You have a time machine! Where to?

Originally posted by Jeratain
Why would you do this? I'm curious to hear your reasoning.

They are very anti-christian. Support drugs and abortion. And if I stopped them, would greatly hinder the "peace, dude" junk.

I too am also curious as to why a 12 year old future preacher wants to end the hippie movement before it started. Here was a bunch of adults who looked biblical running around acting 12. what was wrong with that?

Besides some great strides in free speech were made during that time , and some of the best music of the 20th century!!!

I would love to take the knowledge I have now about the fairer sex and go back to college in the 80's again!

Or just go back in time and travel with Lewis and Clark

Originally posted by puglover
They are very anti-christian. Support drugs and abortion. And if I stopped them, would greatly hinder the "peace, dude" junk.
I'll take it easy on you. I will simply say this: You need to read more about why and how the hippie movement started, what it really stood for, the effects, and where many of those "hippies" are today and what they have done for society. You'd be surprised.

Sure there's the everyday cliche of the homeless dirty drug user, and then there's others. There's always more than one side to every story.

You are a kind man, Jeratain. I was going to get all sarcastic too, but thought better of it.

i'd go back to when JFK died to see who did it and/or prevent it.

No need. It was me that killed him. Ten years from now, I will have had gone back in time and killed him, and came back to the present time to watch everyone invent theories of magic bullets, multiple gunmen, and vegetables.

but i already came back in time to avert the on-goings of this thread so the things u really wanted to do aren't said. MUHAHAHHAHAHAH

Semptember 11nth 2001: threaten a bomb attack on the World Trade Towers and Pentagon(an to make it convincing(as the threat is fake) I will put a bomb(not activated) in there semptember 10nth) this will save 2000 lives.

July, 1945, Arizona. get to see a Atom bomb go off :D

Golgotha, 33 A.D., the Crucifixion of Jesus Christ. I would like to join Joseph of Arimathea and Nicodemus in taking Jesus' body to the tomb and being his friend when all others deserted him out of fear.

I'd check out Jesus life. I'd also go back to some time in the past where they could understand me and just show off with all the knowledge I have from today. Then I'd go back before they kill me for not believing in God.:)

Of course, I'd also like to go back to my teenage years and take advantage of all those opportunities I never realised I was being offered. Doh. ;)

I'd go back in time and kill Stalin and then assume command of a true communist utopia.

Originally posted by Zcylen
to the 50's of course.
go to the drive ins in my super harley and wear a black coat :goodjob:

I second that. The 50s looked cool (at least in the movies ;) )

or maybe the 70s to get all this great music ...

Into the future, and bring back the cures for cancer, AIDS, malaria, SARS and various other diseases.

Alternatively, go back to ancient Egypt to pick up Cleopatra, kick some Roman ass with gunpowder, and establish myself as Pharao.

nihilistic wrote:
Wow, when you started the thread I thought you would want to go to 0 AD.

There is no such thing as 0 AD. It started with 1 AD. Of course, you'd know that, if you studied your Bible timeline. ;)

But anyway, I'd go back and meet Jesus when he was my age, in his mid-20s. Before he started. We'd just hang out, and I'd try my hand at carpentry. Stay for dinner with the folks, Mary & Joseph. But yeah, me and Jesus would just hang out. I'd know who he was, even though no one else (save his parents) knew yet. That would be somethin'. Hey, maybe I'd stick around, and become the first disciple... hmmm, yes... and have my own Gospel in the Bible! I'd put in a subliminal message, a warning, about Sept. 11th, 2001.

But, things happen (and don't happen) for a reason, but it's fun to imagine... :)

I'd go to pre-WW2 Germany, And using my knowledge of the future and technoogy,
I'd convince the 3rd Reich Leaders that I am the reincaranation of King Frederik Barbarossa.
I would then persaude Hitler to retire (with a luger) and prevent WW2 and the holocaust.

I instead would make Germany into a super-armed mercantile power in Europe.

Curt, it sounds like you would just e setting yourself up to be the NEXT Hitler (without the crazy anti-semitism, of course). Power corrupts - there's no way I'd want to be at the helm of a ship like Germany in that time frame, that was hungry for revenge - "forging the club of blood and iron". War was inevitable. Especially with the Nazis in charge. It was just a matter of time. I'll say it again - power corrupts. I don't want it, thanks.

Top Bottom