[RD] You have the opportunity to design your Dream Game!

Turboblaze is an extremely slow cast spell with among the highest damage in the entire game, medium AoE radius, very high Mana cost and a short duration Fear effect on first impact. The remaining fire perks mainly improve your damage, your mobility and mana regeneration.

Did you get that name from Pokemon? I think it's Reshiram's ability.

Last edited:
I've never been interested in gameplay mods for Elder Scrolls, and as a result I don't have useful feedback on this project, but I'll volunteer my services as an editor/proofreader for all the text you're adding if that's something you'd want.
I could do the same, depending on availability.

Also, I've been wanting to get back to 3D design (Blender). I suppose that could be of help; I used to be at least decent at using it.

made some huge progress. I could not sleep at all last night for whatever reason, I lay wake from 1am where I usually go to bed 'til 5:30 and I was very productive.. mapped out 4 more perk trees, stole thought up some abilities, some general changes, and a few other ideas. alarm clock rang 4 hours later :lol:

I have no idea what this game is, but you should have chocolate chip cookies as magical artifacts.

in WoW there was a feature where you could conjure up Bisquits to regen your mana. maybe I will make something similiar for the Arcanologist class, thanks!

Did you get that name from Pokemon? I think it's Reshiram's ability.

yes and yes, I steal all of my names from people more creative than moi.

I could do the same, depending on availability.

Also, I've been wanting to get back to 3D design (Blender). I suppose that could be of help; I used to be at least decent at using it.

wow, that's fantastic!

since almost every class will have one legendary item in their perk tree, some having 2, and since I want some to only be available via random drops, we're looking at up to 40 unique items, of which only a fraction should be reskins that I can do myself (rings, amulets, boots, those are hardly ever seen ingame so I'll just use existing 3d models and alter them slightly), so we're looking at 25+ models for weapons, shields, gloves and full body armor.

I've already done some research and apparently people have managed to recreate some of my favorite iconic designs in Skyrim, like these:

Last edited:
Update: I figured out a lot of things. Mapped out the Blacksmith, which is now an Engineer, with all kinds of cool abilities: Creating Dwemer Automatons from scrap parts, spraying sticky glue that slows opponents down, but only if the come into contact, has a Flamethrower with very, very low range but very high Damage and Mana usage. Mapped out Druid, Assassin, Barbarian, and made progress with a few other classes. Found some mods I will steal content from. Today is a good day!

Creating Dwemer Automatons from scrap parts, spraying sticky glue that slows opponents down, but only if the come into contact, has a Flamethrower with very, very low range but very high Damage and Mana usage.

Is Dwemer an Elder Scrolls-specific term? I know you're modding off Skyrim, but I was under the impression that this was a separate thing from it.

yes, it's an Elder Scrolls specific term, very observant! it's so nice to see you take such an interest and notice all these small details, makes me really happy :) like with reshirams ability: it's a term I've really liked a lot for a long time and had always wanted to integrate into something, especially because turboblaze sounds so neat and the ability is utterly boring, it's literally the same as mold breaker.

though as I said in other posts, I'm currently not worrying at all about art, music, world, dungeons, quests, NPCs, names, aesthetic and lore. there's 0 point in trying to do everything at once, which is why I am dividing all my work into segments. I want to make sure that there is a base: a playable, bug free, challenging, enjoyable game, and then focus on cosmetics. most skyrim mods deal with cosmetics and it's something I'm not really interested at all for now. there's a chance that I'll rework everything, to make it non-elder scrolls specific, but I actually already have thought up a very elegant solution to deal with that specific problem :)

There's also a bunch of other Pokemon moves with neat names for inspiration (or just straight-up "borrowing"). I like Sunsteel Strike.

oh yuss. sst is nice. my favorites are probably Leech Seed, Swords Dance, Sonic Boom, Aeroblast, Belly Drum, Sludge Bomb, Perish Song, Sacred Fire, Morning Sun, so many good ones!

Sunsteel Strike always reminds me of the Yukio Mishima book "Sun and Steel", that one really inspired me back then. It's a great, short read.

wow, that's fantastic!

since almost every class will have one legendary item in their perk tree, some having 2, and since I want some to only be available via random drops, we're looking at up to 40 unique items, of which only a fraction should be reskins that I can do myself (rings, amulets, boots, those are hardly ever seen ingame so I'll just use existing 3d models and alter them slightly), so we're looking at 25+ models for weapons, shields, gloves and full body armor.

I've already done some research and apparently people have managed to recreate some of my favorite iconic designs in Skyrim, like these:
<snipped images>
OK, so what would you like me to have a try at? I'm still in the getting-back-into-the-program phase (I've even forgotten some of the commands that used to be automatic), so… well, we should be able to start figuring things out.

Yes, I would love that. I'll pm you in the next few days with one or two concrete examples and we can work things out :love:

OK. Remember that my German is not that good yet.

I've put in a lot of work this weekend and had some tremendous success.

1) I've implemented all of the Mage Mastery Perks (18 total)
2) I've implemented most of the Mage Spells
3) I have found a way to use both Attributes (Health, Magica, Stamina) and Skills (Two-handed, Light Armor, Destruction etc.) as modifiers!
This means that your mage build will no longer be useless, since all spell power now scales off of destruction! Alchemy can scalle off of your "intellec" (Magica) like in the old games! This was a cornerstone of my design philosophy so I'm happy I found an easy workaround for it
4) I have finished most of the quests for the assassin class
5) I have finished much of the theorycrafting to map out all the classes, but suggestions are still possible and one class is still pretty open..
6) I have fully implemented the level system and it's already very close to perfect!
You can now level up to level 255, your skills, too, and the game will still be challenging!

For tamed animals/creatures, if you'd like you can give me a list of them and I can see if I can think up the special abilities they might have. I like thinking up things.

How are you going to get the game tested?

For tamed animals/creatures, if you'd like you can give me a list of them and I can see if I can think up the special abilities they might have. I like thinking up things.

wolves, bears, sabre cats, and many different snow-themed iteration of those. also possible: troll, mammoth, though I don't know whether they'd "work" as pets, those are some of the most powerful enemies in game

How are you going to get the game tested?

I already have a friend testing almost any aspect I integrate. I don't really have time to both implement AND test everything. another friend who will play test when it reaches beta stage.

for example, pretty much all of the Wizard perks, spells and such have withstood testing can are essentially already done, only need to be finde tuned once I test the entire game. he also tested out the leveling system pretty much to its limits, I think his character is level 70+ now (which was insanely hard to achieve in the base game). technically you could level up to 255, but realistically once you reach 90/100 the game will most likely get stale. you'd have 3 different class specs maxed out by then (filling one class tree requires roughly 30+ talents). I was hoping to give my mod a lot of replay value because many of the classes work together so nicely. for example: the assassin class has perks that improve lightning damage dealt, so it would work pretty well in combination with most of the mage-oriented classes like arcanologist, wizard etc. those tend to have many perks improving spell power, so the assassin spells would benefit from that in return. since almost all of the strong spells are acquired through the perk tree (and are often linked to an exclusive choice: you get either fireball or frostbolt, never both) there are seemingly infinite combinations of unique spells and perks to test out and every rerun of the game will be significantly different,

right now I am already integrating most of my changes, perk by perk and spell by spell. it's of course pretty menial labor, but I think I'll be finished in like two months, and the new perk trees (classes) are already the biggest amount of work on the game.

once a playable, stable version of my mod exists I will publish an install-guide here and everyone can play test as they want. if anyone wants to give it a try while it's in the experimental stage, just hit me w/ a PM. if you don't have skyrim.. it's less than 10 bucks with all DLC.

wolves, bears, sabre cats, and many different snow-themed iteration of those. also possible: troll, mammoth, though I don't know whether they'd "work" as pets, those are some of the most powerful enemies in game

Wolves is pretty easy; they might be able to sniff out items and/or play fetch and bring you back items.

For bears, riding them around! Especially across water. In Skyrim itself, if you ride a horse into the water it's extremely slow.

Perhaps sabre-cats can provide night-vision to the player for short periods of time.

I'm not sure if the snow-themed versions should be any different or just a cosmetic thing.

Hey since you mentioned "sword dance" I'm thinking that really should make it into this mod somehow as a melee-class ability. Every hit you land on an enemy increases your movement speed by 10-15% for 10-15 seconds. Stacks with itself. Alternatively, every hit gives you 10-15% extra stamina regen.

If you can ride animals, will they behave like NPCs? I.e. will they get their own rolls to shy away from nearby enemies and so on?

What an interesting idea

I've never been interested in gameplay mods for Elder Scrolls, and as a result I don't have useful feedback on this project, but I'll volunteer my services as an editor/proofreader for all the text you're adding if that's something you'd want.

I'm much the same, just played the base game but I'd be willing to help out proofreading/testing/general QA if you needed the help.

I forget which game it was and it was mostly mediocre but one good idea it had was for artifacts whose powers you only gradually discovered.
It might be through study or behaving in a particular way or in one case for valuing the item for itself rather than its power but you didn't get everything straight away.

I remember one of the previous versions had the Alchemy skill gradually reveal all 4 "powers" of each ingredient. You could have an Artifacts skill that would gradually reveal items different powers as your skill increased, more powerful artifacts required a higher skill to figure out. It always struck me as odd that in Skyrim you could always tell what magic items did.

Hey since you mentioned "sword dance" I'm thinking that really should make it into this mod somehow as a melee-class ability. Every hit you land on an enemy increases your movement speed by 10-15% for 10-15 seconds. Stacks with itself. Alternatively, every hit gives you 10-15% extra stamina regen.

SkyRe implements something similiar, a combat buff that is applied whenever you hit and that stacks within itself. I was thinking of improving physical damage and/or attack speed or crit rating, but I like your suggestions. I have a lot of "steroid" spells that improve Stamina regeneration already. I will mod that to fit in with my idea of how the different melee playstyle should perform, because what I truly want is that every playstyle feels unique and different, and it's not just the same **** with different weapons for flavor.

i.e.:
-Assassin needs to constantly move, dodge and reposition itself in order to not die, bursts in, does lots of damage, finishes oppoents off with powerful instant spells, and bursts out again
-Rogue instantly jumps the strongest target, stunlocks it and confuses/blinds the less powerful enemies, then brawls until there is no one left
-Thief uses the sneak modifier to deal insane amounts of damage with one hit, apply a poison, and then disappear into the shadows, taking opponents out 1 by 1, but always being on the treshold of being seen and.. dieing
-Berserker is constantly mashing fast attacks which heal for a slight amount, while taking massive damage, maintaining a dangerous equilibrium where being close to death increases your damage significantly

They all use the same weapon setup: Dual Wielding two weapons.

These are all completely different playstyles, and it's also very important to me that every class has specific weaknesses: For example a Thief can never win a duel, even against weaker opponents, the Berserker will just drop instantly if he is paralyzed and can't heal himself, the Assassin can't dodge if he's slowed and can't take many melee hits, and the Rogue is screwed when facing multiple targets, especially if they are scattered.

If you can ride animals, will they behave like NPCs? I.e. will they get their own rolls to shy away from nearby enemies and so on?

I think they already do that anyway.

Wolves is pretty easy; they might be able to sniff out items and/or play fetch and bring you back items.

For bears, riding them around! Especially across water. In Skyrim itself, if you ride a horse into the water it's extremely slow.

Perhaps sabre-cats can provide night-vision to the player for short periods of time.

I'm not sure if the snow-themed versions should be any different or just a cosmetic thing.

I'l liking this very much, especially the Wolf's abilities sound cool and unique.

As for riding bears.. https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/30132

I remember one of the previous versions had the Alchemy skill gradually reveal all 4 "powers" of each ingredient. You could have an Artifacts skill that would gradually reveal items different powers as your skill increased, more powerful artifacts required a higher skill to figure out. It always struck me as odd that in Skyrim you could always tell what magic items did.

Alchemy ingredients still work that way. As for the "artifacts", that sounds brilliant, a lot like how they worked in Diablo II iirc, no? Though I'm not sure how I would implement that without a ton of papyrus coding

Last edited:
Top Bottom