You know what that means... DLC incoming.

Status
Not open for further replies.
What's the connection between this video and the upcoming DLC?
There is no reason to release a video like this after over a month and a half of silence on their YT channel if there isn't anything more behind it. This and adding Steam achievements for DLCs recently lead to pretty obvious conclusion.

Well there is a DLC 1 and DLC 2 based on the achievements (13 of them)

This video leads me to believe that one dlc will be a leader pack, maybe 4 new leaders for current civs, that would make up 7 achievements, (Leader/units) the other DLC being Poland which have 6 achievements

Sean Bean recording the intro for new civ and new leaders

[

This video leads me to believe that one dlc will be a leader pack, maybe 4 new leaders for current civs, that would make up 7 achievements, (Leader/units) the other DLC being Poland which have 6 achievements

It would be awesome, if it will be so rich DLC. I'm afraid one of them will be boring map pack.

I think one will be Poland + a scenario featuring Poland. That should be good for half the achievements. It might include a Wonder as the Aztecs pack did and additional City-States.

The other I suspect is a map pack. The Deluxe Edition content described map DLC. And since that would be pretty easy to make, and the selection of available maps is currently sparse, it makes sense to put it out now.

I think Isabella will come out when the Aztecs are released to everyone on Jan. 20th with a scenario featuring both. Genoa, Persia etc will follow over the course of next year, with the first expansion coming late spring 2018.
[

It would be awesome, if it will be so rich DLC. I'm afraid one of them will be boring map pack.

I strongly suspect that is the case. Map packs are quick to make compared to civs and leaders. And the current selection of maps could use a boost. The map they released in the first patch was multiplayer, these would probably be single-player.

It could be, but to have 7 achievements or 6 tied to a few maps is unlikey unless there is 7 or 6 new maps
Well, could be a scenario involved... although then the number of achievements might be a bit low again... :p

Here's to hoping they continue to improve the horrible UI:
- not clearly indicating whether techs give you boosts other than new buildings or wonders or units (like +1 production to mines or whatever) --- only way to see is to manually type text in civilopedia or mouseover techs ONLY if they are in list form on the left hand side of screen
- can't even right click picture of the tech in upper left corner to get a full description of the tech
- hopelessly confusing religion-benefits panel in city UI screen, and confusing nature of which benefits you get as Kongo / India
- extremely confusing-as-hell culture-victory everything -- random numbers of suitcases here and there, none of which actually match each other
- clarification on diplo modifiers (that they signal change per turn, not absolute level)
- all the modifier indications which are so extremely opaque --- I don't know why Civ can't just say "+__ from Hanging Gardens" or actually specify the thing that is giving you benefits, rather than the generic stuff
- indication on which GP is coming next if you pass on the current one
- relics disappearing into the ether if you don't have a slot available, can't they just have some "holding pen" in the Great Works screen?
- policy cards screen is a nightmare to navigate with all of the tiny text

Here's to hoping they continue to improve the horrible UI:
- not clearly indicating whether techs give you boosts other than new buildings or wonders or units (like +1 production to mines or whatever) --- only way to see is to manually type text in civilopedia or mouseover techs ONLY if they are in list form on the left hand side of screen
- can't even right click picture of the tech in upper left corner to get a full description of the tech
- hopelessly confusing religion-benefits panel in city UI screen, and confusing nature of which benefits you get as Kongo / India
- extremely confusing-as-hell culture-victory everything -- random numbers of suitcases here and there, none of which actually match each other
- clarification on diplo modifiers (that they signal change per turn, not absolute level)
- all the modifier indications which are so extremely opaque --- I don't know why Civ can't just say "+__ from Hanging Gardens" or actually specify the thing that is giving you benefits, rather than the generic stuff
- indication on which GP is coming next if you pass on the current one
- relics disappearing into the ether if you don't have a slot available, can't they just have some "holding pen" in the Great Works screen?
- policy cards screen is a nightmare to navigate with all of the tiny text

Dont think any of that is a dlc

Dont think any of that is a dlc

I don't either.

It's also why I don't trust Firaxis, whereas back in Civ 4 days I did. These are not honest mistakes. They've played a hand showing us they don't care about this for years, and that comes at the cost of credibility. Why should we trust a firm that doesn't care whether the information it provides is accurate?

At least they're not false advertising like Paradox, but that's a pretty low bar.

Yeah, I know. Just needed to vent somewhere :p

How about somewhere more appropriate? We well and truly know that the AI and UI needs some work; and that some people here are like kids going "are we there yet?" every 3 minutes!! It doesn't help.

Last edited:
well they started to do their Marketing push this week so we can probably expect an announcement soon

I don't think so - but who ever knows??

What could one do with a vanilla release date committed to since months ... delay? ... "we are not ready, we release on X" (with the risk to delay again)?? ... "we are not ready now, we release when it is ready, can't say when"??? ... no possibility, which would be broadly accepted, every 'solution' is not satisfying to a lot of fanatics ... so the situation is as it is.

I understand you (have modded myself since Brian Reynolds opened wide the door with c2). Toying around with the tools, knowing them in & out ... ok, that could work fine ...
But really: finetuning mods of the game, when "it" is obviously not "finished" yet? ...
I think a lot of popular effort would be wasted while working on the current versions, with significant changes in the deciding areas from the official patches ahead ...

I understand, if one despite of this now says "anyway, I want the tools know!" ...
but would understand also, if now (after marketing forced the release date) there would be the ambition to release first an 'OK' or even 'good' AI patch ("when it is ready"), and thereafter 'the modding tools' (maybe simply because they're too in a raw shape yet).

Luckily the DLC stuff is much easier to predict & produce. (But makes me not very excited.)

I'm a little peeved its taken them so long to release the modding tools. Community has done a pretty impressive job making the game better even without them though.

Flaw that bothers me the most with the game right now, and I haven't been able to fix with mods, is how bad the AI is at modern and later eras. Its a struggle to survive on Diety until then but after that I as long as I'm in a half way decent position I just steam roll them.

Does anyone remember how shortly after Civ5 came out, everyone got a free DLC containing Mongolia? Any chance something like that happens again?

Does anyone remember how shortly after Civ5 came out, everyone got a free DLC containing Mongolia? Any chance something like that happens again?

We will get Aztecs for free. They just released it already as a pre-order bonus.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom