YnAMP - Yet (not) Another Maps Pack

YnAMP - Development thread Civ6

When I create a new game with the "Giant" map, I do not have all civilizations choices when setting up the game :sad: Is a known bug?

Are you using any other mods?
Did you clear out the old saves, .txt, .log, .json, .sqlite, etc files etc to ensure
that an old configuration wasn't being used?

Are you using any other mods?
Did you clear out the old saves, .txt, .log, .json, .sqlite, etc files etc to ensure
that an old configuration wasn't being used?
I read some forums and I want to try to remove the mod options that do not use...
Anyway... yes, I use other mods, but I do not think are in conflict.

Hello amazing patch!

i have some questions if you find the time please have a look.

1) can i enforce a specific City State to be present when i start a new game? if not how can i increase the city states when i start a new game (i ussualy get 16)
2) I try to create one more island in greek region and i have suceeded using the code below in map.xml
<Replace MapName="GiantEarth" X="31" Y="53" ConfigurationId="Stonehenge" TerrainType="TERRAIN_GRASS_HILLS"/>
However to do this i had to use the slot of the stonehedge selection button on your sript
can i have it without messing your code? where should i putted?
3) Can i create a river through code? the bosporus should have a river and i am trying to fix this but no luck so far...

4) I try to replace one resource but i cant find the exact naming for the sheep in order to put it on my code.

Thanks in advance!

Sorry for the dumb question, but... how do I actually start the game with this mod?

I put the stuff in the mods folder. I went in additional content and checked off YNAMP (specifically, the thing that has the description "LOC_YNAMP_TEASER", is that the right thing?). I go to single player and then advanced setup. But what do I do from there? If I do ruleset, I don't see YNAMP. If I choose maps, I see earth map but its the actual firaxis earth map. If I choose the firaxis earth map, it doens't let me change map sizes to the ones in the map pack.

I see Cardioform as an option but if I select it it instantly stops responding until I kill the game (at least, I waited about 2 minutes, I assume it won't load longer than that). This makes me think I'm missing some file but I don't know what. I have the zip from the first page selected all the components except "only europe" and "only new world".

Edit: I downloaded the version from here:
http://civ6mods.com/2016/11/ynamp-yet-not-another-maps-pack-civ6-alpha-9/
And it works. Additionally the YNAMP in the mods menu now has a full description (it says "Maps with true or culturally linked start locations"). Maybe the beta link in this thread has something missing, or I'm an idiot and forgot the right file somewhere...?

Last edited:
Ok found 2 and 4 so I am sharing here for anyone interested

<ExtraPlacement>
<Replace MapName="GiantEarth" X="31" Y="59" ConfigurationId="ClosedBosphorus" TerrainType="TERRAIN_GRASS_HILLS"/>
<Replace MapName="GiantEarth" X="31" Y="53" ConfigurationId="MontSaintMichel" ResourceType="RESOURCE_SHEEP"/>
<Replace MapName="GiantEarth" X="28" Y="57" ConfigurationId="MontSaintMichel" TerrainType="TERRAIN_GRASS_HILLS"/>
<Replace MapName="GiantEarth" X="31" Y="53" ConfigurationId="Stonehenge" TerrainType="TERRAIN_GRASS_HILLS"/>
</ExtraPlacement>

if anyone knows 1 and 3 please let me know

hello and sorry for my English.
I play with the map Giant and no other mod but unfortunately at some fist crashes and I also always recharging at the same dot in the game ends
He crashed three times
turns 180
turns 199
turns 241
with other versions had no problems

thank you

Last edited:
Hey! Tried starting this map and couldn't for a while. This mod seems to not work with the Larger Maps mod which makes your computer freeze each time you select a map. Everything else is great! Thank you for the time and effort into making this!
9/10

Hmmm, pretty sneaky Ged, having cities change names if they are conqured. When I took Tours, the only 'french' city left, and had no option to liberate, I feared the french were cleared from the map for good. Happily two very romanesque named cities converted to french names after I conquered them, and allowed me to bring France back to life.

Wow took my i5-6600k and 16GB RAM like 5-10 minutes to load the ludicrous map. Hopefully my GTX 1070 will be able to handle late-game.

But I'm really looking forward to carving out the British Empire on this, I'm a fan of huge maps that allow massive empire-building that truly test logistics. I learnt in Civ 5 that fighting far-flung colonial wars against established opponents is *really* difficult before airlifting becomes available.

Well, soul died a bit last night. Terrible flu and my marathon game crashed on turn 760 or so.

Tried to restart 2 turns back and it didnt take. I might try again... maybe its because I spawned a naturalist, or settled a city on snow... I dunno. Hard to give up on it.

But I certainly cant bring myself to start over at this point... no point when the possibility for a late turn crash exists. Maybe the next patch will fix somehow?

Would there be a point to posting the last few saves? Anyone think they can work some magic?

Hey! Tried starting this map and couldn't for a while. This mod seems to not work with the Larger Maps mod which makes your computer freeze each time you select a map. Everything else is great! Thank you for the time and effort into making this!
9/10
Sorry to hear that you can't get them working. I have never had a crash with GEM, ludicrous size (230x115) in Windows.
It's very likely that you didn't follow all the instructions to get the largest maps working on your computer.

Has anyone got Ynaemp to work with the Linux release?
Ynaemp works very well for me under Windows, but I can't get it working under Linux.
i7-7700 CPU@4.20Ghz, 16Gb RAM, Nvidia GTX 1060 graphics.

Is there anywhere I should be putting mods, except the obvious
local/share/aspyr-media/Sid Meier's Civilization VI/Mods

There are some errors reported in the lua.log file, e.g.

Runtime Error: Error opening/reading C:\Emu\AppDataParent\Sid Meier's Civilization VI\Mods\Yet (not) Another Maps Pack\Override\assignstartingplots.lua.
stack traceback:
[C]: in function 'lInclude'
C:\Emu\AppDataParent\Sid Meier's Civilization VI\Mods\Yet (not) Another Maps Pack\Maps\GiantEarth\GiantEarth.lua:15: in function '(main chunk)'
[C]: in function '(anonymous)'
Lua callstack:
Runtime Error: Error loading C:\Emu\AppDataParent\Sid Meier's Civilization VI\Mods\Yet (not) Another Maps Pack\Maps\GiantEarth\GiantEarth.lua.
stack traceback:
[C]: in function '(anonymous)'

I can post a complete log file if that will help.

Ged, u didnt do anything that involves victory conditions, right? I have all the vc turned off.

I've brought up this issue before. How could I modify one of your maps, and use your rules with that modified map, when the map saves as a .Civ6Map? I was not able to find that answer on your thread about importing a Civ 5 map, or the one about launching the in-game World Builder.

Any chance you could look into/fix why this mod is incompatible with Chao's Quick UI? Both are as awsome as each other but I hate having to choose between them and Chao says he's not giong to fix it.

Any chance you could look into/fix why this mod is incompatible with Chao's Quick UI? Both are as awsome as each other but I hate having to choose between them and Chao says he's not giong to fix it.

Nothing is likely to happen until after the SDK is released.

I really enjoy playing on this map.

I have started 3 games on the Giant Earth Map with All of the Old World Civ's but I am getting Game crashes every game around the 90th - 120th turn.

Once the game crashes, every time I reload it crashes again at the same point.

I am not using any other MOD then what came with the YNAMP BETA 1 patch.

What could be causing this?

I really enjoy playing on this map.

I have started 3 games on the Giant Earth Map with All of the Old World Civ's but I am getting Game crashes every game around the 90th - 120th turn.

Once the game crashes, every time I reload it crashes again at the same point.

I am not using any other MOD then what came with the YNAMP BETA 1 patch.

What could be causing this?

It might be an incompatibility caused by choosing old world civs with GEM.
Does it crash if you use GEM and don't restrict the choice of civs?
Is your graphics card up to the task? Enough RAM? Windows Defender off?

It might be an incompatibility caused by choosing old world civs with GEM.
Does it crash if you use GEM and don't restrict the choice of civs?
Is your graphics card up to the task? Enough RAM? Windows Defender off?

I am sure my computer should be alright
16 GB RAM
Intel I-7
NVIDIA GTX970M

I did have Windows Defender ON so I will try shutting that off completely.

What did you mean by incompatibility by choosing old world CIVs?
I was just specifically selecting all the civ's myself in to the slots for players and excluding: America, Aztec's and Brazil

Top Bottom