You have included too many images in your signature or in your previous pos

10 smilies in one post is the maximum at CFC, so problem solved ?

Information I received from Gonzo. AFAIK it isn't mentioned somewhere. Quite frustrating if one tries to post a message with 30 smilies (I tried that once).

I saw a few people with lots of smilies in their signature. They must have gotten lots of those error messages. :p

Originally posted by ainwood
...... Does that mean that you get the error message, but it still lets you include them in your message anyway :confused:
No, you'll need to edit the post first or the forum won't let you post the message.

hmm... could be used as a cruel and unusual mod-inflicted punishment: just edit someone's sig and stick 11+ smileys in it :D

Only the admin, TF, can access that function.

Originally posted by Eklektikos
hmm... could be used as a cruel and unusual mod-inflicted punishment: just edit someone's sig and stick 11+ smileys in it :D
It wouldn't work, because posters can choose to not include signature in their posts. :( :D

Originally posted by Black Fluffy Lion

yep, trust vBull to be annoying like that :rolleyes:

No, that's YOUR problem because you want to put 60 smilies in a message. :p :lol:

by Spycatcher34:
Well it slows downa a page with 100's of smilies everywhere.
Spycatcher is right, but many do not realize the overhead that is involved in in processing hundreds of images, even small ones. You can make certain settings changes in your browser to speed things up, or use 3rd party programs to cache things more, but even that can lead to problems, like some have posted in other threads. Lower bandwidth is affected more, mainly because of the lower number of simultaneous default TCP/IP connections being processed in parallel.

The best think to do is just control the number of images by not having them replicating in sig blocks. :D

At one of those "other" sites, people not exactly foreign to CFC have been putting together some smily art - some is quite good!

(See here).

Interestingly, someone in the thread pointed out that
Originally posted by omichyron:
It isn't bad on dialup. When one smiley of one type loads, they all load....

This seems to make sense - if the smily is cached, then the absolute number of smilies shouldn't make a lot of difference.

The smilies certainly slow the forum down. Some of the animated ones are pretty big in size. A few of them probably are more than 10 KB.

I've seen one with some loooooooooooooooooooooong animated smilies that really slowed the board down. :)

Top Bottom