Votes: 3 16.7%
  • I'm a Warmonger who care's about culture

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don't care

Votes: 1 5.6%

• Total voters

Dutchman

consul
I'm in a game right now were I'm going for a Cultural victory! Now I can see my total culture and my culture per city, but what I'm missing is a total adup bar at the bottem of your cultural advisor screen so you can see how many points of culture you generate per turn!:(

You can do it empirically -- just check the total in the advisor (F5) before you go to your next turn, and write down the number (or enter it into CALC.exe). Next turn when you get a chance, go back to the advisor and see how much it has changed.

You can predict it already, but it would require you manually add up every city... which makes for sucky micromanagement!. Having the per-turn totaled up already would be very nice. Also, if it showed somehow the "war penalty" that would be very good also.

Have an easy way to compare per-turn with the other cultures would be too much to ask I'm sure... you can do an estimate using the score screen...

Cheers,
Shawn

Letting us know how to win the game we're playing is high on my list. Including a culture & domination calculation somewhere would greatly enhance the enjoyability of this fine game.

eesh, I feel I've said this enough to qualify this as a rant. :eek: Alright, I can be quiet.

Actually, I disagree completely. I prefer the game to remain vague (I'm serious!). Think about it - in the real-world, culture is something you measure with a number - its entirely subjective. Sure this is a game and has to use something more objective, but I just prefer that its kept 'mysterious'. You all know the sort of things you need to do to increase your cultural rating - but lets not become a bunch of number chasers.

I can make a similar comment about people trying to pin down the calculations used at various points in the AI (for instance to avoid culture flipping). Again, I'd prefer to know the broad metrics used - not the formulas. Don't you think it would make for a less interesting game if you had a pop-up saying 'You need to increase your culture rating by 5 pts to avoid losing this city'.? I do.

Attached a pic from 8-bit Theater that says it all. Just replace Thac0 with Culture per Turn.

It's all in the dice...

Attachments

• thac0talk.gif
    thac0talk.gif
    12.5 KB · Views: 275
Top Bottom