1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

You and your friends

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Mr. Dictator, Jun 14, 2010.

1. Zack

Zack 99% hot gas

Watch An Inconvenient Truth, read the Constitution, play video games, etc.

2. Yoda Power

Yoda Power ✫✫✫✫✫✫✫

Chill, get drunk, get drunk while chillin'.

3. Zelig

Zelig Beep Boop

How do I make friends? :cry:

4. Narz

Narz keeping it real

I don't have many RL friends I hang with much anymore. Mostly hang with my woman & kid.

When I first started posting on this forum (when I lived in Queens, NY), I used to get drunk with my friends & wander around the city for hours. When I first moved into my apartment there we'd scour the streets for free furniture. Once we found a perfectly nice leather coach (with a couple of tares) & found a dumpster, put a tarp over it, put the couch on it & wheeled it home. We'd do stuff like that all the time.

When hanging around we'd play Mario Kart 64, watch old movies. Also my buddy had a video camera & a public access TV show so he'd make movies of our antics for the show.

When my buddy Chris was alive we'd play chess pretty much constantly, wherever, whenever, a pizza shop outside 6-flags in New Jersey, by the East River waterfront in Queens at 2AM. He's the reason I even play (didn't play before college). We also used to drink alot.

I miss having friends. Well, mostly just Chris, my other friends helped out a bit & cracked jokes & were fun in the evenings but they slept on the couch they helped me find & didn't chip in for rent & generally were moochers. I put up with them cause they were chill people but they were also going nowhere. Part of why I moved was to start afresh elsewhere (and for work). I didn't find enough work or any long-term peer groups but I don't yearn for my old life.

I do have a good friend now in South Jersey who owns a game store, we mostly playtest board games & drink (I don't drink much but have a few sips to be social). We also cook together cause it's fun & tasty. I don't hang with him much anymore cause we don't live together anymore.

5. Smellincoffee

Smellincoffee Trekkie At Large

On Sundays, I join a few friends to march into the woods. Most of us "spar", and afterwards we meditate. I usually go out stargazing with a couple of friends once a month or so.

There a couple of friends who I watch MST3K videos on Youtube with; they get roaring drunk and laugh entirely too loudly.

Online I just swap urls while talking..

6. Glassfan

Glassfan Mostly harmless

Me, VRWCagent, MobBoss and Ayn Rand get together on Saturday nights to plot the subversion of the Democratic Party, the humiliating downfall of President Obama, and eat pizza.

7. Dawgphood001

Dawgphood001 The Professional Poster

-Ride bikes
    -Play sports
    -Play video games
    -Party (drink, smoke, fool around with the wimmins etc.)
    -Go camping
    -Go to concerts/music festivals
    -Watch movies
    -Play Apples to Apples (one of the all-time best "board games")
    -Play Settlers of Catan
    -Go on long roadtrips

The options are endless. :D

8. Civfan333

Civfan333 full metal alchemist

ehhhhhhhhhhhh
    -party -cruise around ala moana -go beach -go movies -party -cruise around honolulu all night -party -cruise around waikiki all night -mess with stupid tourists -go beach - bomb some hills on longboard -annnnn party again :D

9. Luckymoose

Luckymoose The World is Mine

Smoke weed, drink, sleep with them, etc.

10. amadeus

amadeus Bring back the Civ2 theme!

Sleep with them = sex? Where and how do you make such friends?

11. SchoolzSoKewl

SchoolzSoKewl Yeah!

We act out really dramatic monologues wherever we happen to be, like from the last scene of Brief Encounter to give you an idea.
    Besides that just the movies, each other's houses, fast food places, the park, soccer, football.
    Sadly I have no friends who play video games. Besides Call of Duty or Halo.
    Oh and a lot of my friends will smoke weed or take pills and all sorts of other awesome stuff to get "shwasted" (the greatest sounding word ever), and I'll tag along but I never join in on the craziness. Too crazy for me.
    My best friend and I also obsess over a few cookie cutter perfect Christian kids at our school, because we love them for being so perfect and cliche. The conversation never gets old.
    Ugh what I wouldn't give to have been raised conservative and Christian!

12. DaemonDD

DaemonDD It's a snekcess!

Usually discussing with them. But if I can force it upon them, we'll be playing video-games. :p

13. Zardnaar

Zardnaar Deity

Female friends can rock. University is full of them.