YnAMP - Yet (not) Another Maps Pack

YnAMP - Development thread Civ6

I always remove the leaders animation at that size (graphical settings to the minimal value for leaders) and I have a video card with 6GB of RAM.

I don't know if 8GB is enough for the leaders animation, I'd like feedback from users with 1070/1080 (or AMD 390/480) cards.

I'll have a test play as a player to see if I have the same issue.

In all case I'm going to edit the mod's description for the recommanded settings on that map size, 4GB of VRAM seems to the absolute minimum with lowered settings.

Thanks, Gedemon. Yes those are the cards i am considering; the 480 8 GB GTR Cards.

I use a triple screen but switsching from 5760px x 1200px to a lower resolution of 1920px x 120px did not change anything.

Curious if you encounter the same problem as I.

I have played every Alpha version of the ludicrous-sized, Giant Earth Maps, with all
civs (including Aztecs), no barbarians, and marathon speed.
I've stuck with that one set up to see if subsequent versions had any effect.

I play with animations all at low, no leader animations, or other bimbo graphics.
I play offline, with virus software off.
I clear out the logs, caches, .txt files, and saved games before playing a new version.

Of course, that type of game set-up will only suit a small fraction of players.

However, (with i7-4790K CPU @ 4GHz, 16Gb RAM, NVIDIA GTX970)

I have NEVER had a CTD (and more importantly, I've enjoyed every game!)

The only issue I had was an occasional freeze on exit to desktop. That didn't happen quite
as often if I returned to the game before exiting.

I wish you a very happy holiday season, Gedemon.
By "happy" I mean I hope you are locked in a room for the next few days doing nothing
but eating, drinking and improving your wonderful creations!

To all others, I hope you too are locked in your rooms for the next few days, either
playing great games, or listening to the echoes of your own kvetching. :p

Not tonight, maybe Friday if I can find enough time, else it won't be before next week.

I'm in the middle of some reorganization, and I can't just add the code for Poland TSL and release without testing that I haven't broken anything major with my other changes...

Okay, thanks for the reply and for your time. Have a happy/merry/(insert what ever you would say before the name of the holiday you celebrate.) holidays/Christmas/(Insert what ever holiday you celebrate.)

I was trying out another game with version 13 with the new winter patch. I got crash again :<

Attachments

• VICTORIA 130 1740 AD.Civ6Save
    4.6 MB · Views: 302
  • AutoSave_0130.Civ6Save
    4.6 MB · Views: 224
Well, I'm doing fine. Meanwhile I noticed the following:

- France founding 2 Nantes: one in the right location and one which should have a different name, but doesn't
- England founding Calais in Belgium and France founding Calais (in Spain).

From 2 different games, using updated version.

davbenbak said:
I got Scythia in Africa on the Play Europe again. Is anyone else having this problem? Also, now that I've revealed the map it looks like I could have added the Sumerians. Is there a list a civs that have set starting positions on this map? Missing some city states especially Vilna but not that big a deal now that the Poland DLC is out. It's just hard to use Germany's bonus against city states were there aren't many. Enough requests and questions for now...back to playing a great mod.

Gedemon said:
Are you playing on a Mac ?

No. a PC. Just finished a game with no crashes. Turn 480 Science victory for Germany. The only other issue besides Scythia's starting location was that England never built any cities other that London.

Gedemon said:
I need to add a check for resource placement when importing resources, some were valid in civ5 but no more in civ6.

Gedemon, Dec 10, 2016 Report

Thanks. It takes the fun out of playing Egypt and Sumeria when you can't use a vital resource because it spawned in a flood plain. (sorry...I get the hang of the quote feature soon)

how would you place the rivers in that area ?

There is also a deformation from the map projection in this region, which projection are you using for comparaison ?

I need a map creator for that. Well, you know, I've made a some kind of research and I've come to the conclusion that you are right (speaking about Russia's TSL). But I think that you should fix the Volga river. Later I'll send you a screenshot with my recommendation.

I have played every Alpha version of the ludicrous-sized, Giant Earth Maps, with all
civs (including Aztecs), no barbarians, and marathon speed.
I've stuck with that one set up to see if subsequent versions had any effect.

I play with animations all at low, no leader animations, or other bimbo graphics.
I play offline, with virus software off.
I clear out the logs, caches, .txt files, and saved games before playing a new version.

Of course, that type of game set-up will only suit a small fraction of players.

However, (with i7-4790K CPU @ 4GHz, 16Gb RAM, NVIDIA GTX970)

I have NEVER had a CTD (and more importantly, I've enjoyed every game!)

The only issue I had was an occasional freeze on exit to desktop. That didn't happen quite
as often if I returned to the game before exiting.

I wish you a very happy holiday season, Gedemon.
By "happy" I mean I hope you are locked in a room for the next few days doing nothing
but eating, drinking and improving your wonderful creations!

To all others, I hope you too are locked in your rooms for the next few days, either
playing great games, or listening to the echoes of your own kvetching. :p

Thanks for sharing. Nice card, i tried what you suggested; using the low resolution, without bimbo graphics. Did not work, may be my setup and/or the winter patch. But as I like bimbo graphics, i went for the giant map instead. I may justify for myself to consider buying a new card over x-mas, maybe they are on sale.

Has anyone experience with the (XFX) Radeon RX 480 8GB GTR cards?

Just curious, how much time passes for you between turns on the ludicreous map?

Gedemon, thanks again for all your effort in creating this wonderful mod(s). Merry merry X-mas :)

I was trying out another game with version 13 with the new winter patch. I got crash again :<
Sorry, can't open that save as I don't have the Poland DLC, neither the build queue mod.

Anyone with those can confirm the crash ?

Thanks for sharing. Nice card, i tried what you suggested; using the low resolution, without bimbo graphics. Did not work, may be my setup and/or the winter patch. But as I like bimbo graphics, i went for the giant map instead. I may justify for myself to consider buying a new card over x-mas, maybe they are on sale.

Has anyone experience with the (XFX) Radeon RX 480 8GB GTR cards?

Just curious, how much time passes for you between turns on the ludicreous map?

A few seconds at the start, and up to about 2-3 minutes at turn 800, and out to about 4 minutes after that. That's the best estimate I can provide.
I play Civ on one computer, while doing mathematical work on another machine, and watching vids on another, so move time in civ is not really an issue for me. :)
I hope you can get it working one day because it's a lot of fun.

Sorry, can't open that save as I don't have the Poland DLC, neither the build queue mod.

Anyone with those can confirm the crash ?

No crash, but Poland as a civ doesn't seem to get a start if I'm not playing it as my civ. When I wander over to Europe from China or elsewhere, there is no Poland, just Warsaw CS.
I'll try as Germany, France or Russia to see what happens to Poland's starting position.

No crash, but Poland as a civ doesn't seem to get a start if I'm not playing it as my civ. When I wander over to Europe from China or elsewhere, there is no Poland, just Warsaw CS.
I'll try as Germany, France or Russia to see what happens to Poland's starting position.
ho, sorry, I meant having a crash while trying the saved game posted by justinsy

I'm working on Poland TSL

ho, sorry, I meant having a crash while trying the saved game posted by justinsy

I'm working on Poland TSL
Sorry, I misunderstood.

But just for the record...

Choosing Jadwiga as your leader results in a map that is completely fog of war.
The game never gets beyond an infinite wait state because, I guess, there is no starting position defined in alpha 0.13.

If you include Jadwiga as just another civ then there is no sign of Poland on the map,
for the same reasons I suppose, however, the game doesn't crash because of the absence.

(All assuming GEM, ludicrous-size, marathon, no barbarians.)

I have been playing playing as Poland on the map (cant remember name) where Europe is larger to accommodate Civilsations, it has worked and im one hundred turns in however Vilnius is two tiles from where the settler spawns for Poland meaning either you move or they will have to move to plant a city when starting.

Apart from that seems fine although there is a lot of stone.

Thanks for the maps/ability to play them Gedemon :) !

Gedemon, The poland seems to work fine. I've encountered them on the map and seem to be on the right place beside germany.

BTW, if you don't have the dlc, I'd like to buy it for you :). I haven't finished a game yet with the mod since it keeps crashing but I've enjoyed them a lot :)

Add me, http://steamcommunity.com/id/winstonoverkill/

Last edited:
Gedemon, The poland seems to work fine. I've encountered them on the map and seem to be on the right place beside germany.

BTW, if you don't have the dlc, I'd like to buy it for you :). I haven't finished a game yet with the mod since it keeps crashing but I've enjoyed them a lot :)

Add me, http://steamcommunity.com/id/winstonoverkill/
Thanks, I'm hesitant about the DLC: on one hand, I didn't want to give 2K Games money until the modding tools are released, on the other it would of course help me modding to have it...

It starts Ok here with GEM, ludicrous-size, all civs inc. Aztec and Poland.
Only problem is that Vilnius' settler is crowded and easily taken at the start.
Should I remove Vilnius when the small/medium rules are selected ?

Top Bottom