"You sick?" "I guess so. Who knows?"

jUmpSt0p

Prince
"You sick?"
"I guess so. Who knows?"

okay, I promise this is ON TOPIC. I will explain further, but first I want to see if anyone else knows what I'm talking about.

Well I'm sure you don't have to worry about going off topic seeing as how it's your own topic, but go ahead. Enlighten me.

every single time you open a City Screen in Civ 4, you hear this.

there is a sample that plays when you open a city screen. sounds like people murmuring... it's part of the sound effects for a city.

so, you've probably heard it thousands of times.
well, that's what it says.

first murmur = "You sick?"
second murmur = "I guess so. Who knows?"

edit: and by on topic I meant on the Civ 4 board..

it's more clear in Early Eras, when there are fewer buildings making sound effects

I have heard that there are sounds in the city that help you.

One of the more popular ones that people say they have heard is if you have a great prophet or regular prophet (not sure if it matters) in you city, and an AI is going to attack, you can hear the prophet warning the people about a war.

I have never heard it, but I have to admit that I rarely play with the sound on.

I don't know, but I think my computer runs faster with the sound disabled on the game. lol

I have heard that there are sounds in the city that help you.

One of the more popular ones that people say they have heard is if you have a great prophet or regular prophet (not sure if it matters) in you city, and an AI is going to attack, you can hear the prophet warning the people about a war.

I have never heard it, but I have to admit that I rarely play with the sound on.

I don't know, but I think my computer runs faster with the sound disabled on the game. lol

Maybe it reacts to the WHEOOHRN message that AIs give (the thing that makes the fist icon appear in BUG).

no no.. it's just part of the regular background noise on the city screen.. (I don't have BUG)

in early Eras, it plays like EVERY time you open a city screen.. sounds like 2 guys murmuring. and if you are scrolling through cities, it will continue to play every 20-30 seconds.

I swear that's what they are saying!!

no no.. it's just part of the regular background noise on the city screen.. (I don't have BUG)

in early Eras, it plays like EVERY time you open a city screen.. sounds like 2 guys murmuring. and if you are scrolling through cities, it will continue to play every 20-30 seconds.

I swear that's what they are saying!!

No no, I mean when an AI refuses to go to war for you because WHEOOHRN, the sound plays, and the trigger for this sound is the same trigger that, with BUG installed, causes the fist to show up.

^err.. not sure what that means =\

I've seen this WHEOOHRN before... but don't know what it means yet

WHEOOHRN = We have enough on our hands right now [i.e. with YOU!]

"We Have Enough On Our Hands Right Now" --- response to asking for a military alliance against someone... it's a sure sign that they're in a military buildup, and the target might be you!

It's so useful that people tend to check for it on the diplomacy screen, and some MODS like BUG/BAT make it easier by showing you an icon on the scoreboard.

I never noticed that it triggered prophets to yell! That's nifty.

"We Have Enough On Our Hands Right Now" --- response to asking for a military alliance against someone... it's a sure sign that they're in a military buildup, and the target might be you!

It's so useful that people tend to check for it on the diplomacy screen, and some MODS like BUG/BAT make it easier by showing you an icon on the scoreboard.

I never noticed that it triggered prophets to yell! That's nifty.

I said it might be what causes the prophets to yell.

I always thought it sounded more like...

"Is this it?"
"I guess so."

And yes, I knew exactly what you meant when I read the thread title. :)

Top Bottom