You know what... I do want CIV IV.5!

From Roxlimn:

In Civ V, I can get to a position on the board where there are 10-12 City States and 7 Civs surviving to Modern Era. I have never played a game in Civ IV where there were 20 personalities on the board at so late a date.

City States have personalities? :confused:

More like vending machines that spew out culture, food or the occasional military unit if you hand over the cash. *Yawn*

Not to mention the AI Civs having all the personality of a sack of wet newspapers.

BTW, in basically all the ciV games I played I've had a one or two runaway AIs that gobbled up the rest. Your game play experience seems more like the exception than the norm. This is on a huge map and a standard map.

In fact, I like Civ V better than Civ IV, or will once they have iron ed ut the bugs and imbalances and included a few things they forgot about.

There's something I've come to realize after numerous people saying "You just wanted Civ IV.5" I realized that I do, in fact, want CIV IV.5. Unapologetically.

I want CIV IV with hexes, with units restricted by resources, with buildings restricted by resources, with city-states, with Social Policies (that perhaps interacted with Civics), with borders that expand 1-tile-at-a-time, independent GP counters, Natural Wonders, Scouts that can attack, maybe even with road-maintenance to decrease the # of roads.

No global happiness, no 1UPT (negotiable, if the AI could handle it), no nerfed-resources, no generic lvl1, lvl2, lvl3 buildings, no nerfed production, no cloudy Diplomacy, no "AI's just play to win" (Ghandi should not DoW me because his military > mine).

The more I think about it, CIV IV.5 sounds like an awesome game.

Great post! Civ IV.5 would be an awesome game!

Please, hexes no more. Please, 1UPT no more. These are so lame.

Hexes are unreal - N, S, E, W, NE, SE, NW, SW are way more intuitive.

1UPT are for real life board games, where it is physically impossible to stack too many units per hex. In a video game, 1UPT is just a waste of computing resources. Also, the pathfinding algorithms and traffic jams of units are aggravating (specially that "friendly" bunch of units disrupting workers during open borders agreements).

Also, self defending cities are nice (with upgradeable defense improvements), and ranged units able to attack whatever they please (ships, improvements, other units, cities).

I doubt that I will ever buy another Civ game again. At least from Firaxis/2K. The great name of Sid Meier was almost completely burned down by this crappy game (did he really played a role on this mess?).

Great post! Civ IV.5 would be an awesome game!

Please, hexes no more. Please, 1UPT no more. These are so lame.

Hexes are unreal - N, S, E, W, NE, SE, NW, SW are way more intuitive.

1UPT are for real life board games, where it is physically impossible to stack too many units per hex. In a video game, 1UPT is just a waste of computing resources. Also, the pathfinding algorithms and traffic jams of units are aggravating (specially that "friendly" bunch of units disrupting workers during open borders agreements).

Also, self defending cities are nice (with upgradeable defense improvements), and ranged units able to attack whatever they please (ships, improvements, other units, cities).

I doubt that I will ever buy another Civ game again. At least from Firaxis/2K. The great name of Sid Meier was almost completely burned down by this crappy game (did he really played a role on this mess?).

Agree 100% A total conversion cIV mod that did these things would be an excellent game.
It would definitely be the most popular mod produced. Heck, it might even get more gameplay than ciV.

BTW, love the sig and I can only hope it's true. :D

From Roxlimn:

More like vending machines that spew out culture, food or the occasional military unit if you hand over the cash. *Yawn*

Perfect description! I have won a Deity Civ5 game (pangea, duel) just by saving gold and playing dead, while the other guy (AI) conquered all the continent. He spared my puny civilization and went for a diplomatic victory (he was allied with the four City States of the game). Right under his nose, at the last turn before the UN vote (built by him, of course), I bought the votes of the four Cities! It was "glorious"! :lol:

Agree 100% A total conversion cIV mod that did these things would be an excellent game.
It would definitely be the most popular mod produced. Heck, it might even get more gameplay than ciV.

BTW, love the sig and I can only hope it's true. :D

Thanks! Your sig is also great :) - and that's something that is really happening: lots of people are rising against this piece of junk that dares to use the Civilization trademark.

this is part of the failure of understanding between those who like V, and those who don't.

Many of us played to have fun, not to win. So we didn't need cheap tools. If we wanted a cheap tool, we could bump it down to prince, or settler.

Religion was fun. It gave you something to do, it gave you something to build, and it gave you a slow strategy to build allies or hurt those who would attack you and your holy city civ.

In FFH2, religions became even more, central even.

For the purposes of being PC, I am sure that could not happen in the civ franchise, but even so, religion is an enormous part of history.

QFT, some of my most fun games I lost.
If I played to win I probably would seek multiplayer (unfortunately the new AI personalities take out some of singleplayer fun too).

Both Hiwatha and Darius are both REXing, expansionist fools.

Washington is the real undisputed hardcore REXing, expansionist fool with extremely irrational personality... if any.

Do you understand the mechanics enough to achieve this quickly? If so, I'd be happy to get tips - I'm having trouble busting past size 27 fast enough.

Play as Siam, go patronage branch, hoard money > buy yourself some maritime city-states + the usual food buildings and some farms. Check and done! Do I get a cookie? :please: Seriously... anyone? :(

I have never played a game in Civ IV where there were 20 personalities on the board at so late a date.

From Roxlimn:

LoL woot!? :lol: City-states don't have personalities, if anything they are a single hive mind! :shifty: You disturb them here and there and they go BZZZZ on you! BZZZZ! BZZZZ!

BZZZZ!!!

Top Bottom