YnAMP - Yet (not) Another Maps Pack

YnAMP - Development thread Civ6

My computer has the following settings:
i3 3.30 GHz
4GB Ram
Intel HD Graphics 2500 On-board
And I was able to run the greatest earth map without crashing (no audio ;-;) so if you have a pc with a bit more RAM and a slightly better processor can run smoothly.

I have no problem with running large or super large maps, maybe because i have
I7 6700 4 GHz
16 GB DDR4 RAM
GeForce GTX980 4 GB

I just want a serious game, not to make 100-150 turns and then get a crash=)) I hope you understand my bad english=))

My friends and I were playing ultiplayer just fine for a few days, decided to use this map pack. It seems like a really well done piece of work. But seems to break multiplayer lobbys for us. We would host a game, and it would appear on everyone's screen(LAN), and always people would be 50/50 on being unable to join with no error message, just greyed out join button. We discovered if you host without using the map, then after everyone joined, switch to the map it would work. Unfortunately if someone crashes out, then they are unable to rejoin. Very unfortunate, as this map was really cool.

My computer has the following settings:
i3 3.30 GHz
4GB Ram
Intel HD Graphics 2500 On-board
And I was able to run the greatest earth map without crashing (no audio ;-;) so if you have a pc with a bit more RAM and a slightly better processor can run smoothly.

With that settings I wonder that you even manage that the Greatest Earth Map hadn't any problems ...
did you reduce Barbarians or even disabled them ? and how many Civs ?
Anyway bigger maps as around 100x70 will be very problematic for your PC ... graphic problems, very slow turns and late game crashes !

My friends and I were playing ultiplayer just fine for a few days, decided to use this map pack. It seems like a really well done piece of work. But seems to break multiplayer lobbys for us. We would host a game, and it would appear on everyone's screen(LAN), and always people would be 50/50 on being unable to join with no error message, just greyed out join button. We discovered if you host without using the map, then after everyone joined, switch to the map it would work. Unfortunately if someone crashes out, then they are unable to rejoin. Very unfortunate, as this map was really cool.

strange worked for us , but we played over Internet and only 3 , because the 4th player was also not able to join, because of cyrillic windows os !
But to be sure -> ALL MUST HAVE installed the same MODS and enabled them and only the host who started the game could start from the save game again

Happy New Year to everybody!=)
2 questions...
1) What is the difference between Giant Earth (180x94) and Greatest Earth Map (104x64) beside size? I mean functional difference. Or there's no difference?
2) Gedemon sad that there's a "panteon bug"? what does it mean? For example, I'm going to play Germany in Greatest Earth Map - so it will 100% crash through 50, 100, 200 turns?

1) Greatest Earth Map, has the map cut on both poles (so parts of Norway, Sweden, Russia and Canada are missing) and lot of water is also removed !
2.) Don't think it is still there, as I never encountered it. Shouldn't be the case if you don't choose more than 20 civs

It is premature to declare Brazil and India as OP based on that flimsy evidence.

Both can do very well if left to expand unchallenged, but I have also seen them do
poorly, e.g. when India's eastward expansion is contained by China or Japan, or
Brazil's easy spread through South America is damped by the US or the Aztecs.
I have also seen Congo and England play havoc with both India's and Brazil's expansions
late in the game.

... as I said GIANT EARTH MAP, so they have space BUT the problem is, that they would finish it in 1930 and that is the problem, not that they are OP BUT the techs/civics are too cheap and the parts also , that is the problem !

Can your graphics card handle that size map and the settings?
Did you clear out the cache and remove other files before starting Ynaemp?

GTX 1070 for the GPU. As for clearing the cache, not quite sure how to do that.

http://imgur.com/a/klUtH
Here is a picture of said graphical error. Almost all settings down as low as they can go.

Last edited:
... as I said GIANT EARTH MAP, so they have space BUT the problem is, that they would finish it in 1930 and that is the problem, not that they are OP BUT the techs/civics are too cheap and the parts also , that is the problem !

Yes, I am referring to the Giant Earth Map. (That's the only one I ever play.)

Earlier, you wrote:
"... seems Brasil and India is OP for that Giant Earth map, as they have too
much space and ALWAYS would win a science victory around 1950 ..."

But they don't "ALWAYS win around 1950" in the games I have played at prince
level (same as you).
In fact, they haven't won any in the four games I have played. They have done
quite well, but they were disrupted at some stage by either me (playing as Japan
or China), or other AIs. I tend to block mountain passes and other choke points
to contain India a bit. It's also good to settle Panama as soon as you can.
While you are doing that, Russia can expand very quickly through the tundra, so
it's not easy to contain all of the opponents.

I agree that the tech tree could be slowed down (or new items included in the
gaps), but that does not mean that India and Brasil are OP on GEM, as you said.
It just means they have to be watched closely and dealt with.

QUESTION:

Maybe someone who is nice, would be so brave :) and makes a TSL mod for the FIRAXIS World and Europe (Vikings DLC) Maps ?
Thanks

Doe's anybody know how the names of the 3 new natural wonders are ? (to be able to activate them in the game) ...
  • Eyjafjallajökull 2/83 ... maybe that Eyjafjalla_Glacier
  • Lysefjord 18/80
  • Giant's Causeway 6/77
could be like that ->
e.g.
NaturalWonders[GameInfo.Features["FEATURE_LYSEFJORD"].Index] = { X = 18, Y = 80}
NaturalWonders[GameInfo.Features["FEATURE_EYJAFJALLA_GLACIER"].Index] = { X = 2, Y = 83}
NaturalWonders[GameInfo.Features["FEATURE_GIANTS_CAUSEWAY"].Index] = { X = 6, Y = 77}

... LOL wrong guesses, crashed to Desktop :)

And please move one natural wonder FOR an ACHIEVEMENT (Natural Park) to a new position ->
NaturalWonders[GameInfo.Features["FEATURE_CRATER_LAKE"].Index] = { X = 132, Y = 64}
Thanks

This TSL are adapted for using 5hex Distance between cities (to prevent late game CTD , when you conquer a city )

<Replace MapName="GiantEarth" Civilization="CIVILIZATION_AUCKLAND" X="112" Y="11" />
<Replace MapName="GiantEarth" Civilization="CIVILIZATION_ANTANARIVO" X="36" Y="17" />
<Replace MapName="GiantEarth" Civilization="CIVILIZATION_ARMAGH" X="4" Y="75" />
<Replace MapName="GiantEarth" Civilization="CIVILIZATION_GRANADA" X="9" Y="50" />
<Replace MapName="GiantEarth" Civilization="CIVILIZATION_MUSCAT" X="45" Y="43" />
<Replace MapName="GiantEarth" Civilization="CIVILIZATION_PALENQUE" X="142" Y="45" />

Granada had to be placed on North Africa ... no serious place left in Spain
Also if a CS or Civ would be one hex away from the sea, it is now a coastal city to grow better and be able to build ships ..

Here the 2 files, which should be exchanged for the GIANT EARTH MAP, IF you want
(not changing rulesets, when setting game up)

if you exchange gameplay.sql (you have to extract it)
- 5 hex min Distance between cities
- Tech and Civics expensive enough to last till 2000 and longer
- move faster on water
- 1 Barbarian camp per civ , as performance is terrible with more ...
- +2 food for dover cliffs

if you exchange map.xml
- have ALL CS placed which are in Vanilla and DLCs
- could use ALL CIVS (even both Greece and Aztecs)

MISSING : the three new natural wonders, but they should be at
Eyjafjallajökull 2/83
Lysefjord 18/80
Giant's Causeway 6/77

- use only the original YNAMP A14 mod or the CS will not be placed, because there are too many with the add on !

UPDATE UPDATE
BUG: Forgot sql will not show up, when you want to upload it to civfanatics.
Sorry gameplay.sql should be here , but have to ZIP it ...

gamerplay.sql (unzip it first) CHANGES GAMEPLAY even after starting a YNAMP game !!!
So you could change that on the fly ...
C:\Users\USERNAME\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization VI\Mods\Yet (not) Another Maps Pack\Gameplay
-- Rules and Barbarians
INSERT INTO Feature_YieldChanges (FeatureType, YieldType, YieldChange) VALUES ('FEATURE_CLIFFS_DOVER', 'YIELD_FOOD', '2');
UPDATE GlobalParameters SET Value = '5' WHERE Name = 'CITY_MIN_RANGE';
UPDATE GlobalParameters SET Value ='1' WHERE Name ='BARBARIAN_CAMP_MAX_PER_MAJOR_CIV';
UPDATE GlobalParameters SET Value ='6' WHERE Name ='BARBARIAN_CAMP_ODDS_OF_NEW_CAMP_SPAWNING';
UPDATE GlobalParameters SET Value ='6' WHERE Name="BARBARIAN_CAMP_COASTAL_SPAWN_ROLL";
UPDATE GlobalParameters SET Value ='4' WHERE Name="BARBARIAN_CAMP_MINIMUM_DISTANCE_ANOTHER_CAMP";
-- More moves on roads
UPDATE Routes SET MovementCost = 0.75 WHERE RouteType="ROUTE_ANCIENT_ROAD";
UPDATE Routes SET MovementCost = 0.50 WHERE RouteType="ROUTE_MEDIEVAL_ROAD";
UPDATE Routes SET MovementCost = 0.33 WHERE RouteType="ROUTE_INDUSTRIAL_ROAD";
UPDATE Routes SET MovementCost = 0.25 WHERE RouteType="ROUTE_MODERN_ROAD";
-- Double movement on Ocean
UPDATE Terrains SET MovementCost = 2 WHERE TerrainType="TERRAIN_COAST";
UPDATE GlobalParameters SET Value = Value * 3 WHERE Name ='MOVEMENT_WHILE_EMBARKED_BASE';
UPDATE Units SET BaseMoves = BaseMoves * 2 WHERE Domain = 'DOMAIN_SEA';
-- Longer Civic and Technologies
UPDATE Technologies SET Cost=(Cost*1) WHERE EraType='ERA_ANCIENT';
UPDATE Technologies SET Cost=(Cost*1) WHERE EraType='ERA_CLASSICAL';
UPDATE Technologies SET Cost=(Cost*1.1) WHERE EraType='ERA_MEDIEVAL';
UPDATE Technologies SET Cost=(Cost*1.1) WHERE EraType='ERA_RENAISSANCE';
UPDATE Technologies SET Cost=(Cost*1.2) WHERE EraType='ERA_INDUSTRIAL';
UPDATE Technologies SET Cost=(Cost*1.3) WHERE EraType='ERA_MODERN';
UPDATE Technologies SET Cost=(Cost*1.5) WHERE EraType='ERA_ATOMIC';
UPDATE Technologies SET Cost=(Cost*2.0) WHERE EraType='ERA_INFORMATION';
UPDATE Civics SET Cost=(Cost*1) WHERE EraType='ERA_ANCIENT';
UPDATE Civics SET Cost=(Cost*1) WHERE EraType='ERA_CLASSICAL';
UPDATE Civics SET Cost=(Cost*1.1) WHERE EraType='ERA_MEDIEVAL';
UPDATE Civics SET Cost=(Cost*1.2) WHERE EraType='ERA_RENAISSANCE';
UPDATE Civics SET Cost=(Cost*1.4) WHERE EraType='ERA_INDUSTRIAL';
UPDATE Civics SET Cost=(Cost*1.5) WHERE EraType='ERA_MODERN';
UPDATE Civics SET Cost=(Cost*1.8) WHERE EraType='ERA_ATOMIC';
UPDATE Civics SET Cost=(Cost*2.0) WHERE EraType='ERA_INFORMATION';

MAP.XML
C:\Users\USERNAME\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization VI\Mods\Yet (not) Another Maps Pack\Maps\GiantEarth
<!-- Majors -->
<StartPosition>
<Replace MapName="GiantEarth" Civilization="CIVILIZATION_AMERICA" X="155" Y="64" />
<Replace MapName="GiantEarth" Civilization="CIVILIZATION_ARABIA" X="36" Y="41" />
<Replace MapName="GiantEarth" Civilization="CIVILIZATION_AZTEC" X="138" Y="49" />
<Replace MapName="GiantEarth" Civilization="CIVILIZATION_BRAZIL" X="165" Y="20" />
<Replace MapName="GiantEarth" Civilization="CIVILIZATION_CHINA" X="80" Y="59" />
<Replace MapName="GiantEarth" Civilization="CIVILIZATION_EGYPT" X="30" Y="41" />
<Replace MapName="GiantEarth" Civilization="CIVILIZATION_ENGLAND" X="9" Y="72" />
<Replace MapName="GiantEarth" Civilization="CIVILIZATION_FRANCE" X="11" Y="66" />
<Replace MapName="GiantEarth" Civilization="CIVILIZATION_GERMANY" X="22" Y="69" />
<Replace MapName="GiantEarth" Civilization="CIVILIZATION_GREECE" X="27" Y="55" />
<Replace MapName="GiantEarth" Civilization="CIVILIZATION_GREECE" X="25" Y="63" Leader="LEADER_GORGO" />
<Replace MapName="GiantEarth" Civilization="CIVILIZATION_INDIA" X="61" Y="52" />
<Replace MapName="GiantEarth" Civilization="CIVILIZATION_JAPAN" X="96" Y="58" />
<Replace MapName="GiantEarth" Civilization="CIVILIZATION_KONGO" X="26" Y="29" />
<Replace MapName="GiantEarth" Civilization="CIVILIZATION_NORWAY" X="19" Y="83" />
<Replace MapName="GiantEarth" Civilization="CIVILIZATION_ROME" X="20" Y="57" />
<Replace MapName="GiantEarth" Civilization="CIVILIZATION_RUSSIA" X="31" Y="78" />
<Replace MapName="GiantEarth" Civilization="CIVILIZATION_SCYTHIA" X="49" Y="75" />
<Replace MapName="GiantEarth" Civilization="CIVILIZATION_SPAIN" X="9" Y="57" />
<Replace MapName="GiantEarth" Civilization="CIVILIZATION_SUMERIA" X="42" Y="53" />
<Replace MapName="GiantEarth" Civilization="CIVILIZATION_POLAND" X="30" Y="68" />
</StartPosition>
<!-- Minors -->
<StartPosition>
<Replace MapName="GiantEarth" Civilization="CIVILIZATION_AMSTERDAM" X="16" Y="72" />
<Replace MapName="GiantEarth" Civilization="CIVILIZATION_BRUSSELS" X="17" Y="66" />
<Replace MapName="GiantEarth" Civilization="CIVILIZATION_BUENOS_AIRES" X="161" Y="16" />
<Replace MapName="GiantEarth" Civilization="CIVILIZATION_CARTHAGE" X="16" Y="53" />
<Replace MapName="GiantEarth" Civilization="CIVILIZATION_GENEVA" X="15" Y="60" />
<Replace MapName="GiantEarth" Civilization="CIVILIZATION_HATTUSA" X="36" Y="59" />
<Replace MapName="GiantEarth" Civilization="CIVILIZATION_HONG_KONG" X="82" Y="48" />
<Replace MapName="GiantEarth" Civilization="CIVILIZATION_JAKARTA" X="80" Y="26" />
<Replace MapName="GiantEarth" Civilization="CIVILIZATION_JERUSALEM" X="36" Y="51" />
<Replace MapName="GiantEarth" Civilization="CIVILIZATION_KABUL" X="53" Y="55" />
<Replace MapName="GiantEarth" Civilization="CIVILIZATION_KANDY" X="62" Y="33" />
<Replace MapName="GiantEarth" Civilization="CIVILIZATION_KUMASI" X="11" Y="34" />
<Replace MapName="GiantEarth" Civilization="CIVILIZATION_LA_VENTA" X="146" Y="49" />
<Replace MapName="GiantEarth" Civilization="CIVILIZATION_LISBON" X="4" Y="53" />
<Replace MapName="GiantEarth" Civilization="CIVILIZATION_MOHENJO_DARO" X="55" Y="52" />
<Replace MapName="GiantEarth" Civilization="CIVILIZATION_NAN_MADOL" X="105" Y="31" />
<Replace MapName="GiantEarth" Civilization="CIVILIZATION_PRESLAV" X="31" Y="62" />
<Replace MapName="GiantEarth" Civilization="CIVILIZATION_SEOUL" X="89" Y="62" />
<Replace MapName="GiantEarth" Civilization="CIVILIZATION_STOCKHOLM" X="24" Y="79" />
<Replace MapName="GiantEarth" Civilization="CIVILIZATION_TORONTO" X="153" Y="69" />
<Replace MapName="GiantEarth" Civilization="CIVILIZATION_VALLETTA" X="22" Y="51" />
<Replace MapName="GiantEarth" Civilization="CIVILIZATION_VILNIUS" X="26" Y="73" />
<Replace MapName="GiantEarth" Civilization="CIVILIZATION_YEREVAN" X="43" Y="59" />
<Replace MapName="GiantEarth" Civilization="CIVILIZATION_ZANZIBAR" X="33" Y="27" />
<Replace MapName="GiantEarth" Civilization="CIVILIZATION_AUCKLAND" X="112" Y="11" />
<Replace MapName="GiantEarth" Civilization="CIVILIZATION_ANTANARIVO" X="36" Y="17" />
<Replace MapName="GiantEarth" Civilization="CIVILIZATION_ARMAGH" X="4" Y="75" />
<Replace MapName="GiantEarth" Civilization="CIVILIZATION_GRANADA" X="9" Y="50" />
<Replace MapName="GiantEarth" Civilization="CIVILIZATION_MUSCAT" X="45" Y="43" />
<Replace MapName="GiantEarth" Civilization="CIVILIZATION_PALENQUE" X="142" Y="45" />
</StartPosition>

Attachments

• GamePlay.zip
    1.2 KB · Views: 99
  • Map.xml
    10.7 KB · Views: 200
Last edited:
I make my Korean Civilization mod compatible with YnAMP.
New game can be started, but saved games cannot be loaded.

However, this problem was solved by turn off two optional mods in YnAMP: YnAMP - More CS for Europe and More CS for the World.

I guess these two mods might have some problem.

I make my Korean Civilization mod compatible with YnAMP.
New game can be started, but saved games cannot be loaded.

However, this problem was solved by turn off two optional mods in YnAMP: YnAMP - More CS for Europe and More CS for the World.

I guess these two mods might have some problem.

Also never had CTD when there wasn't that two ADDONS, but last game, when that two has been enabled, I wasn't able to conquer any more cities around 1950, everytime a CTD ...

Here the 2 files, which should be exchanged, IF you want
(not changing rulesets when you set a game up)

- 5 hex min Distance between cities !!!
- Tech and Civics expensive enough to last till 2000 and longer
- move faster on water
- have ALL EUROPEAN CS placed which are in Vanilla and DLCs (Irland, Granada, Oman)
- could use 16 CIVS (all Europeans and the close ones, even both Greece and KONGO and CHINA )

MISSING : the three new natural wonders,
Eyjafjallajökull
Lysefjord
Giant's Causeway

- don't use the add on mods for more CS or you will get strange results !
MAP.XML
C:\Users\USERNAME\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization VI\Mods\Yet (not) Another Maps Pack\Maps\PlayEuropeAgain

<StartPosition>
<Replace MapName="PlayEuropeAgain" Civilization="CIVILIZATION_ARABIA" X="83" Y="19" />
<Replace MapName="PlayEuropeAgain" Civilization="CIVILIZATION_EGYPT" X="74" Y="6" />
<Replace MapName="PlayEuropeAgain" Civilization="CIVILIZATION_ENGLAND" X="31" Y="61" />
<Replace MapName="PlayEuropeAgain" Civilization="CIVILIZATION_FRANCE" X="32" Y="52" />
<Replace MapName="PlayEuropeAgain" Civilization="CIVILIZATION_GERMANY" X="48" Y="57" />
<Replace MapName="PlayEuropeAgain" Civilization="CIVILIZATION_GREECE" X="60" Y="25" />
<Replace MapName="PlayEuropeAgain" Civilization="CIVILIZATION_GREECE" X="58" Y="32" Leader="LEADER_GORGO"/>
<Replace MapName="PlayEuropeAgain" Civilization="CIVILIZATION_NORWAY" X="49" Y="82" />
<Replace MapName="PlayEuropeAgain" Civilization="CIVILIZATION_ROME" X="44" Y="34" />
<Replace MapName="PlayEuropeAgain" Civilization="CIVILIZATION_RUSSIA" X="65" Y="71" />
<Replace MapName="PlayEuropeAgain" Civilization="CIVILIZATION_SCYTHIA" X="101" Y="52" />
<Replace MapName="PlayEuropeAgain" Civilization="CIVILIZATION_SPAIN" X="17" Y="39" />
<Replace MapName="PlayEuropeAgain" Civilization="CIVILIZATION_SUMERIA" X="102" Y="18" />
<Replace MapName="PlayEuropeAgain" Civilization="CIVILIZATION_POLAND" X="58" Y="53" />
<Replace MapName="PlayEuropeAgain" Civilization="CIVILIZATION_KONGO" X="2" Y="17" />
<Replace MapName="PlayEuropeAgain" Civilization="CIVILIZATION_CHINA" X="104" Y="77" />
<!-- Civ6 City States -->
<Replace MapName="PlayEuropeAgain" Civilization="CIVILIZATION_AMSTERDAM" X="36" Y="59" />
<Replace MapName="PlayEuropeAgain" Civilization="CIVILIZATION_BRUSSELS" X="39" Y="52" />
<Replace MapName="PlayEuropeAgain" Civilization="CIVILIZATION_CARTHAGE" X="37" Y="23" />
<Replace MapName="PlayEuropeAgain" Civilization="CIVILIZATION_GENEVA" X="36" Y="46" />
<Replace MapName="PlayEuropeAgain" Civilization="CIVILIZATION_HATTUSA" X="79" Y="30" />
<Replace MapName="PlayEuropeAgain" Civilization="CIVILIZATION_JERUSALEM" X="82" Y="12" />
<Replace MapName="PlayEuropeAgain" Civilization="CIVILIZATION_LISBON" X="11" Y="36" />
<Replace MapName="PlayEuropeAgain" Civilization="CIVILIZATION_PRESLAV" X="65" Y="39" />
<Replace MapName="PlayEuropeAgain" Civilization="CIVILIZATION_STOCKHOLM" X="55" Y="72" />
<Replace MapName="PlayEuropeAgain" Civilization="CIVILIZATION_VALLETTA" X="42" Y="19" />
<Replace MapName="PlayEuropeAgain" Civilization="CIVILIZATION_VILNIUS" X="60" Y="60" />
<Replace MapName="PlayEuropeAgain" Civilization="CIVILIZATION_YEREVAN" X="93" Y="36" />
<Replace MapName="PlayEuropeAgain" Civilization="CIVILIZATION_ARMAGH" X="23" Y="69" />
<Replace MapName="PlayEuropeAgain" Civilization="CIVILIZATION_GRANADA" X="17" Y="32" />
<Replace MapName="PlayEuropeAgain" Civilization="CIVILIZATION_MUSCAT" X="106" Y="10" />
</StartPosition>

--------------------------
gameplay.sql (same changes as in the GIANT EARTH MAP, but you could try 2 Barbarian camps per civ, which should work for that map size)
C:\Users\USERNAME\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization VI\Mods\Yet (not) Another Maps Pack\Gameplay

Attachments

• GamePlay.zip
    1.2 KB · Views: 100
  • Map.xml
    3.2 KB · Views: 126
Last edited:
@FlashXAron Thanks! Don't know if I would want China or both Greeces' but the city states are a must! Out of curiosity, what is the difference between Amsterdam and Brussels as far as traits? Aren't they a little close together? Also TSL's for Kongo and Scythia are just what I needed! My only other wish for this map would be at least one green square in Iceland instead of all tundra and to fix the bug with not being able to improve resources that spawn in flood plains (or at least keep them from spawning there which ever is easiest to code).

@FlashXAron Thanks! Don't know if I would want China or both Greeces' but the city states are a must! Out of curiosity, what is the difference between Amsterdam and Brussels as far as traits? Aren't they a little close together? Also TSL's for Kongo and Scythia are just what I needed! My only other wish for this map would be at least one green square in Iceland instead of all tundra and to fix the bug with not being able to improve resources that spawn in flood plains (or at least keep them from spawning there which ever is easiest to code).
As there is no auto select , which civs to use you have to choose the proper ones
... so when you choose which civs to use, only select 14 without China (would be placed on the North east edge, pretending they invade Europe :) because there is lot of space, which no civ ever uses, same for Kongo which is placed on the south west part in the desert ...
and Sparta (Greece) is already placed in Macedonia ( so it covers the balkan)

... that CS have a strange behavior , as it seems random HOW many are placed ...
I have games where ALL are there, but now I am playing with my brother and GENEVA and LISBON is already missing (what we have found out at the moment), but maybe it is because we are playing MP with 16 civs ...
BUT with the above coordinates, really all have enough space, nothing is overlaped and each TSL is at least 5 hexes away from the next starting position ...

All CS have different UNIQUE TRAITS (like Granada has, that you could built Alcazar), so it is sad, when one is missing and with the feature of the Europe map from @Gedemon each CS even gets the correct name, so Amsterdam is most Rotterdam and Brussels, something else ...

... for spawning of resources on flood plains, only gedemon would be able to prevent that, but as long as it isn't a strategic resource a builder could at least remove it and you could use the hex normal !
QUESTION : Does anyone know, how to force the game to use a special amount of City States and not doing it random or depending how many civs I use or the size of the map ... sometimes the game uses 10 cs but also had games, where all 17 has been placed on the Europe map ?

I have played every Alpha version of the ludicrous-sized, Giant Earth Maps, with all
civs (including Aztecs), no barbarians, and marathon speed.
I've stuck with that one set up to see if subsequent versions had any effect.

I play with animations all at low, no leader animations, or other bimbo graphics.
I play offline, with virus software off.
I clear out the logs, caches, .txt files, and saved games before playing a new version.

Of course, that type of game set-up will only suit a small fraction of players.

However, (with i7-4790K CPU @ 4GHz, 16Gb RAM, NVIDIA GTX970)

I have NEVER had a CTD (and more importantly, I've enjoyed every game!)

The only issue I had was an occasional freeze on exit to desktop. That didn't happen quite
as often if I returned to the game before exiting.

I wish you a very happy holiday season, Gedemon.
By "happy" I mean I hope you are locked in a room for the next few days doing nothing
but eating, drinking and improving your wonderful creations!

To all others, I hope you too are locked in your rooms for the next few days, either
playing great games, or listening to the echoes of your own kvetching. :p

can you take a screenshot of your settings (game settings and graphics settings)? also, how do you clear out the logs, caches, .txt files and saved games?

can you take a screenshot of your settings (game settings and graphics settings)? also, how do you clear out the logs, caches, .txt files and saved games?
I do this every time there is a new version of YnaEmp.

Go into the C:/Users/User/My Documents/My Games/Sid Meier's Civilization VI"
sub-directory and delete the .txt and .log files .
Then...
delete the .sqlite files in Cache
delete all files in Logs
delete all .Civ6Save files in Saves/Single
delete all .Civ6Save files in Saves/Single/auto
delete all .Civ6Save files in Saves/Single/auto/prev
delete all .Civ6Save files in Saves/Single/quick
Civ6_gameoptions.png

Civ6_graphicsoptions1.png
Civ6_gameoptions.png
Civ6_graphicsoptions1.png
Civ6_graphicsoptions2.png

When I try to play with a mod that adjusts world creation (this mod, larger worlds or detailed worlds, for example), my game crashes in world creation. Is this a known bug to someone here, and does anyone have an idea how to fix it?

Gedemon, I am crashing to desktop. I am not sure what the cause is and you mention memory. I was playing on Enormous. I have 16 gigs ram and 3.5 gigs video ram (GTX 970). Is there a way to help identify the issue and thus help everyone and modders get to the bottom? The crash is random. I started a new game yesterday and it crashed about 5 turns. Sometimes it may play longer like 20 or 40 turns in.

Top Bottom