1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

You know what I can give you

Discussion in 'Civ3 - Stories & Tales' started by metamike, May 22, 2007.

1. metamike

metamike Chieftain

Sashie, in my opinion luxuries are worth the shield used to create temples. I mean come on, just by settling there I get what, 3-5 luxuries? Tell me that's not worth taking the time to prevent flips.

Tricky: I pretty much explained in the previous quote why I make it high.

But I'll do it again.

I enjoy having high shield+food production for fast early expansion because...well...that's just the way I like to play :). When I connect the luxuries, my slider will go down a like 50%.

2. tR1cKy

tR1cKy taking over the world

Yes, i understood. I'm asking because it seems excessive anyway. With cities that size, a 20%-30% slider is usually more than enough to cope with unhappiness, even at deity level. At least in my experience.

3. Sashie VII

Sashie VII Balance of Power

Aggressive settling for lux I can understand, but the tiles without lux?

Your game, all the best :)

4. metamike

metamike Chieftain

Well I'd rather have them produce several gpt each when I finish their temples than have that space be taken by the...

Wait...Was I called them the Aztecs thsi whole time?

If I was, sorry, just realized they're both green, I meant Japanese.

Anyawys, if the Japanese settle that area, not only do I have less gpt (all of em will give me around 2-5 gpt probably because of corruption I'm guessing), which is necessary to keep a Breaking point in economy while expanding no matter how little the gpt, but will also give the Japanese more land.

Now with that land, not only are they going to feel more superior to me, meaning having a bigger chance to declare while I'm still trying to stand up, but I'll also be threatened by a culture flip in my lonesome lux towns since the AI love looove making +culture improvements in every single city.

Also, when I do begin fighting the war, the lux towns will be SO far apart from the rest of my empire, I'll have to resort to using my boats waste like 6 turns trasnporting defensive units through the Japanese border to guard them - unless I'll have an RoP, in which case I'll ALSO be wasting turns because I'd have to wait until it ends to fight the war, since I don't want the other AI to be angry at me on Sid.

Those AI have a mighty twitchy finger when it comes close to the "Declare War" button.

5. Sashie VII

Sashie VII Balance of Power

Just my opinions, metamike, take it with a grain of salt ;)

Resisting flips in a single town is easier than several at once.

By not settling the land immediately, you save several citizens that would boost your production. And you allow the AI the honor of founding cities for you to take.

Right now you have a long front.

6. metamike

metamike Chieftain

Sorry I haven't been able to post anything for a while.

Anyways this is how I plan to expand to the luxuries.

All the colors are the towns to which I plan to move those 3 settlers, and the pink one is the general location of the 4th settler that'll soon arrive to connect the insence to my empire (by cultural border)

7. Sanotra

Sanotra Wannabe Modder

Oh dang Metamike, I know what your doing, and I'd probably do the same, but would I like doing it? Probably not. Your towns are going to be suceptible to flips, so be careful, and good luck. Now go comment my thread! Or else.