You Won! Now to spend it...

If you won $5,000, what would you do with it?

• Total voters
Penny stocks and crypto are a total waste of money; you would have better results giving the money to homeless people. Tracker funds based on a large array of stocks would be a good choice. In the US the S&P 500 tracks 500 companies in a single fund. You have a long time horizon so 100% into stocks is OK.

My dad made about ~40,000 off of Crypto, just by mining a little on the side, not even committing to it fully. starting investment was only in the hundreds. so yeah, you can clearly get rich off of both those things, but they're probably not the safest, nor the most worthwhile investments.

I bought some crypto at one point, too. saw it rise by 300$ in 2 days and lost my mind over it. saw it dropping and then sold instantly. a market like that is just too scary to me.

My dad made about ~40,000 off of Crypto, just by mining a little on the side, not even committing to it fully. starting investment was only in the hundreds. so yeah, you can clearly get rich off of both those things, but they're probably not the safest, nor the most worthwhile investments.

I bought some crypto at one point, too. saw it rise by 300$ in 2 days and lost my mind over it. saw it dropping and then sold instantly. a market like that is just too scary to me.
Good going by your dad! Mining was probably safer than buying, especially if he did it in 2017. All of the various crypto currencies are inherently speculative and very risky. Some folks enjoy the wild rides up and down. My risk tolerance is not that high.

Good going by your dad! Mining was probably safer than buying, especially if he did it in 2017. All of the various crypto currencies are inherently speculative and very risky. Some folks enjoy the wild rides up and down. My risk tolerance is not that high.

Neither is mine (but only when it comes to money), and I also don't tend to gamble. I stick with Ferocitus' truth, that is my kind of addiction :lol:

Top Bottom