you have been defeated

davbenbak

Lackey
Has anyone suffered the "you have been defeated" error on the first turn of a mod? I'm thinking it is some kind of conflict between the World Builder File and the xml files. Any help would be appreciated because it's pretty mcuh keeping me from posting my mod!

My best guess would be that you are starting with no settlers, or units altogether and therfore you lose, no city, no chance at getting a city. Other than that I wouldn't know. I've never seen this happen. Maybe post a copy of you mod as it is here, and I'll take a look at it and see if the error is duplicated when I run it, GL

I'm having the same issue, 16 years later. And yes, I have settlers and warriors. And yes, I think it's an xml/wb conflict of some kind.

I fixed it. I had set one of my civs as Peru. There's a Peru in the civinfos xml thingy, so I'd used that as a reference... but there wasn't a Peru in the starting menu when I tried to play a regular game. So, I changed that civ to Mapuche, and the scenario loaded.

Side note, shouldn't there be a Peru in the Mega Civ Pack? I know I've played with them before. So, where'd they go? I suppose I could just change the flag and city names for Mapuche, but that would just be a duct-tape solution.

Top Bottom