good for the long game.

People requesting this need to realize that the map itself is already beyond huge. Decreasing city distances will make the game slower faster. Also, the balance of the game would be out of whack due to how districts work with overlapping bonuses.

Yes it sounds nice because of Europe, but it is probably not good for the long game.

Except when your France only has 1 city.

Not everyone will be able to handle Giant size, people struggle with Large/Huge already I'm sure.

Playing a game on the huge map...

One thing I noted was that the maximum # of great prophets available is 6, despite religions available being set to 8 in the mod files. Do we have a way to change this?

Playing a game on the huge map...

One thing I noted was that the maximum # of great prophets available is 6, despite religions available being set to 8 in the mod files. Do we have a way to change this?

Don't try changing the max number of religions without adding extra beliefs to accomodate. Also remember that Great People work differently now.

Top Bottom