[RD] You have the opportunity to design your Dream Game!

yung.carl.jung

Hey Bird! I'm Morose & Lugubrious
Dear CivFanatics,

A few months ago I made a thread asking what your dream RPG would look like, and it received hundreds of enthusiastic answers.

Now I've decided to really do it, and I am asking you for help and creative input. Anything, be it a spell, a talent, a playstyle, a boss encounter, a certain mechanic, a rare item, you have ever wanted to see in a game, I could implement for you. Here is a list of what I currently need ideas for/help with:
Spoiler :

*Classes: If you have an idea for a playstyle or a class
*Spells: Unique Spells, Bread and Butter abilities, buyable Spells
*Perks: Passive buffs to certain playstyles, the so called "avatars"
*Enemies: Boss encounters, different fighting styles, different types of enemies, ideas for weak enemies, ideas for enemies that are summoned by more powerful enemies (think for example a spider hatching babies while in combat, which you then have to deal with)
*Encounters: A spider broodmother surrounded by spider casters, warriors, and babies, for example. (Please keep in mind I will be using models from the Skyrim base game, so there will be no 120ft high Magma Demons)
*Items: Armor, Weapons, Trinkets, raw Materials, Recipes for legendary Items
*Anything else you want implemented in an RPG style game

before you request something or share an idea, please check if it is already in the Skyrim base game, or in the Skyrim Redone mod! Here is an overview of everything SkyRe does: https://www.scribd.com/doc/166531304/skyre-guide-pdf

I will give a short explanation of my project and what I set out to do: I am modding Skyrim, the original version, via the Creation Kit and scripts, but I am mostly relying on already pre existing mods, which I plan to merge and then fine tune. It will be a complete overhaul that leaves the aesthetics and game world mostly intact, and instead focusses on purely the gameplay, not cosmetics. What I set out to do:

1. Create a rewarding gaming experience. I will do this via making the game harder or fairer where it counts.

1.1 I will be changing the loot system so that you will have very powerful, completely unique items, not random enchantments, with very low drop chances, that can be acquired even from weak opponents. This in turn means that "grinding" is never senseless and can always produce a treasure you didn't even know existed. High quality loot will also no longer be outdated with level ups, as it will often be specific for a situation, like giving you resistance against a certain enemy, giving you non-combat buffs, or simply due to being very powerful. A pair of legendary frost-resistance boots you find at the beginning of the game might become useful once more in the later stages while fighting giants, since it will still be stronger than randomly enchanted loot!

1.2 I completely changed the leveling system of the game. Now you receive experience for killing enemies or friends, discovering new places, reading books, clearing dungeons, and other activities. Powerleveling through permacasting spells, which was necessary for fast leveling in the base game, is completely out.

1.3 I will be introducing rare enemies, boss encounters, which have somewhat fixed locations, but respawn, and are surrounded by less powerful enemies. These will be very challenging and have a unique fighting style, partially scale off of the players level, so there will never be a point where they're easy to beat. This was one of my major disappointments with Skyrim, where any boring Stealth Archer archetype could 1-shot Giants, some of the most powerful enemies, with ease. Combat will also be more strategical, you will often be forced to fight multiple enemies at once and employ Crowd-Control on others to keep them at bay, defensive abilities, AoE abilities, your followers, of whom you will have more than one, your summoned creatures, shouts and more, to even have a chance to win.

1.4 Your character's strength is wholly dependant on his level and the amount of quality items he has. So leveling up in and of itself feels rewarding, contrary to the base game, where it sometimes made the game harder if you did. Many enemies in the game will be of a fixed level, so they are impossible to beat at low level, hard to beat at mid level, and easy to beat in the endgame, however rare enemies will always be around to be a challenge for your charater. Just killing monsters and leveling up in and of itself should feel rewarding.

1.5 Your character grows as you play. Not as you permacast ward spells. Reading books will give you unique skill-ups or spells and abilities you could otherwise never find. Everywhere in the game you will randomly find "Goblin Statues". These tricky encounters are text-based and leave you with a choice. You either get a perk point, or you increase a skill, or an attribute. The crux is that the skill or attribute may not be the one you want to improve, so you're faced with the decision of choosing between getting a significant boost in a non-significant attribute (consider that, e.g. Warrior classes still have to use mana to some degree), or a non-significant boost in an important attribute. This way your character will be shaped by all the encounters he goes through, and every replay of the game will be wholly unique.

2. Make choices meaningful. This is achieved by introducing a completely new perk system. Every one of the 18 existing perk trees now represents a class with a unique playstyle. Every perk point investment represents a comitment. However, perk trees are not exclusive, so you theoretically have a chance of creating one of 306 different hybrid classes. Every playstyle is viable and has a way of doing damage, contrary to the base game where more than half of the skill trees were not only irrelevant for combat, but really utterly useless.

2.1 All perk trees now feature skills, one of them being your Bread and Butter skill, a gameplay defining spell, ability or shout that you will alter throughout your gameplay. It was a shame that mages only really had one or two viable playstyles, and that melee type characters never had to use any spells or abilities besides shouts, that will be forever changed. Also, the abilities you get from your perk trees, which I will call unique abilities from now on, are almost always more mana-friendly and deal slightly more damage than spells you can buy from vendors. Spells from vendors cost way, way more gold. This way you will never have a jack of all trades character, no Battlehammer wielding, Fireball throwing demigod.

2.2 Perk trees are completely cut off from ability level and abilities. For example, the Warlock class (formerly Conuration tree) uses Destruction Magic, Conjuration Magic and Illusion Magic, and you no longer need to have a certain skill level before you can access perks, your new limiting factor will be perk points, granted by level ups, just like in the base game. The idea behind this is to make levelups more rewarding. They will also be more common.

2.3 Perk trees don't have perks that are clearly superior to others, they now allow you to specialize. Most perk trees will allow/force you to choose between one of two specializatios that play out differently. You have to make meaningful decisions between, say, having better singletarget, or better AoE damage, between having more utility, or being more combat oriented, between surviveability and mobility, and so forth. E.g.: Necro Warlocks have high single target damage, decent Crowd Control effects and low surviveability. Hellfire warlock have high AoE damage, decent mobility and surviveability.

2.4 Mastery will lead you through your respective perk tree. Mastery perks are passive buffs to your playstyle, like % modifiers for example, that you will dump a lot of points into. Mastery limits which perks you can access and which you cannot, with the most powerful of perks coming later in the tree. Perk trees will be linear and mastery will be the middle, while the perks on the left and the right will often be specific or even exclusive.

2.5 All perk trees end with a trinity. The trinity tops off every perk tree and is different for every class. It consists of one perk that gives you a recipe, which will allow you to craft a legendary item, after farming the necessary materials. They also feature a passive steroid, an ability that is active at all times and improves your combat. Finally, there will be one greater power at the end of every tree, which is usable only once per day and transforms your character into an avatar. You will be forced, in every dungeon or fight, to use this strategically, seeing as you cannot rest in dungeons, hence you will only get to use it once. This incentivices players to finish one perk tree and then start another, instead of investing into 10 different ones and getting only the best skills.

3. Make combat versatiles, challenging, and skill-based. Most changes in here were not done by me at all, but just copied from pre-existing mods.

3.1 Warriors really have to watch their Stamina and Health, otherwise they risk doing almost no damage. Mana is also used as a ressource for Abilities, which now can be used while wielding a weapon or while blocking, allowing for completely new, never before seen playstyles that combine hack 'n slay with careful ability management.

3.2 Timed blocks are introduced, meaning fast reflexes are rewarded and constant blocking is a lot less effective, making combat more fast paced.

3.2 Mages cannot spam spells anymore and often have to Crowd Control or Slow enemies to let mana recover, or use specific perks to help with Mana regen in Combat.

3.3 Mages and other classes are very squishy, meaning you constantly have to keep multiple enemies away, and also keep them in your head, via new abilities like AoE freezes, fears, disorients, blinds and so on. Mentally managing multiple targets will be essential.

3.4 Assasins are a new kind of playstyle that wasn't very prominent in Skyrim. They are mobility based melees that die very fast, but also dish out insane damage. Unlike the stealth archetype these keep themselves alive via dodging intelligenty, going invisible for very short amounts of time and reappearing, teleporting themselves away, and confusing opponents.

These are just general guidelines, there is more to come in the future. Most of my work is built on the Skyrim Redone (SkyRe) mod, whose perk trees I will change completely. It lays a very solid foundation and honestly implements literally hundreds of changes I thought up myself, but don't have the ability to code into the game. It makes the perfect basis for my mod.

Most of the 18 classes are already outlined. They are:

Spoiler :

MAGE

1 Wizard (Destruction)

2 Arcanologist (Illusion)

3 Warlock (Conjuration)

4 Spellblade (Alteration)

5 Priest (Restoration)

WARRIOR

6 Berserker (Onehanded)

7 Barbarian (Twohanded)

8 Tank (Block)

9 Paladin (Heavyarmor)

ROGUE

10 Assassin (Sneak)

11 Rogue (Lightarmor)

12 Thief (Pickpocket)

13 Hunter (Archery)

14 Druid (Lockpicking)

CRAFTSMAN

15 Shaman (Alchemy)

16 Diplomat/Bard (Speech)

17 Blacksmith (Smithing)

18 Sage (Enchanting)

Please do not hesitate to give me feedback on my ideas! If you dislike a class, a gameplay change, or anything else, share that with me, and give me a good reason! If you think a class or existing mechanic should be altered, please also tell me. These are just ideas at the moment, they are not set in stone at all.

Right now my priority is to
1) finish theorycrafting
2) map out all the classes
3) map out all the perk trees
4) think up all the new unique items
5) come up with cool enemy encounters
6) integrate all that into the game via the creation kit
7) playtest the game and adjust difficulty and balancing
8) debug and check for errors
9) release the mod as a beta version for everyone to playtest

Currently I am looking at about one or two years of work. I have help from some friends, but will be doing most things alone. Just a friendly reminder: T3ndo, the guy who made SkyRe and literally dozens of other insanely great mods, did it all by himself, in his spare time, and he needed less than a year (iirc) for most of his mods, so that is great motivation for me. Especially since what I am attempting needs 0 Papyrus coding and only uses the basic functions of the KC, as opposed to T3ndos mods. Let's do that, together!

I have already made some progress. I have completely and finally already implemented the new EXP system, and it is working smoothly. We are currently playtesting it and it's so, so much more fun that the original Skyrim!

I want to be able to tame monsters and wander around exploring with them at my side.

Within reasonable limits, though. In Skyrim itself, I had a mod that allowed me to use Dead Thrall on animals. I used it on a mammoth corpse, and dragged it into Whiterun. Not my best idea.

I've never been interested in gameplay mods for Elder Scrolls, and as a result I don't have useful feedback on this project, but I'll volunteer my services as an editor/proofreader for all the text you're adding if that's something you'd want.

I want to be able to tame monsters and wander around exploring with them at my side.

Within reasonable limits, though. In Skyrim itself, I had a mod that allowed me to use Dead Thrall on animals. I used it on a mammoth corpse, and dragged it into Whiterun. Not my best idea.

this is definitely going to be part of the game. it is already somewhat part of SkyRe (not in the way I want) and will likely be either implemented into the druid (a melee/mage hybrid) or into the hunter (a range weapon/mage hybrid) playstyle. which do you think it would fit best?

hunter has already got many things going for it: traps, long or shortbow or crossbow specialization, tracking down animals, disengaging from combat, for druid I don't have many ideas (besides the one I am going to steal from blizzard games of course!)

I've never been interested in gameplay mods for Elder Scrolls, and as a result I don't have useful feedback on this project, but I'll volunteer my services as an editor/proofreader for all the text you're adding if that's something you'd want.

thank you, I will definitely be needing that at some point.

I forget which game it was and it was mostly mediocre but one good idea it had was for artifacts whose powers you only gradually discovered.
It might be through study or behaving in a particular way or in one case for valuing the item for itself rather than its power but you didn't get everything straight away.

I'd like to see long use of the same melee weapon grant an increase in skill and damage using that weapon. That is, familiarity and practice improve ones capabilities over and above other benfit improvements.. That also implies that changing weapons will start a new learning curve.

this is definitely going to be part of the game. it is already somewhat part of SkyRe (not in the way I want) and will likely be either implemented into the druid (a melee/mage hybrid) or into the hunter (a range weapon/mage hybrid) playstyle. which do you think it would fit best?

hunter has already got many things going for it: traps, long or shortbow or crossbow specialization, tracking down animals, disengaging from combat, for druid I don't have many ideas (besides the one I am going to steal from blizzard games of course!)

I'd go with druid.

Now I've decided to really do it, and I am asking you for help and creative input. Anything, be it a spell, a talent, a playstyle, a boss encounter, a certain mechanic, a rare item, you have ever wanted to see in a game, I could implement for you. Here is a list of what I currently need ideas for/help with:

wow ! :)

:)
Texts are real good component of enjoying such games.
I allowed (or better... encouraged) my two daughters at already very young age to play RPG's and their excited feedback during playing the game was as much, if not more, on funny, witty, pointed, etc texts than on difficult fights won, or having achieved some rare item.
In branching situations that converge later on proofreading also important. It's difficult to keep each track consistent.

In general:
some thoughts for now

Finding rare unique items just from being lucky, or doing a lot "happy go lucky" wandering around also a nice idea, grinding here and there for flowers etc.

It is also nice to be able to personalise your weapon with changing it... like for example for your sword the pommel, hilt, guard of the blade.
Say you find a powerfull sword at lower level and you just very much like the pommel.
And some levels higher you find a much better sword, but you would like your beautifull pommel on it.
=> having characteristics attached to the blade, and keep pommel, hilt, guard free exchangable.

I would also add Easter Eggs.
Is great fun when you recognise them. Also great to have younger generations involved with another reference.

Well... music is ofc important. In Movies they are 80% of your feel. Music so good in connecting to your deeper emotions. In playing your deeper emotions.
One of my favorite musics is from Baldurs Gate when just wandering around (no monsters).
Having for fighting meaningless pets also nice. The rodent of Minsc.

Bought BTW for my daughters when they were kids Drakensang in German texts for them to help them learning German in a more playfull way than at school.
being able to swap language is really great.

I'm curious about what's going to happen with smithing/enchanting. Will all classes be able to craft stuff and the Blacksmith and Sage classes just get bonuses? Or will only Blacksmiths and Sages be able to smith/enchant anything?

thank you all so much for your suggestions :)

I forget which game it was and it was mostly mediocre but one good idea it had was for artifacts whose powers you only gradually discovered.
It might be through study or behaving in a particular way or in one case for valuing the item for itself rather than its power but you didn't get everything straight away.

that is absolute ingenious and goes very well with the idea that rare items never lose their power, even if you find them early in the game. there are multiple ways to incorporate this, but what I was thinking of is making this a unique trait of the Sage (formely enchanting skill tree) - he can use baseline legendary weapons/armor and then apply more powerful enchantments. that would set the class off and make it special, which I really need because I have no idea how to make the enchanting craft more interesting!

I'd like to see long use of the same melee weapon grant an increase in skill and damage using that weapon. That is, familiarity and practice improve ones capabilities over and above other benfit improvements.. That also implies that changing weapons will start a new learning curve.

this is actually already in the game as is! for example, if you start your playthrough with sword & shield and then switch to a twohanded axe, you will be doing way, way less damage.

however, this ain't enough. I'll have some specific boni for specific weapon types in the perk/class trees as well! (they're already there with SkyRe, but I dislike how cluttered it is).

example: if you level the assassin tree you will have two or three bonus perks for either Daggers or Shortswords. to be the most effective you would have to pick one specialization (logically, because otherwise you would be wasting points, investing into perks for shortswords while wielding daggers does nothing).

this is exactly the type of meaningful decisionmaking that I wanted to implement.

I'd go with druid.

me, too. it makes little sense to me that hunters (who primarily kill wildlife) would then also get to tame wildlife. druid is the "naturalist" spec and has the ability to remove hostile status for all animals, meaning they will never attack you and you can live in perfect harmony. Bandits or monsters will still attack you on sight though.

wow ! :)

Finding rare unique items just from being lucky, or doing a lot "happy go lucky" wandering around also a nice idea, grinding here and there for flowers etc.

It is also nice to be able to personalise your weapon with changing it... like for example for your sword the pommel, hilt, guard of the blade.
Say you find a powerfull sword at lower level and you just very much like the pommel.
And some levels higher you find a much better sword, but you would like your beautifull pommel on it.
=> having characteristics attached to the blade, and keep pommel, hilt, guard free exchangable.

I would also add Easter Eggs.
Is great fun when you recognise them. Also great to have younger generations involved with another reference.

Well... music is ofc important. In Movies they are 80% of your feel. Music so good in connecting to your deeper emotions. In playing your deeper emotions.
One of my favorite musics is from Baldurs Gate when just wandering around (no monsters).
Having for fighting meaningless pets also nice. The rodent of Minsc.

Bought BTW for my daughters when they were kids Drakensang in German texts for them to help them learning German in a more playfull way than at school.
being able to swap language is really great.

personalizing your weapon will be a thing in 4 different aspects:
1) you can craft your own weapons (already in the game, however I will add some unique ones, the current ones are pretty boring)
2) you can sharpen/hone these weapons for maximum efficiency (already in the game)
3) you can enchant the weapons with magic effect (already in the game, this I will change via perks)
4) you can apply poisons or magical enhancements to your weapon strikes (this I will modify somewhat)

easter eggs are always a pleasure. that's what the goblin statues are for. I will feed them literary quotes (mostly from the divine comedy and other medieval texts). but really, doing my own content: dungeons, castles, caves, bandit camps etc. is something I want to do after I have completed the gameplay overhaul, since I think gameplay is paramount and also gameplay is what Skyrim was lacking in. content can wait.

musically (this is also for later!) I wanted to do a crossover between Burzum's Daudi Baldrs and dark ambient like Lustmord..

meaningless pets are the kind of cosmetic stuff I am not worrying about yet, but those would be very, very easy to implement, since many people have done that kinda work for me already. most Skyrim mods are cosmetic, actually.

you sound like a great dad to have and I'm sure your daughters are happy :) my dad himself never liked videogames and was always sceptical, but always got me the best ones regardless, without me asking.. Diablo, Planescape Torment, he had impeccable taste without ever touching a game..

oh, also wrt what you said about text in RPGs, I had actually pondered some time about removing speech completely from dialogues in Skyrim and replacing it with text, since I prefer that by a long stretch, but that would be too much tedious work.

if I ever make more content I will think about whether or not it'll be voiced!

Last edited:
Perhaps the tameable animals could also have more effects than just assisting in battle. For instance, spiders could give you capsules of venom or wolves might help you find items hidden around.

I'm curious about what's going to happen with smithing/enchanting. Will all classes be able to craft stuff and the Blacksmith and Sage classes just get bonuses? Or will only Blacksmiths and Sages be able to smith/enchant anything?

my motto was to give every class a wholly unique playstyle.

so for Sage I was thinking the following:

has boni towards fighting with Staffs and using shouts
has boni towards wearing no armor and will end up quite durable/tanky
uses "silence" effects and "concentration" type casts: those are the ones where you have to have your mouse button held and only then it will do something
gets a concentration-type cast where he becomes immune (but of course is unable to do damage while immune, because he is using both hands)
has boni towards improving all skills (skills are enchanting, restoration, light armor etc., not related to perks, and also not related to experience.) reflecting his intelligence/ability to constantly learn something new
has many perks relating to Enchanting in order to improve combat stats and utility (like the old perk tree)
has special interactions with dragons/dragon priests and legendary items
unique interaction with books

do you have any other ideas for perks, spells, or a general playstyle?

for smithing I really am unsure. It could go two directions: either it's a "blademaster" type character, who specializes heavily into that type of weapon and has boni towards heavy armor, has great mobility, great AoE damage and has access to recipes other classes can't get (similiar in total to the Blademaster of Warcraft 3 if you played that). or make it a more crafting oriented tree.

really, the Blacksmith/Blademaster has no outline yet, and I have no great ideas for him in store. it's a blank slate, with the only thing being sure is that he gets access to both weapons and armor that the others don't have.

Perhaps the tameable animals could also have more effects than just assisting in battle. For instance, spiders could give you capsules of venom or wolves might help you find items hidden around.

a permanent buff a la Soul Link, that is different for every companion. I like that! I think in SkyRe the Conjuration tree has that already, so I could just port it from there to the Druid tree. would go well with the idea of Druid emulating different beasts for different combat boni!

Your thread tittle is misleading as my dream game had been a flight simulator made for VR which uses Goggle Earth 3d as scenery.

But your project is interesting too. Maybe i could paint something or even make some 3d model for your mod at some point.

if I ever make more content I will think about whether or not it'll be voiced!

No voices would work fine for me
Imagining voices while reading is always a good fit for the player
Using voices, their pitch etc, the connotations they evoke, must add something to that NPC
And in reality of RPG's they don't add that much.

Your thread tittle is misleading as my dream game had been a flight simulator made for VR which uses Goggle Earth 3d as scenery.

But your project is interesting too. Maybe i could paint something or even make some 3d model for your mod at some point.

your dream game sounds really cool, I'd play that and fly over Latin American jungles!

if you're serious about making 3d models that would be such a huge feat, I would be forever grateful to you!

I am only looking to incorporate a handful of legendary weapons, maybe five or six total, and those would need new models. there are countless free models out there, but I really dislike those. when I'm at that point I will contact you ! :) thank you very much!

my design philosophy for weapons/armor et cetera would be a mixture of classic/bc era World of Warcraft meets Morrowind aesthetic, with a touch of comic look thrown in there.

Spoiler :

over the top, unrealistic, horribly oversized, spiky, glowing, color-themed, with moving elements if possibly, those were my favorites

take the one in the center, the simple gray axe with the skull. it's a timeless design, brutal, looks kinda dirty, it's just so great.. thought I'm sure a lot of people will disagree.

No voices would work fine for me
Imagining voices while reading is always a good fit for the player
Using voices, their pitch etc, the connotations they evoke, must add something to that NPC
And in reality of RPG's they don't add that much.

I wasn't looking to spoil anything about my ideas for the second part of the mod (new content), but I have a character modeled after Virgil and the grim reaper in mind, that I'll voice myself, the rest of the cast will likely remain voiceless

but that's enough for that, I don't want to spoil any more and am paranoid of having my ideas stolen, even though that'll never ever happen :crazyeye: :crazyeye: :crazyeye:

your dream game sounds really cool, I'd play that and fly over Latin American jungles!

if you're serious about making 3d models that would be such a huge feat, I would be forever grateful to you!

I am only looking to incorporate a handful of legendary weapons, maybe five or six total, and those would need new models. there are countless free models out there, but I really dislike those. when I'm at that point I will contact you ! :) thank you very much!

my design philosophy for weapons/armor et cetera would be a mixture of classic/bc era World of Warcraft meets Morrowind aesthetic, with a touch of comic look thrown in there.

Spoiler :

over the top, unrealistic, horribly oversized, spiky, glowing, color-themed, with moving elements if possibly, those were my favorites

take the one in the center, the simple gray axe with the skull. it's a timeless design, brutal, looks kinda dirty, it's just so great.. thought I'm sure a lot of people will disagree.

I wasn't looking to spoil anything about my ideas for the second part of the mod (new content), but I have a character modeled after Virgil and the grim reaper in mind, that I'll voice myself, the rest of the cast will likely remain voiceless

but that's enough for that, I don't want to spoil any more and am paranoid of having my ideas stolen, even though that'll never ever happen :crazyeye: :crazyeye: :crazyeye:
Feel free to contact me. I have been looking for some motivation to dust off my limited modeling knowledge. I am more used to make organic things but trying pointy stuff would be fine too and and I could learn some new features in the process.

Last edited:
To give everyone an idea of what I am looking for, this is roughly what a "class" (formerly perk tree) will look like now:

1 Wizard (Destruction)

DMG: 5 FROST / 10 FIRE

SRV: 7 FROST / 1 FIRE

MOB: 3 FROST / 6 FIRE

CCL: 7 FROST / 4 FIRE

UTL: 1 FROST / 1 FIRE

TTL: 23 FROST / 22 FIRE

(These are rough guidelines of what the specs do best, which I grade only for myself to keep it all somewhat balanced)

*The Wizard is one of the few classes with 2 different BB spells, which are mutually exclusive. There is a frost (fst) and a fire (prc) specialization. The Trinity consists of: Elemental Mastery (formerly Raging Inferno), a steroid that makes you fire two projectiles instead of one, albeit with lower damage. Wizard's Hat gives you a recipe for a legendary item. Atromancy is a greater Power GP that allows you to become an atronarch once a day, slowing down your movement speed significantly, but increasing Armor, Resistances, Health and Casting Times while active.

Frost starts off with Frostbolt, a medium damage, low mana cost projectile cast that slows enemies in a very small radius. Frostbold can be modified to either be more mana efficient and provide better ultility, or provide higher damage, crit more often, albeit at the cost of taking longer to cast and being less efficient. The next unique spell available is Permafrost Armor. A single or twohanded cast that improves Armor Rating, Fire Resistance and Mana Regeneration for a set amount of time. After that there is Arctic Winds, a lesser power LP that freezes all targets in a very small radius solid and consumes hefty amounts of mana. In the upper reaches of the skilltree you are once again faced with a decision between two spells. Summon Frost Elemental is a slow, long duration cast that summons an elemental to aid you in battle. It has high Health and Armor and acts as a shield, but does little damage. Blizzard is a channeled spell that consumes great amounts of mana, slows all enemies in a circle, deals constant damage and drains Stam. The rest of the frost perks are mainly concerned with surviveability, crowd control and slows, mana efficiency and critical spell hits.

Potential Perk Names: Subzero, Cryogenize, Shatter, Frozen Heart,

Fire starts off with Scorch, a high damage, medium mana cost fast single target cast. Scorch can be modified either to increase movement speed after a succesful hit and to have a Damage over Time effect DoT or to do more damage while mana cost and cast time go up. Next in store is Dragonbreath, an instant cast conical Knockback effect, that does high damage and has very high mana cost. Living Bomb is a channeled, circular Area of Effect AoE ability that does constant high damage, damages the user, drains medium amounts of Mana and has a medium effect radius. It is one of the most cost-effective and one of the strongest AoE spells, but also very hard to use and often results in death. Lastly you are faced with a decision: Summon Fire Elemental is a medium length cast that summons an elemental to your side. The Fire Elemental has very low health and armor, but decent resistances and strong Damage per Second DPS. Turboblaze is an extremely slow cast spell with among the highest damage in the entire game, medium AoE radius, very high Mana cost and a short duration Fear effect on first impact. The remaining fire perks mainly improve your damage, your mobility and mana regeneration.

Potential Perk Names: Maximum Overdrive, Turboblaze, The Floor is Lava, Molten Core, Inferno, No Remains, Rest in Ashes, Burnt to a Crisp

I am looking for:

Spells, Perks, Perk Names (especially this! :D should be fun for all the wordy forum members!), different specializations, and so forth.

Wizard (Destruction), Berserker (Onehand and Dual Wield), Warlock (Conjuration), Hunter (Archery) I have already worked out!

I have no idea what this game is, but you should have chocolate chip cookies as magical artifacts.

Top Bottom