You know what that means... DLC incoming.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I also sincerely hope we see a major patch before new DLC's, which will most likely primarily contain new leaders and civs, and will not change gameplay much. The AI needs a significant patch, and soon. I'm finding I can get through about 150-200 turns and after that I'm just bored. The AI is too much of a pushover at Emperor and I understand higher difficulties do not help the second half of the game anymore than lower. Clicking next turn for 100 turns with no chance of losing isn't fun. Neither is moving around units, whether military or religious, and just steam rolling everything in sight. My current play through is lasting almost a month now because I just can't play more than a few turns a sitting. The only reason I haven't abandoned the game is achievements.

It wouldn't surprise me if at least one of them has to do with cross-platform MP, as the Mac patch came out today.

could be a new civ and a scenario to introduce them. that would explain the relatively high number of new achievements. for example, they could add persia as a new civ, have 1 achievement for winning with them, maybe one more "special circumstance" achievement related to them, and then 10 achievements for playing & winning the scenario. like "Win the Battle of Termopylae scenario at Deity Difficulty" , "Win the Battle of Termopylae scenario as Sparta" etc.

The only reason I haven't abandoned the game is achievements.

Is it really worth pressing next that many times to get the flight slingulator achievement?

I looked at the steam site for the first time this morning to see I have completed about 5 games and played 303 hours.
I love the first 150 turns, the rest just make me turn in my sleep.

I will get the DLC if it includes some decent fixes, otherwise I have so much more to explore and investigate yet I am not sure why I would bother,

Not going to pay to get the game fixed.

In the past, DLC from Firaxis has never contained bug fixes, AI improvements, or anything of the sort. It's always new civs, maps, leaders, and scenarios. Expansions add new major features.

In the past, DLC from Firaxis has never contained bug fixes, AI improvements, or anything of the sort. It's always new civs, maps, leaders, and scenarios. Expansions add new major features.
Don't worry, the argument will then immediately be changed to "paying for content that should have been in the base game". Don't bother engaging ;)

Not going to pay to get the game fixed.

I would probably consider it if such an option existed. Has anyone ever marketed a DLC as "No new features, but look at all these bugs it fixes"?

The DLC will contain new features, some of which will be outright broken, and most of which the AI doesn't know how to use.

One DLC will probably be Poland, and the other better be Persia. Hopefully each DLC will have a bit more meat than in Civ 5. I hope each one will add something to the base game apart from a new Civ, just like the Aztecs come with a wonder.

Firaxis DLC are only additional civs/leaders or maps/scenarios. It won't fix anything. Just milking some more cash.

DLC usually coincide with patches. Even if you don't want to buy it, you can at least be excited for the patch.

I plan to buy any and all Civ/leader DLC because I like to have more variety in choices and opponents.

Were there patches with the Inca&Spain, Korea and/or Babylon DLCs in civ5? I could imagine there was at least one for Inca&Spain, because it was rather big, or was it? When was Wonders of the Ancient World DLC, came that with Babylon?

Jadwiga and Isabella maybe? They pretty much have most of the content in the base game anyway. Always love new Civ/leader, can't wait ^^

I'm not going to lie, they're going to burn quite a bit of good will with me if they release DLC before they address the problems plaguing this game at the moment. I know it's probably that multiple teams work on different aspects and that a team is working on the issues many of us have complained about while another is working independently on DLC, but that doesn't change my stance on the issue.

I understand your sentiments, but I can't blame the company for releasing DLC the week before Christmas. They gotta pay the bills. It only makes sense to release something the week of Christmas.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom