You do not have enough gold to buy this

jtravers88

Chieftain
Initially, in my first city, I was able to invest in one construction project. Now, with two cities, and enough gold, all the buildings I can build have the ability to invest greyed out, with the hover text "You do not have enough gold to buy this".

Would be nice to have a better hover text describing why I can't invest in say, a shrine, when I do have enough gold compared to the amount shown as required for the investment.

Any help?

I just figured it out. It shows my deficit gold amount. Not how much it costs to buy/invest.

Been awhile since I played. Sorry. And thanks for getting me to take a closer look.

I just figured it out. It shows my deficit gold amount. Not how much it costs to buy/invest.

Been awhile since I played. Sorry. And thanks for getting me to take a closer look.

Yeah a few threads/posts pop up about this now and again. It isn't immediately intuitive but once you get use to it, being able to see how much gold you are short from buying something is helpful.

I just had this very problem myself. At first I thought there was a compatibility issue in my mods lol.

Found a fix though for those of us who prefer to see the purchase cost rather than how much we miss to be able to purchase.

Go to [instalation directory]\Assets\DLC\UI_bc1\CityView
Open file CityView.lua
Go to line 1073:
Code:
            instance.GoldButton:SetText( (cash>=goldCost and goldCost or "[COLOR_WARNING_TEXT]"..(goldCost-cash).."[ENDCOLOR]") .. g_currencyIcon )
and change to:
Code:
            instance.GoldButton:SetText( (cash>=goldCost and goldCost or "[COLOR_WARNING_TEXT]"..(goldCost).."[ENDCOLOR]") .. g_currencyIcon )

You are also noticing a weird thing where the more cities you have, the more things cost. IDK exactly what the formula is but I do know on standard it costs 70 to invest in a shrine when you have only 1 city, but it usually costs 80 when you have two.

I usually just calculated it on my mind for the total cost. I prefer to change it total cost rather than deficit cost, since it will be more neat to see total cost from top to bottom building list, rather than half list showing total cost which you can afford, and half deficit cost.

I just had this very problem myself. At first I thought there was a compatibility issue in my mods lol.

Found a fix though for those of us who prefer to see the purchase cost rather than how much we miss to be able to purchase.

Go to [instalation directory]\Assets\DLC\UI_bc1\CityView
Open file CityView.lua
Go to line 1073:
Code:
            instance.GoldButton:SetText( (cash>=goldCost and goldCost or "[COLOR_WARNING_TEXT]"..(goldCost-cash).."[ENDCOLOR]") .. g_currencyIcon )
and change to:
Code:
            instance.GoldButton:SetText( (cash>=goldCost and goldCost or "[COLOR_WARNING_TEXT]"..(goldCost).."[ENDCOLOR]") .. g_currencyIcon )

Additionally, if you want the cost to buy a plot to be displayed as cost rather than deficit, in the same file at line 1492 edit:
Code:
                            txt = "[COLOR_WARNING_TEXT]"..(plotCost-cash).."[ENDCOLOR]"
and change to:
Code:
                            txt = "[COLOR_WARNING_TEXT]"..(plotCost).."[ENDCOLOR]"

Top Bottom