YnAMP - Yet (not) Another Maps Pack

YnAMP - Development thread Civ6

Couldn't find Poland in the Old World ruleset, but I'm sure it's on the list. Merry Christmas Gedemon!

Yeah, can't seem to select Poland in any of the YnAMP rulesets, europe, new world, old and etc.

Managed to chop it together myself in Notepad ++, no issues so far, just had to add the poland line of code to the europlayers in the config.xml file

Last edited:
Is there any reason why the new City States haven't been given TSLs yet?
Firaxis didn't give me anticipated access to the DLC then released it just before my holidays, forcing me to rush v. 14 release. :D

But don't worry I'm on my way back, still, if someone want to provide the tsl for each map here or on gitHub, that would surely speed up things.

Same for the new natural wonders by the way.

After playing very long games (GEM, ludicrous-size map, no barbs, marathon pace)
with alpha 0.14, I have encountered only one peculiarity: Jadwiga sometimes replies
in Spanish instead of English.
Apart from that, and an occasional freeze on exit, the game has been stable and
very enjoyable.

I'm having the exact same problem, I'm glad it's not just me. :)

Fun Fact: It's actually Portuguese

So for reasons I cannot completely explain I can't upload to github right now, but I can post the strings of text if somebody wants to add them to the correct files here for at least adding Amagh to Ireland for Play Europe again, as well as my fix for getting Jadwiga in the " EuroPlayers " grouping. I just put Armagh SW of Belfast, near the source of a river I decided was Lough Neagh.

Code:
<Replace MapName="PlayEuropeAgain" Civilization="CIVILIZATION_AMARGH"        X="22" Y="69" />
added to Maps/PlayEuropeAgain/Map.xml

Code:
 <Row Domain="EuroPlayers" CivilizationType="CIVILIZATION_POLAND" LeaderType="LEADER_JADWIGA" CivilizationName="LOC_CIVILIZATION_POLAND_NAME" CivilizationIcon="ICON_CIVILIZATION_POLAND" LeaderName="LOC_LEADER_JADWIGA_NAME" LeaderIcon="ICON_LEADER_JADWIGA" CivilizationAbilityName="LOC_TRAIT_CIVILIZATION_GOLDEN_LIBERTY_NAME" CivilizationAbilityDescription="LOC_TRAIT_CIVILIZATION_GOLDEN_LIBERTY_DESCRIPTION" CivilizationAbilityIcon="ICON_CIVILIZATION_POLAND" LeaderAbilityName="LOC_TRAIT_LEADER_LITHUANIAN_UNION_NAME" LeaderAbilityDescription="LOC_TRAIT_LEADER_LITHUANIAN_UNION_DESCRIPTION" LeaderAbilityIcon="ICON_LEADER_JADWIGA"/>

added to \Sid Meier's Civilization VI\Mods\Yet (not) Another Maps Pack\Configuration\Config.xml

Although I am still having the Portuguese issue, I am able to play Europe with Poland with the modified rulesets and the new city state.

Gedemon: I didn't get the Ultimate Civ 6 Edition either, so I currently don't have Poland. I plan on buying the DLC soon but it may be a little while. To get around this issue, I just added one Random Player Start location to my map in Poland. Since all other Civ starting locations are assigned, players choosing Poland will be put into the Random Player Start Location. Again, not a long-term solution. But works in a pinch. Hope this might be helpful to you in the future.

Love the YNAMP btw. The Cordiform Earth is pretty weird but a neat (and unique) perspective. Can't wait to see what comes next :)

Playing "More CS for Europe". Still getting Scythia in African desert. Have not seen Poland but if it's on the map somewhere they're not where they are supposed to be. Also when I encountered Sumeria and exchanged capital info the screen locked to the far right of the map and I could only scroll into darkness towards the right. If someone could give me good starting coordinates and exactly which XML file to edit I guess I could fix it myself. Only get three City States so I'm not sure how the "More" is working. I'm playing 11 civs on the map. I though I read that the number of CS's is hard coded to the number of Civ's on the map.

FEEDBACK Giant Earth Map A14

... seems Brasil and India is OP for that Giant Earth map, as they have too much space and ALWAYS would win a science victory around 1950 ...
so doesn't matter which country I play , I have to finish my last mars rocket before that time or kill them :)

Maybe in the ruleset,
the time to build that rocket parts should be a lot more expensive (stupid Firaxis even made them cheaper in their last patch) AND
also once again everything has been researched around 1930 !!! (only playing PRINCE, so AI shouldn't cheat , but it does :)
the late time research cost should be a lot more expensive !
used all DLCs and YNAMP Alpha 14

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=827754919

Thank you for all your hard work !

PS: If you want a game to last till 2030 and still want to research something !
That values have proven a better result

-- Longer Civic and Technologies
UPDATE Technologies SET Cost=(Cost*1) WHERE EraType='ERA_ANCIENT';
UPDATE Technologies SET Cost=(Cost*1) WHERE EraType='ERA_CLASSICAL';
UPDATE Technologies SET Cost=(Cost*1.1) WHERE EraType='ERA_MEDIEVAL';
UPDATE Technologies SET Cost=(Cost*1.1) WHERE EraType='ERA_RENAISSANCE';
UPDATE Technologies SET Cost=(Cost*1.2) WHERE EraType='ERA_INDUSTRIAL';
UPDATE Technologies SET Cost=(Cost*1.3) WHERE EraType='ERA_MODERN';
UPDATE Technologies SET Cost=(Cost*1.5) WHERE EraType='ERA_ATOMIC';
UPDATE Technologies SET Cost=(Cost*2.0) WHERE EraType='ERA_INFORMATION';
UPDATE Civics SET Cost=(Cost*1) WHERE EraType='ERA_ANCIENT';
UPDATE Civics SET Cost=(Cost*1) WHERE EraType='ERA_CLASSICAL';
UPDATE Civics SET Cost=(Cost*1.1) WHERE EraType='ERA_MEDIEVAL';
UPDATE Civics SET Cost=(Cost*1.2) WHERE EraType='ERA_RENAISSANCE';
UPDATE Civics SET Cost=(Cost*1.4) WHERE EraType='ERA_INDUSTRIAL';
UPDATE Civics SET Cost=(Cost*1.5) WHERE EraType='ERA_MODERN';
UPDATE Civics SET Cost=(Cost*1.8) WHERE EraType='ERA_ATOMIC';
UPDATE Civics SET Cost=(Cost*2.0) WHERE EraType='ERA_INFORMATION';

PS: Could you please change that 2 Natural Wonders on the West Coast of North America and maybe move them one HEX closer to each other SO WE COULD GET THAT STEAM ACHIEVEMENT to build the original National Park, as both wonders have to be in the park !
Thanks

PPS : Is it possible to move it in a save game :) as I am playing America and want to build it, even I have to destroy the Actecs and Japan to do it LOL

Nan Madol seems didn't like it's position as it never could be found there (already played Giant Earth Map 4 times) ... is it because there is NOTHING ?
Maybe we should give them some fish, pearls, silk and crabs around them ?

BUG BUG BUG :

even I already have won a science victory (what else on that large map :) , I saved and have not started the rocket, but since 10 turns now, game CTD when I try to conquer any city !
Already tried video minimum settings and turning audio off also ...

Seems to be a RAM problem, but have 16GB and until now, not a problem since the new patch ! ...
@Gedemon
so anyone wants that save, but I have all DLCs and the Aztecs and all parts of the YNAMP mod activated , but no other mod !

Last edited:
Hey guys. Sorry, a noob question here -
On Play Europe Again I prefer to randomize the Civs starting points. Everything's working fine except that the city names keep getting overrided. For example, if me or AI plays as China but gets starting position in i.e Norway, all of their cities will get Norway names instead of the original. Is there a way to keep the original Civ city names? Playing Alpha 14
Here are my settings for further info
Spoiler :

LOL the modders workered their asses off that it replaces the city names to original ones :)
it is one of the greatest features.
I really would love that in all maps , but that would be an insane boring work :)
So why you are using a REAL MAP, when you prefer a fantasy setting, sorry don't get that
Anyway ...
think you have to rename them manually !

LOL the modders workered their asses off that it replaces the city names to original ones :)
it is one of the greatest features.
I really would love that in all maps , but that would be an insane boring work :)
So why you are using a REAL MAP, when you prefer a fantasy setting, sorry don't get that
Anyway ...
think you have to rename them manually !
Haha that's awkward... :)

I just love real-world setting but with complete randomness when it comes to Civs. Anyways thanks for the answer.

And thanks to Gedemon and the others for their great work!

FEEDBACK Giant Earth Map A14
... seems Brasil and India is OP for that Giant Earth map, as they have too much space and ALWAYS would win a science victory around 1950 ...

It is premature to declare Brazil and India as OP based on that flimsy evidence.

Both can do very well if left to expand unchallenged, but I have also seen them do
poorly, e.g. when India's eastward expansion is contained by China or Japan, or
Brazil's easy spread through South America is damped by the US or the Aztecs.
I have also seen Congo and England play havoc with both India's and Brazil's expansions
late in the game.

Happy New Year to everybody!=)
2 questions...
1) What is the difference between Giant Earth (180x94) and Greatest Earth Map (104x64) beside size? I mean functional difference. Or there's no difference?
2) Gedemon sad that there's a "panteon bug"? what does it mean? For example, I'm going to play Germany in Greatest Earth Map - so it will 100% crash through 50, 100, 200 turns?

Ok, I managed to get into The Largest Earth Map, but well. With some grapical issues.

Like the backgrounds for unit symbols/city labels are invisible. Which basically means seeing what type of unit I am looking at is difficult at a glance.

Ok, I managed to get into The Largest Earth Map, but well. With some grapical issues.

Like the backgrounds for unit symbols/city labels are invisible. Which basically means seeing what type of unit I am looking at is difficult at a glance.

Can your graphics card handle that size map and the settings?
Did you clear out the cache and remove other files before starting Ynaemp?

Happy New Year to everybody!=)
2 questions...
1) What is the difference between Giant Earth (180x94) and Greatest Earth Map (104x64) beside size? I mean functional difference. Or there's no difference?
2) Gedemon sad that there's a "panteon bug"? what does it mean? For example, I'm going to play Germany in Greatest Earth Map - so it will 100% crash through 50, 100, 200 turns?
My computer has the following settings:
i3 3.30 GHz
4GB Ram
Intel HD Graphics 2500 On-board
And I was able to run the greatest earth map without crashing (no audio ;-;) so if you have a pc with a bit more RAM and a slightly better processor can run smoothly.

Top Bottom