Your 2.5 can beat up your 2.62.

Crusis

Warlord
I love 2.62. It hates me.

I always play Snail on a Huge map. Any bigger on the map and the AI turns get too long.

2.62 will run for anywhere from 500-1000 turns, then it crashes.

2.5 runs completely stable from start to finish.

If you can tell me what information you need from me that might help you, I will gladly post up any logs, dxdiags, etc. I still have both set up to run, the new version is just called Rise of Mankind262 so it's ready to go. I just hate playing those 1000 turns on a game I know isn't going to get finished, but I'll do it for the team. :)

BTW, I'd like to thank you for the best damn modpack in existence. I can't play unmodded Civ anymore, and this is mod I use 90%+ of the time.

If I have to stick with 2.5 I will, it's fine work, but 2.62 has some interesting features. I like the limits on ships and workboats at the start. The volume on the Kemetism thing needs toned down, btw. Oh, and Kemetism is a modern creation, Amun-Ra is the ancient one. Kemetism was created in the United States in the 1970's by some interesting individuals. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kemetism

Regardless, awesome work!

I'll check back tomorrow to see if you have any info requests.

cr0ws

Prince
Rise of Mankind 2.63 WoC Lite works far better than 2.62 for me. I made it all the way to the future era without a single CTD although I still got the waiting turn bug later on.:(

generalstaff

Steadfast
I always play Snail on a Huge map. Any bigger on the map and the AI turns get too long.

2.62 will run for anywhere from 500-1000 turns, then it crashes.

2.5 runs completely stable from start to finish.

If you can tell me what information you need from me that might help you, I will gladly post up any logs, dxdiags, etc. I still have both set up to run, the new version is just called Rise of Mankind262 so it's ready to go. I just hate playing those 1000 turns on a game I know isn't going to get finished, but I'll do it for the team. :)

A quick, half-assed, fix is playing on a smaller map or getting a better computer. 2.62 on a large map started out fine for me, but when the world got carved up by everybody, it started to slow down due to the number of units, cities, etc.

If I have to stick with 2.5 I will, it's fine work, but 2.62 has some interesting features. I like the limits on ships and workboats at the start. The volume on the Kemetism thing needs toned down, btw. Oh, and Kemetism is a modern creation, Amun-Ra is the ancient one. Kemetism was created in the United States in the 1970's by some interesting individuals. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kemetism

Very interesting.

My verdict:
I prefer 2.62 due to a few balancing issues, graphics changes, and other things like that, however, I agree with your suggestion on the Egyptian Religion.

Top Bottom