YnAMP - Yet (not) Another Maps Pack

YnAMP - Development thread Civ6

I grabbed the new set of discrete beta 1 mods to isolate just the reduced barbs and enhanced movement elements.. After several trial and error games, with no other YNAMP mods engaged, the game runs with just the Reduced Barb mod. When I try a game with Reduced Barbs and Increased Movement, the game starts OK, but crashes to desktop within the first 10-15 turns. I don't notice any specific game event that triggers the crash. Instead my screen flickers and then a get the "Send Crash Report?" pop-up.

So something in the movement mod (but not the Less Barbs mod) conflicts with either the game or the other mods I've been running (Detailed Worlds, the MOAR Units mods, Barb XP increase, More Units to Start).

Update: Looks like the movement mod conflicts with the Detailed Worlds mod. When I drop Detailed Worlds, movement and barb reduction don't prompt crashes. Just FYI.

Beta one is always crashing for me when I try to create a game and have the YNAMP mod enabled (doesn't matter what map or number of players). Everything works OK using Alpha 14.

Is there a way to get a crash log over to you for review?

The patch has broken YnAMP (no civilization will spawn on the map, only barbarians), I'm going to fix it this WE, after that I hope we'll be able to track down the crashes some of you have experimented with beta 1.

You'll have to deactivate the mod until the fix.

Is this normal? I thought this happened because I was playing in Portuguese, but when i changed to English it stayed that way...

YnAMP - Yet (not) Another Maps Pack for Civ6  Page 71  CivFanatics Forums - Google Chrome.png

Having a weird problem. I have done all the correct steps for this mod to be working but everytime I create a game on the Giant Earth map it fails. What exactly happens, Ill load into the map and the turns will just start to automatically go without me being able to play. Im new to modding and civ. If this is a known issue or perhaps I'm just doing something incorrectly. Please help!

Having a weird problem. I have done all the correct steps for this mod to be working but everytime I create a game on the Giant Earth map it fails. What exactly happens, Ill load into the map and the turns will just start to automatically go without me being able to play. Im new to modding and civ. If this is a known issue or perhaps I'm just doing something incorrectly. Please help!

YnAEMP is currently broken by the latest patch. Gedemon will update as soon as he can.

Could you add back the huge earth map that was in the civ v mod? 128.80 size. I liked that, its not to big and not to small.

I can convert the map itself (and a few others now that it seems that the worldbuilder is not a part of the SDK) but I wont have any time left for setting the TSL on those maps, help to fill the XML files will be required.

okey thats good. yea i have been waiting for the worldbuilder so i could use the map. So i thought i would ask here now. I have tried your steps on getting the current worldbuilder in game to work with no luck, so i cant help with the TSL

Did the patch break all of the mods in this set or just the maps/TSL parts? Do the barbarian and movement mods still work?

Just the main mod AFAIK.

I got the builder to work now so i could find the TSL for the huge earth map when you add the map

The Huge Earth mod is in the attached zip, the XML to modify is Map.xml

There is also a hot-fix version of YnAMP included because you won't be able to launch the new map without it.

I'll update the whole mod during the Week End.

See the "How to" in first page to get the X, Y values.

Attachments

• YnAEMP test.7z
    366.4 KB · Views: 153
I've updated the version on GitHub with the fix for the Australian summer patch, let me know if it works, it's 4AM here and time to go to bed, if everything works I'll update tomorrow and add the mod on the workshop.

BTW if some of you don't want to be credited for your participation on the mod on steam (or if I forgot to credit you) send me a PM.

Sorry to ak again, but now the SDK is out any chance of sorting the compatibility with CQUI?
Nothing changed on that subject with the release of the tools, sorry.

I've updated the How to change the max number of players in a multiplayer game section in the first page, I think they had changed a few lines with the winter patch.

looking good so far for the giant earth map - testing further :p

btw, you missed Granada in the map.xml, just a little edit :)

I have been using YnAMP world maps since Civ V and they have been my most favorite games to play! I was really excited to see them for Civ VI and have been using the alpha maps. I updated to the Beta mod and started a new game as England. (quick disclaimer, I am NOT, by any means, at all, an expert or even a skilled modder. I am amateur at best. I simply try my hardest to follow the directions given and play the games) Everything was working fine until turn 108, year 200, when the game crashed. This had never happened before in any Alpha mod game I had played. I tried a few more times to play, every time it crashed at the same point. I extracted the beta file into the same exact location as the alphas, I have no other mods running, and as mentioned before, was able to play the alpha games to modern era with no issues at all.

I am attaching the final save before the crash to see if anyone can help, or if it might help others. Id rather not downgrade back to Alpha, and am somewhat certain this might be user error on my part. If anyone could help a fellow civ fan out, it would be most appreciated

Thank you for looking into this. I started another game with the beta version, and took your suggestions of turning off possible conflicting aspects of the mod. This time the game crashed on turn 156. I'm attaching the save right before the crash, and what I hope is the lua.log. Ive never loacted it before, but this was the only thing in the lua/logs file. It wont let me attach this file, so i will copy it into here:

EDIT: copying the log took up way to much space. What is the best way to share the lua.log?

Hope this helps, I will try one more game just to see.

Good news #1, those two crashes were not caused by the mod but by the game.
Good news #2, I know that because the Australian Summer Patch solved both.

New development rule for myself: I will only try to help on crash that happens when starting a new game, by default I'll consider mid-games crashes to be related to Civ6, and I won't be able to pinpoint the cause of them without the source code anyway, even if the map is the cause, not without loosing days of modding time as I have here.

Don't worry, it's absolutely not your fault, bug/crash reports are welcome, I just want to make clear what I can fix and what I can't fix, and why.

looking good so far for the giant earth map - testing further :p

btw, you missed Granada in the map.xml, just a little edit :)
IIRC Granada was left out to leave space from Spain, but that should be handled by the "Remove Close CS" submod

Now it's just a little edit if someone provide the X, Y.

And thanks, preparing updates :D

Top Bottom