You know you're screwed when...

What's the worst situation you've been in?

• Being stuck on an island with five other warmongers.

Votes: 14 41.2%
  • Thinking that Catherine is the least likely to backstab me.

Votes: 4 11.8%
  • Refusing Monty's demands.

Votes: 4 11.8%
  • Other [Post Situation]

Votes: 12 35.3%

• Total voters

Tlc2011

Pixel Cat
1| You have warriors as your only attacker unit in the MODERN ERA.

2| You spawn right next to: "Ohai Monty why doz you has a sp--*stabbed*"

3| Above, but with any warmonger. "SHAKA WANT YOUR CAPITAL" "No." "YES!"

4| You have three warmongers blocking you into the smallest part of the continent.

5| You have four warmongers blocking you into the center of the continent. At war.

6| The entire CONTINENT is warmongers.

7| You think Boudica looks good. *Actually that's a hint you've been playing CIV too much*

That's all i can think of. What's your clues that you're screwed?

You know your screwed when you (Alex) and your lone Vassal (Boudica) get declared on by Genghis, Hammy, Monty, Rags, Shaka, Stalin, Toku, Izzy, Julius, Mao, Napoleon, Pacal, Saladin, Sitting Bull, and Sury in the same turn. This happening not due to the AP but because 5 or so turns prior you declared on Zara and thanks to him bribing everyone + you being hated by most due to poor diplo skills + most everyone above being a warmonger and + because Shaka, Monty, Sitting Bull, Toku, and Rags, have vassalized most everyone else with only you, your vassal, Zara, Saladin, and Genghis still being independent.
And to top it off this is a Pangaea map so everyone can just happily march right on to you.

Thinking that Catherine is the least likely to backstab me.

A continent of idiot warmongers = easy to manipulate. The worst is when there's a wimp like Gandhi or Mansa Musa who decides the game winner by peace vassaling. :mad:

Mansa and Shaka are on a distant continent together. If Shaka doesn't kill you himself, Mansa will win Culture with Shaka's protection.

You're on a continent with four warmongers and one of them builds the AP in a religion you don't have but everybody else does.

Cathy isn't so bad. She isn't that hard to vassalize and doesn't have a high UnitProb.

Once, in the Dying Heroes mod,
because *and ONLY because* of me having a Chuck Norris Unit,
She capitulated. This was ten seconds after meeting her for the first time.
Awesome right

You are screwed when you find out that building lots of cottages didn't help fighting the overpopulation of cities.

What's an UnitProb by the way?

In my recent game i (Willem) am on an island with Shaka, Augustus, Ragnar, Napoleon, Monty and Qin (was wiped by Monty). When you dodge early dows you can manipulate them like theres no tomorrow. Even if not the tech speed is so slow that you can defend easily with tech superiority/parity. Very funny game btw :)

unit probability, which is basically what it sounds like.

Specifically the probability to build a military unit rather than something else. It is a good indication of how many troops the AI is going to have on hand.

Recently, on the same DyingHeroes mod,
I built Wolverine, Chuck Norris, AND CA *Captain America* and STILL
lost a war. >_>

Latest OCC game: took 3 steps with my starting warrior, saw Shaka's yellow border, back to main menu.

1|

4| You have three warmongers blocking you into the smallest part of the continent.

This happens to me a lot. Surrounded and face to face with the crazy bastards.
I doubt this is accidental. How many times have I found out that my next door neighbor is one of the classic nut cases? You code guys know if that's true.

You have to be friendly early but seriously, those guys? It's like having back stabbing SOB's right from the start. Sometimes I play one of the nuts just to not be faced by him in the game.

Currently playing Shaka. I'm about to quit the game because I've killed everybody worth killing and the rest of the game is just not worth playing.
Gonna have to go up in difficulty. Thanks you guys for all your help.

I'm not kidding. These forums have been a lot of help. Thank you guys (and girls).

:bump:
Just because i want this thread
to live. It's my first thread anyway :/

Finding out Shaka was my nearest neighbour, right next to me. I quit after I found that out.

If Shaka is very close, you want to go after AH or BW and take him out. Last time Shaka introduced himself at turn2 I found Copper in my BFC. A game without Shaka after 2500BC.

OTOH, if you are pursuing a non-military victory and can keep Shaka happy, he can protect you from the rest. I recall one game where I played as Ghandi for a culture victory. I gave my next door neighbor, Shaka, everything that he asked for. He was mostly Friendly and always at least Pleased. He wiped out the other war mongers on our continent while I built up culture. He even "forgave" me for flipping two of his cities. ;)

Top Bottom