1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

You have ruined my life

Discussion in 'Community Patch Project' started by sundeviljj, Apr 4, 2018.

1. ashendashin

ashendashin King

Before VP I could only manage to play civ with a buddy of mine as it made for a decent casual game to go through the turns. I distinctly remember a case where, after nuking my friend to oblivion, I decided to go for a full domination victory to see the replay. Attila had heaps and heaps of warriors. Nothing but ancient units after I just finished nuking someone. Can't tell you how happy I was when I found out modpacks exist and how the AI was doing better than us on King for our first VP(CBP for the time I guess) game.
    Feels like so long ago now.

Owlbebach, vyyt and LukaSlovenia29 like this.
  2. sundeviljj

sundeviljj Chieftain

Wow, thanks for all the responses. My wife is still with me. I really thank you for helping me understand unhappiness. It is so much more than building a few things that normally solved problems. I see it now in the game.

3. Gazebo

Gazebo Lord of the Community Patch Supporter

Most important of all, get your wife hooked enjoy yourself and come back if you have more questions.

G

Emufarmers likes this.
  4. Aristos

Aristos Lightseeker

I tried this to oblivion. Didn't work.

What did work is the "phantom menace" (pun intended) of ANY other form of entertainment containing the potential risk of something worse.. say going to a Sports bar (ladies there), to a pub (ladies there), to a club (ladies there)... you get the drift. :D

Now she is happy seeing me civving safely at home, away from dangerous distractions... hehe.

glider1, vyyt and LukaSlovenia29 like this.
  5. Aristos

Aristos Lightseeker

If you qualify the civ5 vanilla code as spaghetti, wait till you see the civ 6 code (if we ever see it...)... judging from its behavior (or complete lack thereof), that one probably is closer to a macaroni and cheese mess including some expired ketchup...

6. Gazebo

Gazebo Lord of the Community Patch Supporter

I mean, I have QA slip-ups from time to time...but I also don't have a dedicated QA staff (y'all are nice, but you're not my subordinates...). The fact that they misspelled YIELD and that broke...well...everything is so bad. Why isn't the database validated?

G

LukaSlovenia29 likes this.
  7. ashendashin

ashendashin King

Go ask someone in the Civ6 general discussion forum.
    They'll come up with every possible excuse that doesn't directly answer the problem until you bring up indisputable facts, which they'll then claim are too strong and dismiss all points until you dilute your argument to the point it holds little meaning. What little meaning is left is then practically waved off as "Firaxis has to consider their business first".

8. Aristos

Aristos Lightseeker

I know, I was there... but the "business first" argument is a strong one, that's why I blame the general audience (or its quality)... sure, there are exceptions in that audience, but exceptions the rule do not make.

9. SLGray

SLGray King

I watched a video on Youtube that discussed game 1 through 6. You will see that in each game that the AI was not great.