You made a promise to stop buying land near them, and then broke it!

Artifex1

Warlord
I never promised Arabia!!!!

I told them to shove it!!! and my affairs are none of their business!

I even took a hit for several turns because of it!!

Then at turn 100 they contact me saying I broke my promise not to buy land.

WHAT... THE... !!!!

I guess this is a bug and has ruined a very promising game? This game was looking soooo good.

:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

So due to a bug you get a single diplomatic penalty with a single civilization. Not quite sure how it "ruins" an entire game?

Yeah, it is bugged. I've seen it happen this exact same way twice. And once it starts it never goes away...every 50 turns when the promise is kept it resets and becomes fresh in my experience...so that civ will always like you a little less now. Luckily, this particular promise is weighted less...I was able to keep friendship anyway...I looked it up...for some reason the hit is only 15 and only lasts 50 turns if I recall.

Does this matter so much if you're at war? :p I am not 100% sure but I am pretty sure it would be better to be at war and spam a few tiles and you can go around it...not that you're making a better friend this way!

Up your difficulty level and it will be the least of your worries :)

Well, even if you up the difficulty level, this bug still appears on deity. It is annoying as hell as you get a double penalty for ignoring and breaking promise for no reason. It can make them pissed off and invite a DoW or their citadel bombing you.

When this happens, I just tell them to deal with it.

When this happens, I just tell them to deal with it.
Per OP, that is what triggers the bug!

I always cave, it is not a big deal. It is pretty predictable too. So if I think a single tile purchase will trigger the demand, then I save up and buy four tiles. Stupid AI!

Top Bottom