""you have not posted in several weeks"

Armed_Maniac

Soldati
I get this message:
Hello Armed_Maniac it appears that you have not posted on our forums in several weeks, why not take a few moments to ask a question, help provide a solution or just engage in a conversation with another member in any one of our forums?

Am I gonna get banned if I don't post...

Armed_Maniac said:
I get this message:

Am I gonna get banned if I don't post...

There was a thread on this a while ago. But TF set it so if you haven't posted in a while a message gets sent to you to encourge you to post. And no you won't get banned

I bet TF gets a penny for each post that is posted at CFC :D

And congrats to Armed Maniac on the one of the most descriptive thread titles ;) - courtesy of a poster with inborn hatred against non-descriptive thread titles

:p

No, you won't get ban. :)

While that kind of message could get a little annoying, it does get more people to become active again and get more first time posters to make a post. ;)

BTW that message only appears when you haven't posted in 60 days.
aaglo said:
:p
:lol:

I've changed the thread title a bit to make it more descriptive.

aaglo said:

If that's so why do the mods discourage spamming? :lol:

I don't recall ever getting this email either, though it could just as easily fallen into my junk mail folder, to be lost forever.

POST OR THOU SHALL BE COMDEMNED!!!

I've never had that email but even in the last few months of last year where i rarely posted I still tended to do a post every few days

it's not an e-mail: it occurs at the top of the page IIRC (like the thing encouraging you to register when you log off)

I'll dig up the old thread no luck :(

ybbor said:
it's not an e-mail: it occurs at the top of the page IIRC (like the thing encouraging you to register when you log off)

I'll dig up the old thread no luck :(
Here is the thread that you are looking for. :D CivFanatics condones spamming!

I got that message a few days ago.

It was annoying and in no way affected my desire to post.

Then I got over it.

And yes, people do get permanently banned.

Methos said:
Has there ever been anyone who was permanently banned?

Lots. Most of them because they joined just to advertise. A few who've gone above and beyone upsetting the mods. I'm not talking just being annoying, but multiple bans, lots of warnings, and failure to change thier posting habits.

Oh, and we tend to permban d/ls as well.

Thunderfall said:
While that kind of message could get a little annoying, it does get more people to become active again and get more first time posters to make a post. ;)

BTW that message only appears when you haven't posted in 60 days.
I love it. Direct response marketing with a defined purpose that fits the mission and can be measured. :hatsoff:

I haven't gotten it though. ;)

My NES games would go to hell pretty quickly and that would be a shame.

Just create a DL, Birdjag and make a couple innocous posts in the Civ 4 forums, noone will notice... :mischief:

And use a computer at a mall or something so they can't tell it's you you via IP!

And make sure you don't post poetry!

Turner said:
One must be willing to make certain sacrifices...;)

Turner mounts the temple high,
The priests atop touch the sky;
Stretched on the alter, arms and legs wide
Turner is sliced from side to side,
With a tug and a cut
His heart from the gut
Is torn and dripping blood, red
And for another day the god is well fed.

I guess you do. :D

Top Bottom