You know you've been in the demogame to long when...

Strider

In Retrospect
Digging around inside of the archives, I found this great thread. I'm carrying over the posts from that thread over here, and lets see how many more we can get ;).

Chieftess
1 - You say that Rome founded a city on Lake Asphinxia in your Latin class (DG3)

2 - You think that the capital of Kashmir was Tlaxcala (DG1)

3 - In your World History class, you say Persia conquered America and Egypt. (DG1)

4 - You watched the war on Iraq, and think, "Hey, we need an Information Advisor!"

5 - You watched the war on Iraq, and think why they just didn't head straight for Babylon like in DG2 (DG2)

6 - In World History, you call Rome, Fanatica (DG3)

7 - You see someone with the title PI, and think "Public Investigation"
From Stuck_As_A_Mac
8) You correct anyone who says SPQR. Any sensible person should know its SPQF (3)

9) You wonder why you have to sit through Latin Class when you KNOW that the founders of Rome all spoke English. (3)

10) Rome wasnt the Urbus Eternae, that title is Noshuret's. (3)

11) You want to speak out against the rapid anihiliation of our neighbors, but you're affraid that Chieftess's Panzers may get you (2)

12) You can travel the entire world in the course of less then a year (2)

13) While watching Iraqi War coverage you asked, "Why not just cut off their supplies and Blitz Babaylon" (2)

14) You believe that the Persians had a difficult time choosing between going to Alpha Centauri and staying on earth to conqure it culturaly (1)

15) You believe it is possible for a Penguin to stand trial (and win, too ) (2)
Eklektikos
16) You post damnfool demogame nostalgia threads at the least provocation
CivGeneral
17.) You start to think that the Elections in RL (Both Politics and Student Government) are invalid due because they dont have an Abstain option (All)

18.) You start to wonder if Homer Simpson has a secret life in the demogame (All)
Rik_Meleet
19) You study Roman's city-layout and wonder: "Why couldn't I vote on this dotmap ?"

20) You shout out in class: It's not shaped like a boot !

21) Gauls ? What Gauls ?
Stuck
22) Abraham Lincon and Cleopatra are enemies of yours (1,3)

23) You can calculate time zone differences in your head
From AlmightyJosh
37. You rank the Battle of Liittle Bighorn and the sacking of PDX as comperable historical events. (DG1)

38. You get upset when your parents won't give you some wine in exchange for a map of your room and a note from your little brother. (all)

39. You put 'the writings of Ehecatl Atzin' as a reference in your classical history essay. (DG1)

40. You go to vote at a federal election and wonder why Cheiftess isn't running for Pres this term. (DG1, DG2, DG3, DG4)
Falcon02
48 - You say World War I wasn't the first global war, it was actually the Domino War, which the Babylonians started, but barely even participated in. (DG1)

49 - You actually ask Falcon for one of those shirts he advertises in his Signature (DG1)

50 - In your American Government class you wonder why Cabinet members don't have chat reps. Esp. for meetings held by Shaitan (ALL)]

51 - In Greek History when you hear of Delphi you inform the class Disorganizer and his Rebels. (DG1)

52 - In History class the Civil War is mentioned you inform the class that the different sides of the conflict were the IDA vs. the MA and the Western Provinces vs. Disorganizer.

53 - Your brother consistantly tells you you play too much Civ III when you tell him of your Demogame Adventures.

54 - When you start telling your friends your age in Demogame Years... Trying to get Senior Benefits for being thousands of years old...
Cyc
84) You can't remember what hot tea from the microwave or warm toast from the toaster are like because everytime you start them there are those free moments where you wind up wandering back to the Demogame and staying there until the tea and toast are both cold... (DG1, 2, & 3)

I'll add some of my own later... gotta think of some first.

57- When your willing to start a civil war over whos jet is more powerful (DG1)

58- When you can remember most of the mods, before they were mods.

59- If you actually know what half of the list in the first post means.

60- You honor someone by giving them an Oakleaf. (DG1, DG2, DG3)

Top Bottom