[RD] You have the opportunity to design your Dream Game!

Doublepost for good measure! Assassin is, fwiw, pretty much 90% integrated into the game. Yesterday I worked a lot on the Warlock class, still unsure about the name however. What do you guys think of Fanatic, Necromancer, or Acolyte instead?

I implemented most of the Warlock's essential spells, most of the mastery, and some other Branch perks. Progressing at a steady rate. I also played around with the game settings a ton and had incredibly results, it's insane how easy it is to mod them.

I've integrated about 6 of the 18 classes now so a good amount of the work is done. Since this thread will likely die again feel free to PM me anytime.

Oh no, I'll bump the thread allright just now!
Regarding the models, I've run into one of these temp job things which ends this weekend and is low-paid but is better than unpaid so it's a matter of priorities.

In case anyone cares, I have been obessisvely working on this thing as almost my sole creative output and will probably be finished with the first out of six mods in a few weeks time. if anyone was wondering about the scale of this mod.. well. it'll probably include more than 500 unique perks (yes, more than ordinator) with different ranks, meaning you can probably spend something like 2000 perk points if you wanted to have all trees maxed out for completionists sake.

currently the state is:

13 out of 18 mastery trees are implemented and working in game
around a quarter of the unique spells and special moves are implemented, some already with art and fully working animations
the experience system is up and working great
several game settings have been altered for a more RPG like experience
most of the theorycrafting behind the classes is done, but I am still taking advice or ideas

If anyone wants to contribute, here is the list of classes that are currently in the game

Caster classes

Sorcerer (fights with arcane magic, polymorphs opponents into critters, teleports around, can create split images of himself)

Warlock (afflicts enemies with curses, summons creatures from hell or raises the dead, turns opponents into lovecraftian tentacle monsters)

Wizard (conjures the sun down from the sky, freezes opponents solid, transforms into a living bomb)

Priest (plays either as a healer and plaguedoctor, spreading diseases and keeping allies topped off, or as a mind-melting cabalist, unleashes disintegration rays)

Fighter classes

Guardian (play as a commander or a gladiator, buff your followers and conjured creatures, unleash a hail of arrows, kill enemies just by reflecting damage back at them while blocking)

Knight (become a hand of god and purge the undead with holy light, or take on the path of a deathknight, spreading diseases and unholy magic. Knight can play as a healer, tank, or offtank)

Champion (swing heavy weaponry, charge around like a madman, use enemies as projectiles, become a full blown barbarian champion or shiva, the destroyer of worlds)

Mercenary (play as a silent, rigid assassin, using poisons and invisibility or become the enforcer, an elite soldier moving at supersonic speed, hurling around lightning magic, dodging everything around you and dieing whenever you're hit by anything)

Savage (choose the path of the barbarian, spin around with whirlwind strike and learn to throw axes, or the harbinger, a vampiric melee character that drains life forces and deals more damage the closer he is to death)

Rogue (be a mean bully, paralyze opponents, dodge melee attacks, use every mean trick imagineable, blind and disorient them, sneak around and ambush them, crit them from behind)

Hybrid Classes

Ranger (be a reckless, sniping trophy hunter, picking off opponents from afar, or play as a tracker, befriending animals, using traps and being mobile with a shortbow and mobility spells)

Druid (uses nature as his ally. creates walls of stones out of the ground, tactically abuses terrain, flings opponents away with a whirlwind, conjures up a stream of angry locusts, transforms into a bear avatar)

Shaman (brews psychedelic potions and enters a state of trance, calls to the help of ancestral spirits, throws around chain lightnings, places totems with aura effects, can adapt any playstyle from caster to bruiser to tank)

Support Classes

Engineer (builds mechanical defense turrets, uses a flamethrower, sprays sticky glue on the ground, smiths all kinds of armor and shields, becomes a raidboss)

Mystic (summons powerful spectral weapons, hunts for rare artifacts, steals mana, absorbs spells and enchants and smiths all kinds of gear)

Thief (insane added utility, better stealing, better lockpicking, can jump where no other class can, has the most powerful poisons in game, but shies away from direct combat. uses traps and ranged attacks to keep enemies at bay)

Herald (can be played either as a merchant who hires mercenaries, excels at bartering and bribes NPCs, or as a diplomat who uses his voice to manipulate fights, has boni to all shouts and sound based magic)

Adventurer (played either as a generalist who recieves boni towards all forms of skill gain and levels faster, or as a hermit sage that plays peacefully and synergizes with every other magic based class in the game. has the most general utility of all classes, but the least combat related perks)

Those are all the 18 classes in the game. I couldn't bother to do a detailed write-up for each one of them, if you want to see just how in-depth the classes and mechanics are, here is an outdatet example of finished class:

Spoiler :

3 Warlock

(Conjuration)

Obscure Tastes: Increase Health by 10 / 20 / 30. Increase Mana by 10 / 20 / 30. Both Destruction and Conjuration Skills level 3 / 6 / 10% faster.

Clandestine Rituals: Increase Health by 45 / 60 / 75 / 100. Increase Mana by 45 / 60 / 75 / 90. Both Destruction and Conjuration Skills level 12% / 15% / 17% / 20% faster.

Creeping Insanity: Increase Pet Damage by 5 / 10 / 15 / 20%. Increase Armor Rating by 3 / 6 / 9 / 12%.

Pact with the Devil: Increase Pet Health by 1 / 2 / 3 / 4 / 5% of your own health. Increase all Fire and Frost Damage dealt by 3% / 6% / 9% / 12% / 15%. Increase your Mana by 1 / 2 / 3 / 4 / 5% of your own health. (Last Perk only: Upps the summon limit to 2 creatures).

DMG: 8 NECRO / 6 HELLRAISER

SRV: 3 NECRO / 7 HELLRAISER

MOB: 2 NECRO / 5 HELLRAISER

CCL: 7 NECRO / 4 HELLRAISER

UTL: 5 NECRO / 3 HELLRAISER

TTL: 25 NECRO / 25 HELLRAISER

(damage, survivability, mobility, crowd control, utility, total)

*The Warlock, much like the Wizard, also has two different exclusive BB spells available. The Necro (ncr) relies on Shadow Bolt for damage while the Hellraiser (hrs) uses Hellfire. The Trinity consists of: Torn Soul, which allows you to have two summoned creatures active at any time. Robe of Rapid Decay gives you the plans to craft a legendary robe. Metamorphosis allows you to transform into an unstoppable demon once per day, increasing your Health, dealing constant Fire Damage to targets around you and leeching the Health from all surrounding targets.

Necro begins with Shadowfrost, a long cast with very high single target st frost Damage and medium mana cost. Shadowfrost can be modified in different ways. Transforming it into Chaosbolt adds some range to the Damage portion of the spell and increases damage slightly, while upgrading it to Shadowblast will reduce cast time and Mana cost. After that you receive Curse of Decay, a debuff with a very low cast time, but high mana cost. It stays active for a long duration, does damage and slows one target. Your essential Crowd-Control CCL effect is Angst, a medium duration cast that sends one target running away scared for an extended duration. Lastly you are faced with a decision: Corpse Explosion does tremendous AoE Damage, but is highly conditional and has a very long cast time. Army of Darkness summons four Skeleton Lords at your side that assist you for a short duration of time, emptying your Mana and Stam. Aditionally the Necro also has the ability to summon Skeletons that do not count towards creature limit. The remaining perks mostly focus on frost Damage, summoning Undead and dealing more Damage against Undead targets.

Potential Perk Names: Obscure Texts, Dark Sacrifice, The Chill of Death, Frenzied Ghouls, Cannibalism, Call of the Dark Void

The Hellraiser starts off with Hellfire, a medium length cast that does significant AoE fire Damage around the caster itself, essentially making one's body the primary weapon. Perks allow you to upgrade Hellfire to Felfire, significantly increasing the range, reducing the Mana cost and slightly decreasing the casting time. Felblaze on the other hand adds a very low duration stun effect and increases Damage and range marginally. Feeding Frenzy is a channeled single target spell that does medium Damage, restores Health to the Warlock and costs high amounts of Mana. Contrary to Necro, you have two decide between your uniques earlier: Summon Daedra Lord will call a Dremora to your help that does significant physical Damage and can take quite a beating. Souls Intertwined on the other hand is a medium-length cast that binds your soul to that of a summoned creature, reduces all incoming Damage and transfers some incoming Damage to your companion. Hellish Contract allows the Hellraiser to harvest the soul of a dead enemy, receiving a long-lasting buff in combat abilities: Health, Armor, Resistances, Movement Speed. The remaining perks mostly increase your fire Damage, your survivability, Daedra summoning and damage against Humanoid targets. Passively the Hellraiser's Damage scales invertly proportional to its health, making the playstyle high-risk, high-reward.

Needs Giant Death Robots

did you even read the class descriptions? you become the either a Raidboss or a Giant Death Robot when you finish Engineering! :lol:

did you even read the class descriptions? you become the either a Raidboss or a Giant Death Robot when you finish Engineering! :lol:
Must have missed it, but what's a Raidboss in this case?

I wish I had the know how and energy to mod, and I have a few ideas, but by the time I finished any of the mods I'd like to make, Skyrim would be hopelessly obsolete!

short note on Skyrim being obsolete:

There is a project called OpenMW. It essentially rebuilds the entire Morrowind engine from scratch and makes it open source. It's been in development for years and has been stable for quite some time. But there is more. This engine has inbuilt Multiplayer support. So you could, right now, basically play Morrowind with your friends.

However, it gets better. As OpenMW improves and is built upon, it is entirely imagineable that you could emulate Skyrim via that engine. Remember: The Skyrim engine is old as hell. It's a revamp of Netimmerse/Gamebryo/Whatever it was called and hasn't really been renewed, only updated, for ****** 20 years now. It's a horrible piece of wet garbage and Bethesda knows it. It's one of the reasons why the new Fallout was such a disaster and why there is no Multiplayer in Skyrim..

So.. If, at some point in time, OpenMW supports Skyrim, it'll most likely support Skyrim mods. So It's entire thinkable that in a few years you can play my mod as a restricted MORPG with your friends and do dungeons/raids together. This would be my dream game :)

There are other projects like Skyrim Together that allow you to play Skyrim in multiplayer mode, but they don't actually feature true multiplayer. They allow you to control an NPC and sync your gameworld to the gameworld of all the other players. It's a vastly different design/coding than a true multiplayer game.

Must have missed it, but what's a Raidboss in this case?

I wish I had the know how and energy to mod, and I have a few ideas, but by the time I finished any of the mods I'd like to make, Skyrim would be hopelessly obsolete!

the last stage is called a raidboss because he's very hard to take down and has an inherent enrage mechanic, meaning after a certain treshold, be it time or damage taken, he gets bigger, glows red and goes berserk!

it's a homage to the way Blizzard made sure their raids had some sort of gear check and a way to disable endless battles, if a boss fight draws out too long (because your party does too little damage or lacks the required gear) the boss just goes nuts and kills the tank, and everyone dies.

if you have Any ideas please forward them to me via PM or post them in this thread. you have no idea how easy some things are to implement (and how hard it is to implement some of the easiest things..). some spells / special powers I have done in less than half an hour, from scratch, with animation and all.

I get hardly any feedback, especially not negative feedback, and that's a shame.

I'm afraid Skyrim is already hopelessly obsolete. the game is 8 years old and TES6 is already in the making. most people play SSE now, though I prefer the vanilla Skyrim with the 3 DLCs. I am making this mod for myself and my friends mostly, and once it's finished I'll distribute it for free of course.

I'm afraid Skyrim is already hopelessly obsolete. the game is 8 years old and TES6 is already in the making. most people play SSE now, though I prefer the vanilla Skyrim with the 3 DLCs. I am making this mod for myself and my friends mostly, and once it's finished I'll distribute it for free of course.

Where the hell is the SkyUI mod for SSE?

It already exists. SkyUi is based on SKSE and only works with SKSE. The newer SKSE versions do not work with SSE, but older versions do. You can run an older version of SKSE and an older version of SkyUi (there are barely any differences) and play the game like you're used to.

Imho Skyrim without SkyUi is entirely unplayable. It has the single worst inventory/menu system I have ever seen in any game to date and I hate everything about it. SkyUi is a definite improvement, but a long shot from what I'd like. My biggest gripe is the Skills/Perk menu..

Well, yes, my premise here is that SkyUI makes the game playable on a PC. In fairness the vanilla UI does work fairly well on consoles. But since SSE landed in my inventory I've been periodically hunting for SkyUI and haven't found it, I guess I finally have :)

I have a feeling I'm going to end up spending more time getting all the mods right than actually playing the game :lol:

If you have any questions regarding Skyrim shoot them my way. Imho you don't need many mods at all. Choose one of each:

1) Perk overhaul: Ordinator, SkyRe, PerMa, Requiem
2) Combat overhaul: Ultimate Combat, Wildcat, SkyReCombat
3) Magic overhaul: Forgotten Magic, Apocalypse, Phenderix..
4) .ini Tweaks
5) Enemy overhaul: ASIS, Immersive Creatures, Spawn Overhauls..

These should be enough to change the game fundamentally. Everything else, in my opinion, was hardly noticeable and didn't really add much. About 80% of the mods coming out for Skyrim are either cosmetic mods, waifu/companion mods, sexmods, or a combination of those three. Completely negligible.

My favorite mod that I use now is Frostfall. Aside from that family of mods (IIRC I have the campfires one plus Frostfall itself) I use some graphics mods plus a couple of mods that add extra armor and weapons to the game. Also a weather mod that works with Frostfall.

SSE will have me trying various combinations of graphics mods endlessly.

SkyRe (imho the best overhaul mod for Skyrim) is specifically designed to work with Frostfall, it even as a new perk tree that deals with survivalism. Maybe try it with your next playthrough :)

Can't believe I didn't know this existed. I am definitely into Skyrim and play with over 200 mods. Some of your goals don't seem compatible with Morrowloot or Summermyst, unfortunately.

The one idea that sounds bad is the squishy wizards. I have to say that's it's tremendously frustrating to be one-shotted over and over by a Falmer archer as I try to support to my companion because I put all of my points into magicka (which was necessary because one of my mods replaces the enchantment on wizard gear that makes your spells cost less with one that makes them stronger).

Last edited:
Not all casters are Squishy. Frostmages are pretty tough to take down for a melee, especially with Frost Armor. Warlocks are tanky casters and do more damage depending on how low on life they are. Priests are relatively resistant to weapons, but drop quickly to spells. Druids, Shamans and the Mystic are all tanky hybrids that rely on both casting and weapons.

The other ones are indeed squishy, but rely on exceptinal mobility or crowd control. I don't like "helpless" classes, that's just bad design.

You perfectly showcase the biggest problem with running a huge load order: Mods do not complement each other. Mods are not balanced for each other. They'll break your game. Immersion is ruined. You have to go into an MCM and fiddle with sliders to adjust difficulty, mana cost, etc. That's exactly what I don't like. That's why I want my overhaul to stay nice and contained, so that everything is balanced wrt all my design choices. No spells is overpowered, no build is overpowered, and there's limited synergy between all builds.

I don't think 200 mods are considered that much for Skyrim, but I take your point.

Big update: I finished ALL of the masteries and am now onto making the more specific spells and perks for each class. That means about 40% of the work is done, if I had to guess. I'm thinking of doing a few videos showcasing the new specials, would anyone be interested in that?

Pretty much all of the classes are set by now. I'm not 100% happy with how they're divided and how diverse the playstyles are, but goddamn is it more interesting than vanilla. You'll hear more soon!

Videos are what the kids these days like. Seems a smart idea to generate interest.

For true melee characters, those using swords, axes, and daggers to hit enemies, I suggest having a perk that comes from using the same weapon(s) for a long time. The more you use it the better you get with it. Add speed, damage, crit hits, blocking etc. You could have the weapon bonus scale by, time, number of battles, length of battles, monsters killed, etc or a combination of those. Maybe add a place where a character could "practice" with a weapon to gain skill based bonuses. This might alleviate the need to upgrade weapons or craft them to higher levels.

Top Bottom