'You sunk my battleship!' moments!

China refused to give me FURS !!!
I was at war with 3 civs and -10 happiness, I was willing to give her up to 5 resources and +++ gold for the damn furs, but she was like UNFAIR TRADE.
I don't usually pick on the weak (she was like chu-ko-nu and I was artillery), but this time she had to go...she just had to... :c5razing:

Some awesome stories here....keep'em coming :D

I was playing as Mongols, and had a Keshik with EVERY PROMOTION AVAILABLE TO THEM. Like, the only thing I could do was heal instantly. It was destroyed in one turn by Oda. Needless to say afterwards I conquered five of his cities in one turn.

AI Workers drive me nuts from time to time.

If I have to watch nearly EVERY SINGLE TURN a AI worker enters my land and moves back afterwoods (mostly later in the game).

Step 1: "Do you want a picture?"
Step 2: "The FKK beach is on the otherside of the map, idiot!"
Step 3: "If I only could cancel the open border agrement"
Step 4: War!

If I lose a unit to barbs, every barbarian within a five tile radius is destroyed and hunted mercilessly, if it was a civie 10 tiles, if it was a city I will slaughter every barbarian for twenty tiles in every direction!:c5angry:

This is standard procedure for all of my civ games.

Also I once had an enemy sneak through a territory that my German "allies" SHOULD have been defending and raze a new city, the city was never gonna be much good but THEY RAZED IT!!!:mad::mad: So I razed every last one of their cities to the ground (would've razed the capital too if I could).

You know... now that you mention it, same thing happened in cIV AND IT WAS ALSO THE GERMANS FAULT. I have do go make some DoWs now.

The only time i lost against the Ai was when Ghandi won. So i start a new game and on turn 2 I meet ghandi!! Before 1500B.C ghandi was wiped out :)

I rolled a random game (random map/leader, standard speed, standard map size) and landed Ghandi - immediately deciding to take my first real run at a Cultural victory. Started out my coastal capital, explored a little and found an aggressive Askia very close - along with Arabia. Having established city #2 (production) and having had Askia laugh at my military 'might' I stepped up a notch when i found iron, and went at him with swords/archers. He was quickly wiped out, and puppeted, along with the Arabs too. So far so good, with my capital growing like crazy and a Trade-Post strewn 'continent' thanks to the numerous worker captured.

For some reason I never got around to fully exploring via land, but had sent a trireme out (nothing beyond that as I was focussing on Culture Building overkill, and a decent defensive army). It was late in the day then, when I finally realised that I was on the Americas map (and had bascially taken total control of North America) and that the south was shared between 4 or 5 Civs with Alexander dominating (it was only when I teched satellites that I would realise that France were also in the game, and of a decent size, but by then my 'moment' had come and gone)

Having established that it was the Americas map I decided to send a force down the landbridge to block off Alex's potential to expand northwards - and I discovered that Siam had kindly built a city right around Panama. I declared and took it off them, quickly establishing it as a giant fort (complete with GG stronghold, doubtle artillery, etc). I was happy to leave it at that, and concentrate on my cultural win, but Alex had other ideas, and bought off all of my CS allies a turn or two before DOW - including two of the three in my northern continent (seriously, he had around 15k gold in the reserves and I lost 4 allied CS in a turn!)

From my 'Panama' base I was able to see his nearest two cities, and effectively stop anything from surviving more than a turn in their vicinity. Eventually he offered peace, which I took but with a plan in mind. To be fair victory was all but assured, but my income was huge (something like 300 GPT out of GA - and I was in almost a perpetual GA chain by then - and around 13k in reserve at that time from chain selling luxuries to all of the underdogs) and I had nowhere to focus it....

...so, with 5 turns until my final policy pop, having built and rebased two nukes, I DOWed on Alex and proceeded to nuke his cities and bombard anything within sight, once the Utopia Project was underway I annexed 'Panama' and spent 14 turns buying a Nuke plus 5-10 guided missiles every turn, and launching one after another into any patch of revealed map I could see, whilst also dumping 4 destroyers and 2 SAM sites for his suicide fighter raids... just for giggles.

there was this one game napoleon was really irritating me. it started with little comments when he would insult my happiness or culture like "what do your people do all day beat rocks together for fun?" ok, i laughed little comments like that off with a "very well". then he started expanding like crazy, we were on the same continent, and i swear it was like every other turn a new city sprung up from him. all still minor stuff, until he placed a city next to the only iron resource in my vicinity. when he and his lapdog monty denounced and then later declared war on me that was the final straw. Me and wu split up his empire. what a relief it was to get rid of him, he was a nuisance to all other civs on that continent save monty who didnt have the kind of military to oppose him.

oh and did i mention he beat me to great library...which is of course unforgivable.

One game on deity pangäa...china dow(just for fun, and there where on the other side of map) to me and two allied cs take one turn later 2 of my cities, and my only ironmine. The ai steal my cities and i go crazy.

Had a game with Arabia in December that I decided to load up again.

Archipelago, Huge on Prince.

So I spawn next to a desert and as I look around the surrounding area I find Helsinki to my south and a stretch of land leading West... Into Belgrade, then the stretch of land leads north into a massive continent holding America and the Aztecs. So around the 1500, I had fortified the one chock point leading into my nation, then Washington thinks its a good idea to pop Los Angeles up a bit south of me...

Then Washington DOW'ed Belgrade and Helsinki, that I was allied with... So a war came out of that where the Americans captured Belgrade and I captured Los Angeles, liberated Belgrade
and was constantly allied to Belgrade and Helsinki from them on.

So I had spawned on the northern hemisphere, and the Russians had spawn on the southern hemisphere. Then they choose to ally them self with Helsinki and telling me to back off..

Oh, Katherine I will some capture 4 of you cities!

I place my city of Yamana on a island next to the continent that America (and the now extinct Aztecs) live on, since there is a massive deposit of aluminum there. I place it right smack in the middle of the island and suddenly Katherine places 3 cities around it...

I once had an India game with an archer that had been upgraded via ruins from a scout, which had already taken down some barbs and gotten the epic scout promotions before becoming an archer. This guy was the Queen of my chess army, moving around and laying utter waste to anything in his 3 sight, 3 range, 2 attacks radius, and nothing could stop his fury because you could never outrun him, he had all the barrage promotions (~65% extra str vs. guys in cover terrain) and 25% extra damage to fortified units. In fact I preferred that they try to hide and heal up!

I think he was a crossbowman by the time I got around to conquering Greece, but then something terrible happened. I move my longswordsman just outside of the city's attack radius, to prepare for a bumrush when the rest of the troops arrive. Suddenly, he gets peppered twice by a garrison I can't even see, and I realise, holy... stinkers , that bastard Greece ALSO has a fully upgraded crossbowman/scout.

So I'm determined to crush this city and its defender, even if it takes the sacrifice of a few brave longswords to do it. I move all my troops in range, losing one longsword before we even begin the attacks. Suddenly, Greece's queen piece switches targets and nukes the crap out of my own, then a knight using a road swooped in and finished him off.

GREHGSEUGHRGE nothing survived to show that the Greek empire ever existed; I pillaged every single tile and razed every city, we even pillaged the roads and killed the younglings. In retrospect I should've kept one of his weakest cities alive and denounced him for the rest of the game, demanded all his GPT and perma-siege his city, keeping it forever at red hp.

nothing survived to show that the Greek empire ever existed; I pillaged every single tile and razed every city, we even pillaged the roads and killed the younglings.
I'll admit I've done this before. :mwaha: It leaves me with an immense feeling of success. :mischief:

JaGarLo - ''Hey, the Notre Dame is going to be finished in the next turn! Awesome! Now my people will be happy again!''

(Click on next turn)

Info - ''Someone has completed the Notre Dame in a far away land!''

JaGarLo's reaction - ''That sucks! Nah, let's build another thing...''

JaGarLo's mind - ''FFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU------''

What do you want to know what is worse of this? That I knew it was going to happen. :(

In my last game, playing as Alexander on a random continent world, I bordered Kamehameha and (once she ate up most of the Mongol Empire) Isabella, with Bismarck and Genghis Khan's remaining colonies over on the other side of the continent.

Modern age, and Bismarck invades the former Mongol territories, just rolling right over poor Isabella with Panzers vs. riflemen (think I even saw a cavalry unit, too). She loses one city nearly instantly, then another, and two more are under siege. I've been friends with Spain for a long time, so this kind of annoys me, plus I much prefer Isabella to Bismarck as a neighbor. So I launch a counter-attack using Isabella's open borders, sending in my tanks, mechanized infantry, artillery, and helicopter gunships. I smash into Bismarck's besieging force from the flank to rescue one city, then retake the two lost cities - reducing the defenses for Isabella's unit to retake one, and capturing the other and gifting it back to Spain (I didn't want either city for myself, my little empire was chugging along just fine). At some point in here Bismarck offers a peace treaty but no terms, so I tell him to go to hell.

By then I'd upgraded to modern armor, plus built another gunship and some more mech infantry, plus spawned a legendary general, so I had my army ready at the edge of Germany proper when Bismarck comes back and offers me pretty much everything he has for a peace treaty. Since I'd achieved my goal of throwing back his invasion, I made the peace -- I knew he'd be causing problems again as soon as his military recovered, but being on the other side of the continent, he wasn't really my problem anyway.

As it turned out, that might have been a mistake, because I built the UN and was going for a diplomatic win and my biggest competitor for city-states turned out to be Bismarck! Until he launched another invasion of Spain and ran out of gold to compete with me ... by this point I was so close to winning I didn't counter-invade again. It wasn't going well for Isabella again, she'd barely made any progress on modernizing her military.

Maybe is because im Catalan, but I can not stand Isabel

After about 150 turns in "good relations "with research agreements, open borders, etc ... As always, it begins to demand money, etc ... In exchange for nothing, of course, I said no and then she declared war.

After destroying the troops she had around my continent (North America) started my progress through Mexico en route to their lands (south america) the problem came when the other civilizations declared war on me for not accepting any of its treaties peace.

But is that once you start a war with Spain, it's hard to stop without razing Madrid

Go Aragon :)
But didn't Aragon have an union with Castille?

Yep, when we were together but not the same, things went fine, we keep our laws, language, traditions, etc...

Then arrive the "succession war" and the Borbons, we, catalonians, suport the "Archduke Charles" (was easy, he will respect our laws, etc...) and we were betrayed by France and other European countries, the sold parts of my country (without asking to us) and began our penitence. :(

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/War_of_the_Spanish_Succession

So, we really "appreciate" Philip V, little bastard :mad:

Since then, every Spanish dictatorship try to eliminate our language, etc... But we are "stubborn as a mule" :p

P.D. Sorry about the Offtopic, but it is a subject on which I can hardly keep quiet :p

My story: (Complete with excessive smilies)
This was played a while ago on Settler (I was learning how to play :blush:)

I was Catherine and allied to a city state next to me. I was bordered by Monty (we can now see where this is going). Monty attacked my city state :help:.
My Response:
1) Pledge to protect city-state :pat:
2) Demand Monty make peace. :twitch:
Monty Refused.
3) Declare War on Monty:trouble:.
4) Conquer the Aztec Empire! :mwaha:.

I had just gotten the citizenship social plicy which gives me a free worker. When i moved said worker up to pasture some horses, the computer didnt tell me Id send them next to some barbs. This ticked me off, because all my units were off fighting polynesia. The worker was captured and the barbs proceded to...walk around and get shot to death by my cities:wallbash: I then promptly sent a rushed unit to recapture the undefended worker

Wow. :dubious: That's pretty shocking. I think had the Germans get Patton once, but that's just amazing.

Top Bottom