YOU HAVE TRADED WITH OUR WORST ENEMY! even though you didn't know we existed.

ScavengerType

Warlord
Anyone consider this "feature" annoying?

http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=338780
Here's a thread detailing the fix for it so that it only registers for if you trade with someone's worst enemy while you know them.

I'm wondering if it will work on RFC though, because I am unsure how the HasMet variable works in RFC. Is it the variable that is used to phase out contact over time or is it a single time use variable in RFC as it is in regular?

Of all the diplomatic penalties, there is only I hate more than this. I end up getting a -4 or so with most leaders because I trade with their stupid enemies, even though I am also trading with them.

The only one I hate more than this is "You refused to stop trading with our worst enemies!" When I see that, I really understand why leaders in history went to war for purely diplomatic reasons when no strategic or economic advantage existed.

that poses an interesting question...

Is it historically accurate for nations whom just meet to be this mad about this?

I mean though it is irritating, if it's a common first contact thing perhaps it should be left as is.

I saw some time ago someone talking about these mechanism and I am quite sure that I have also observed it in-game (though it could be mis-interpretation from my part), but these penalties go away quicker if you just met the guy.

It's like gifts: did you already gift 40-50 gold to a leader the first time you meet him? It immediately gives +4 for "fair trade" although it was just a few gold coins. But then, this modifier goes away quickly.

When I see that, I really understand why leaders in history went to war for purely diplomatic reasons when no strategic or economic advantage existed.

What I meant by this was that seeing the AI's opinion of me drop that much because I refused to stop trading with his "worst enemy," I get POed enough to contemplate a little razing expedition to give him something to really hate my about.

Also, refusing to stop trading twice is equal to razing a city of millions of people? WTF is wrong with these guys?

NP I was recently looking into moding and the post caught my eye.

If you do put it in get back to us on if it does or not eliminate the effect of previous trading with an enemy when you fall out of contact with the nation.

Top Bottom