You know what that means... DLC incoming.

Status
Not open for further replies.
... that my achievements % has dropped to 88%? I remember this happening with Civ 5, good times. Looking forward to seeing what the new challenges will be.

So, can we learn anything from the fact that there are 13 new achievements? (No, but it's fun to speculate.)

It's highly unlikely there will be new victory types, map sizes, or difficulties. Each new leader (whether or not the Civ is new) will be one. There might be a few new map types. And then there's the weird combination of circumstances type. What other types?

I'll guess, between the two packs, there are 4 leaders, 4 map types, and 5 others.

ahhh my perfect 100% has went away. Oh well. Now I only own one game where I have 100% of the achievements (FNV). Looking forward to getting this game back up to 100% soon.

Chin up Cerilis! Not long now. I was expecting the first DLC to coincide with the 90 days from Civ 6 launch. This means it'll be much sooner and possibly pre-Christmas

I'm not going to lie, they're going to burn quite a bit of good will with me if they release DLC before they address the problems plaguing this game at the moment. I know it's probably that multiple teams work on different aspects and that a team is working on the issues many of us have complained about while another is working independently on DLC, but that doesn't change my stance on the issue.

An understandable point, but what's the alternative? They delay DLC which is ready for release anyway? Firaxis usually release a patch when DLC comes out, so hopefully more issues will slowly get fixed. It might take 6 months to fix the majority of the problems - I'd like DLC before then.

How soon is "soon"? Like "in a few hours"-soon?
For Civ V, Firaxis always announced a DLC a few weeks in advance; if nothing else so there could be pre-orders on Steam for it.
The DLCs themselves usually went live within a day or two (either way) of a patch as well.

No way, I am going to spend more money (the way it was released did not justify the price in any way). If they release DLC before even the most ridiculous issues are addressed, I will treat this the same way as Civ5, which was to totally ignore anything they tried to do to make more money.

Since I happily bought EE I can't wait. Usually a patch accompanies dlc - releases so I'm confident further advancement will happen, too.

P. S.: Just to let everyone know as a counter - statement: I'm very happy with my spent money and I'm totally confident this game will just get better and better, played about 100 hours already and look forward to alot more!

Took CiV from my Harddrive yesterday (2000+h) because I cannot see me going back anytime soon, albeit the awesome VP...

I'm totally confident this game will just get better and better,
Well, I guess it's fair to say, I couldn't get any worse, could it :)

Glad to hear this, where's there DLC and achievements there will probably be more bugfixes. :)

I wouldn't necessarily look to past patterns on this one. Keep in mind that those with the digital deluxe edition get four of the DLCs free. Since they've already made money on them, they'll likely fire those four out pretty quick so that they can get on to the ones everyone has to buy.

I wouldn't necessarily look to past patterns on this one. Keep in mind that those with the digital deluxe edition get four of the DLCs free. Since they've already made money on them, they'll likely fire those four out pretty quick so that they can get on to the ones everyone has to buy.
Besides, people who bought the deluxe edition+ would feel kinda shafted if it would take ages for them to actually release the DLCs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom