1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

YnAMP - Yet (not) Another Maps Pack civ6

A compilation of maps and script with culturally linked start location or TSL

1. Gedemon

Gedemon Modder Moderator

Gedemon updated YnAMP - Yet (not) Another Maps Pack for Civ6 with a new update entry:

Alpha .14

2. Gedemon

Gedemon Modder Moderator

And I've added the Cordiform Earth map as an example on how to create a map in an external mod using YnAMP features.

I'll try to build a tutorial around it on how to export/import maps from civ5 or civ6 internal WB then add TSL or other custom options.

I've also removed Warsaw from the two included CS mods.

And merry Christmas everyone :D

GabrielFM07 and XplorR like this.
  3. RedWarrior3

RedWarrior3 Chieftain

The Volga.

Attached Files:

• y.png
      y.png
      File size:
      1.9 MB
      Views:
  4. Ferocitus

Ferocitus Deity

I have only ever played ludicrous size GEM maps so I can't help with that.

Replacing Warsaw with Danzig might be better, and the Polish and German players here could have a nice discussion about the actual name.

5. Armina

Armina Chieftain

Hello everybody! my question is: what kind of bugs or crashes has Alpha 14 for this moment? Or it hasn't?
    I don't remember in which version....but earlier i had crash when i tried to capture the enemy city...game crashed to desktop.

6. Gedemon

Gedemon Modder Moderator

Thanks, added to the to do liste.
    The crash on city capture was from the game's fall patch, it should have been fixed with the game's winter patch.

As for the mod, there was a crash reported by Stooo related to the option to close the Bosphorus Strait which was fixed by v. 14

I was never able to reproduce the "can't select a pantheon" bug, which can happen in a game with a lot of civs on the map (more than the 19 from the base game), I think that's the last thing preventing me to go from alpha to beta.

7. Armina

Armina Chieftain

Thank you for the answers!=) And big thanks from Russia for your great work making this map!=) sorry for my english=)

8. Gedemon

Gedemon Modder Moderator

Thanks for the gift, I'll have no excuse if Poland TSL is not working in the future :D

9. _Impreza1_

_Impreza1_ Chieftain

Hi Gedemon, did you remove Amsterdam as a CS in the latest Giant Earth version? Thanks

10. Siryeo

Siryeo Chieftain

Hello Gedemon,

I have been trying to populate the Play Europe Again map with city states using the NewCityStates.lua file to generate them. Although, they seem to function properly, I've found that it unfortunately replaces existing city states randomly instead of adding them in. I've tried removing all instances of "OR REPLACE" to no avail.

What I did find is that there are always 12 City States. I am unsure if it's because of the number of Civs or something else.

I suspect it may be because the map file for PEA only has 12 City States listed, which are all the relevant city states that vanilla has to offer. If I add more and remove the European city state restriction, would the script function properly?

*I tried it and it didn't work.

I could also add all the CS in and rename them, but I would prefer a better way to do this.

*I tried this too and it also didn't work. There seems to be a hard limit for 12 city states. I can't find what dictates that.

Do you have any tips for me?

Merry Christmas!

edit: Did some testing

edit2: looks like my first guess was right. the # of civs is what determines how many city states there are. so if you want more city states on Europe you have to just add a bunch of civs, and if you set the rules right, the extra civs won't spawn but the city states should

edit3: So I managed to fix everything and add every CS that I could (madol should nan_madol), but I have two problems. One is that my city states capital names are being overwritten which is fine, but annoying because the names aren't as historical as I'd like them to be. Two is that the AI basically sees other city states as a free settler. Not really at the fault of anyone besides Firaxis

Last edited: Dec 25, 2016
  11. Delritho

Delritho Chieftain

So, I have been trying to load the Largest Earth map for the last couple of days. I was able to get it to load before the Winter Update, but didn't really play for all that long. After I can't even get the map to load.

I normally have the speed set to Online, The Large Earth Scale ruleset, no duplicate leaders, and only Conquest and Science victories enabled.

I've tried doing all random leaders with the standard ruleset and standard speed, but it seems to be insistent on crashing before loading.

Attached Files:

• Lua.rar
      File size:
      8.8 KB
      Views:
  12. GameBoy2000

GameBoy2000 Warlord

NO! I like my second settler on turn 1. Just kidding (Even though it is nice.), I'd say remove it other wise we get a huge advantage to an already strong civ.

13. ken123

ken123 Chieftain

Great map pack ive played over 100 hours on this alone, but late game always tends to crash. Regardless of map; giant earth, europe again. Does anyone else have this problem or know a solution? As far as i can tell its not hardware that seems to be the issue as ive kept my eye on the resources it uses when i play it and there is more than enough available for it to run.

14. GabrielFM07

GabrielFM07 Chieftain

I had the same problem every time I try to play on Giant earth map and as Gedemon said, the problem is Ram memory most of the time, so technically if a game crashed should be Ram memory overloading (most of the time), the only solution is to buy more memory Ram sockets or ... play in the strategic view, I was able to finish 3 games from the ancient era until the information era without any crash in the Giant Earth map, and I only have 4GB of Ram [On the strategic view]

15. Dray

Dray Clairvoyant

On the 'Greatest Earth Map' with game rules set to 'Earth 2 (?)', Spain seems to have their starting capital named 'Brest' (a city in Normandy?) instead of Madrid, despite being located in the correct position (central Iberia).

Last edited: Dec 24, 2016
  16. Douglas Oak

Douglas Oak Chieftain

Any chance you could do a Eurasia map at about the same scale or bigger of the largest earth map?

17. Mancunian Radical

Mancunian Radical Chieftain

Salutations!

There seems to be a problem with your mod - when i mod a vanilla size (230x116) and load it with barbarians and cpu opponents it works fine - but when I load the exact same setup (with Largest Earth) for example - it ends up crashing - I enabled logging but I can't seem to locate the cause of the crash. - if it helps I play with 4k resolution ( but I've tried it with 1080p also)

18. MentalMike

MentalMike Chieftain

what does the link civs by culture mean in starting positions?
    Edit: nevermind i figured it out

19. Siryeo

Siryeo Chieftain

Is it possible to split Europe into different continents? Certain in game mechanics rely on the new continent feature such as England's Pax Brittanica which gives them a melee unit if they settle on a new continent. It could be something like this .

Africa should also be split into Eastern and Western North Africa with the Horn of Africa being the midpoint (the Horn would be part of Western North Africa). Asia Minor should be its own continent and so should the Caucasus region. The border between Arabia and Eastern North Africa should be at Sinai. The leftover Middle East should be Arabia.

20. Ferocitus

Ferocitus Deity

After playing very long games (GEM, ludicrous-size map, no barbs, marathon pace)
    with alpha 0.14, I have encountered only one peculiarity: Jadwiga sometimes replies
    in Spanish instead of English.
    Apart from that, and an occasional freeze on exit, the game has been stable and
    very enjoyable.

MonkeyTennis likes this.