Your 2 favorite cultures of history

daft

The fargone
Perhaps I did not write in the title properly. Hoping to read opinions about your favorite culture (as a nation or a group of nations of common origin).
There are several possible choices, like:
Germanic, Slavic, Hellenistic(Greek), Latin(Roman), Chinese, Japanese, Mesoamerican (including Aztecs and Mayas), Indian, Mesopotamian, Persian, African, Middle Eastern (or Semitic), Amerindian ( Native North American), French, Iberian, Dutch, British, and many others.
I was going to write this up as a poll, but not sure if it would garner much attention.

My favorite 2 cultures are:
Hellenistic and Scandinavian (Norse).

I didn't realize WH had turned into buzzfeed.

You'd think with the circlejerk it'd be tumblr instead of buzzfeed, but what do you know?

Greater Polish culture and Lesser Polish culture.

Right now, I'm going to say Eastern Woodlands Indians and colonial-era Americans. Leastways, those are the two sets of people I'm going to spend the next year studying as a result of some perhaps ill-considered class-choices, so I'd better learn to like them.

(They really are fascinating, though, both apart and together. The whole period of colonial America is fascinating, just watching people trying to figure out what to make of a very fluid world and their place in it. It really should be of more interest to CFC than it is, because it brings a lot of our favourite concerns re: the relative significant of individuals and structures is brought into very sharp relief. Not that I'm going to complain, mind you, because it gives me an outside chance of becoming a Resident Expert on something, which we all must admit is our secret, burning ambition.)

Is this favorite to live in or favorite to read about?

Read about: China and India. Exotic (from my POV, at least), colorful, varied, long, deep histories, great food.

Live in: Modern NA. Western Europe ... if I had to pick a country ... Germany. They seem to game a lot.

Top Bottom