Discussion in 'Civ6 - General Discussions' started by Ravellion, Dec 1, 2016.
Come on people, I need to read some more speculation to keep me excited.
Waiting for the dlc just to see who was right or wrong in this topic. Preparing pop corn. I'm enjoying the game a lot and with the gotm it just makes it more fun.
I want gauntlets !
what is the new dlc going to be? will they be packs based on a region/time age or just random civilization and why did they made two dlc packs available for steam achievements, will they release them simultaneously?
this pack will probably only be released after the aztecs are available in january (end january)
free update: aztec available for everyone
paid: - new scenario
- new civ: inca
- new leader: isabella I of spain
- new civ: maya
- possible: pueblo (probably not), portugal, sioux or a native civ
dlc pack 1?
the one with poland and maybe the ottomans or byzantium as civs.
or the one with persia, babylon and/or byzantines and a new egypt leader
Free digital Popcorn is always good.... But the Dlc should be a coming hopefully a patch as well
My wishes in order of importance:
1. AI fix. The one thing that ruins the experience for the majority of players is the useless AI. Land "combat" is currently a joke and naval combat is non-existant. I'm not expecting miracles and I know AI can't completely simulate an intelligent human player. But an AI with at least reasonable enough logic to pose an actual challenge would turn CivVI from a barely playable shell into a great strategic game.
2. Mod workshop \ tools. I'm not much of a modder myself but currently it is pretty much essential to use mods to create a logical and balanced game. Tech \ civic speed and unit balance (that create "rock\paper\scissors" balance) are the most essential IMO but there are a lot of other good mods that fix things that the developers just don't seem to understand. The mod workshop would let these modders do a lot more. I think most of us agree that the Fall Patch didn't address any main issues. Modders have already improved the game MUCH further than the devs have. If the devs are going to take ages to fix the game, let the community give it a try in the meantime!
3. Bigger maps. Yes, I know there are some very good mods for this but they aren't without their bugs. Maybe my wish number 2 will also grant wish number 3. But this is one feature on which I agree with the cliche that "this should be vanilla". Why have a marathon speed if the largest available map is fully explorable by medieval era? Oh that's right, because (unmodded) you fly through the techs too.
The mod with earth maps with real world starting positions is a great idea for players that like historical accuracy. Personally I would just prefer a ludicrous-sized 2-3 randomly-shaped continents map in vanilla which doesn't crash because I like not knowing the shape of the land, which civs exist and where they are. I do understand why the devs withhold features for DLC but I just hope the DLC includes much bigger sizes for those with PC's that can handle it and not just different land shapes.
4. Persian and Mongolian Civs. It's sad that my top 3 wishes have to be fixes and essential features. Anyway, finally on to some actual BONUS content. I would choose Persia and Mongolia as they were both arguably the most powerful and influential empires in the world during their peaks. Persia especially left a big legacy on future empires.
I'd like to see a different continents map. Continents currently, 9 times out of 10, consists of two continents, extending from the north to the south pole. I'd like to see a map that consists primarily of 3-4 continents, of various shapes and layouts, not all extending north to south, and not blocking off at the poles. Currently, island plates, most of the civs are separated and consists mostly of small to medium islands, with an occasional large land mass. My experience with fractal has been an irregularly shaped Pangaea. I haven't seen a fractal map with actual continents, which is disappointing because I don't remember it that way with CiV.
I would expect there be at least some DLC out before Christmas
Well, I was already surprised that they didn't put out something immediately after release. I somewhat sympathize with them and the potentially diffficult spot this puts them in. Releasing the DLC before some of the more glaring issues have been tackled (AI, UI scaling, crashing that some players experience) will upset a portion of the player base, not releasing DLC will upset other players, and waiting too long causes them to miss out on an admittedly great revenue opportunity. A lot of people will play around Christmas, and the DLC also makes a good gift. (I often end up gifting stuff to friends and colleagues that never gets played, so DLC for a "hot" game like this that everyone is currently playing is a good alternative.)
DLC in time for Chrimbo? Wow who would have thought it
Tbh in some ways the AI shows better value than in Civ 5. the biggest AI problem is ultilizing group attacks and the overwhelmed self preservation .. and diplomacy is outta wack. also and usin districts better needs to be improved since patch they are better at least tech wise.But the bulding dumb cities needa go lol
was getting disappointed about having to pay for DLC during the holiday season till I remembered that I purchased the deluxe version. An emotional trip.
Fully agree with #1 and #2 as top priorities for next patch. In #1 (fix AI) there are two glaring game breaking issues ATM:
- Combat AI: at least make the AI able to DEFEND its cities well, let alone playing good offensively.
- Peace deal: right now AI will give you a quarter of their empire after losing one city even if they are superior in military power. This happens on Deity. Make AI less of a pushover. This should be an easy fix.
PLEASE FIRAXIS HEAR US!
We need a patch to fix the game, and the AI now - not any DLC
Ditto. I wish I hadn't bought the Deluxe edition. Now I'll get DLC for a game I have no intention of playing anymore.
They released a video on Sean Bean's voice acting this morning.
DLC is coming.
I personally just want the mod tools. I couldn't care less if they ever release another patch fixing anything. Modders do a far better job of balancing the game IMO. Even without the mod tools my game is heavily heavily modified and I love it.
I feel like I've even gotten the AI to a decent point with the exception of when I get planes. Its all over for them at that point, but that's pretty much been the case in every Civ title. Build 30 bombers and obliterate them.
What's the connection between this video and the upcoming DLC?
They always spool up their marketing machine in advance of announcements.
Probably just new civ and scenarios . Possibly alternate leaders. we knew this was coming since before launch.
Separate names with a comma.