Your 3 Fav civs this far?

England- spy + longbowman so far the best that i know to turn table against deity AI, for me this civ is far on top of ALL others
Egypt- easy to grab wonder as well TONS of happiness
Babylon- knowledge is power, that's it

Netherlands - Swimming in money and having humongously-sized cities, as well as one of the strongest navies in the game, what's not to love?
Arabia - Swimming in money and having more oil then anyone else, as well as one of the strongest land units in the game, what's not to love?
Spain - Swimming in money and having amazing wonders, as well as the best non-ranged land unit in the game, what's not to love?

I may have a liking for civs that tend to have a lot of cash in their coffers. Huh.

In no particular order
-Japan
You get iron, you win.
-Persia
The amazing golden ages are extremely fun.
-Zulu
The war-faring bonuses and upgrades were just what I wanted in a civilization.

1. Portugal - Even though I've only had them for a few hours, their unique improvement (providing you have city states in the game), means that late game will have no shortage of luxuries/happiness to satisfy your empire. The Nau (Caravel) is ok, I could wish for some more though. I also do like the trade bonus.

2. Babylon - The great scientist early on would always give me an amazing edge early in terms of literacy.

3. Arabia - The double oil is nice, but the bazaar's extra gold and double luxuries really lets your money take off after currency.

I can only pick three??? What gives? :)
If I had to choose, I would say
1. Korea- I've played them more than anyone else, mostly because I enjoy playing science, but also because I enjoy this game's asian soundtrack and Sejong is too much of a BAMF.
2. Inca- You can work wonders with the terrace farm on 3Bill maps, but I also enjoy the real world culture of the Inca.
3. The Iroquois- They're soooo cool and interesting. Plus I love using them for domination on wet maps.

England: their advantage is really well spread out, with something unique on offer from medieval to the end of the game, making them a really fun civ to play. Also I like making up city names for England, so that's bonus.

Carthage: I just think they have a lot of flavor to them, at least in the early game. Also I love the colour scheme.

Austria: such a great ability! I really like playing a OCC with them and going for a domination/culture victory.

Aztecs - I love the cultural bonuses you can get hunting barbarians and if you're lacking cultural city states or need to expand rapidly you can always go warmongering and utilise the extra health you generate when killing units.

Incans - Great for gold generation and I love being able to move quickly across the hills. I like playing these for science victories amongst other strategies.

Babylon - A tough one as I also like Darius, China and many others but the bowmen and science benefits are a great combination.

Russia- for being a production powerhouse when surrounded by strategic resources.

England- for their UU and that 1 extra spy.

Austria- I like them because of their UA, it is just so good.

Pacal/Maya - great all round civ, IMO the most flexible/powerful there is in the game.. they can win from nearly any start.

Attila/Huns - for a domination game, nobody can really compete with them in the Ancient and Classical eras

Elizabeth/England - for a domination game, they are the boss of the Medieval era on land and the Renaissance era at sea

So far I've been playing Prince and I have not played near all the civs but my favs are:

Siam: Once you have allied with a bunch of city states and combined your UA with Patronage you are pretty much unstoppable, culture, gold, food, SCIENCE, DIPLOMACY...nothing can stop you.

England: I like to load up a large islands map and just dominate all thing maritime. So many port cities to puppet!

Japan: Just so nasty on the battlefield

India was a close runner up, and I like the shoshone thus far/they would have been real nasty if I had chosen a better map for them.

Venice - I've had a lot of luck with bringing in ludicrous amounts of gold with them (last game I won a diplo victory, raking in over 1,000 GPT w/o golden age.
Persia - Golden Age wars are awesome, what with moving, setting up, and launching a catapult in one turn. Also, their UU is a fav of mine.
Rome - I've got a fascination for Roman history.

I'll do a variation on the question: "My favorite three civs - 1 from each expansion"

Vanilla/DLC
Polynesia. Love the water game.
Wayfinding really sets you free, as exploring without limitations is so fun. Defensive perk is a nice touch.
Maori Warrior is great and gets you to clean up barb camps quicker.
Moai is simply awesome, particularly when you can manage to sustain food/production and rake in culture chains - when that happens there is no stopping you.

G&K
Carthage. Really love the water game.
Phoenician Heritage mountains perk makes playing her so fun, but the free harbors is where it's at and can be a difference maker.
Quinquereme is a very strong vessel that gives you the option to take down a coastal neighbor before they even know what hit them that early in the game.
African Forest Elephant is just great. More expensive? Less movement? Totally worth it for the Feared Elephant bonus, extra strength and you earn GG's faster

BNW
Indonesia. I only just realized how often I play the water game.
Spice Islanders is powerful. Instant happiness, base gold, and trade gold just for settling on another island. Nowhere to settle? Feeling like domination? Allegedly you can also get the unique luxury resource just by taking over someone.
Kris Swordsman give some of the best promotions in the game. Random effect makes it fun and forces you to think your strategies.
Candi allows you to roll in faith, especially later in the game when foreign religions exert more pressure, but also in the beginning with the base faith it provides.

These are three civs that really force a different playstyle and create a unique experience every single time you play each of them. Best of all, the perks they all get are very solid with the only limitation being that they fare better on archipelago, small continents, large islands, etc.

Polynesia- too much to love!
France- the ancien Regime will never fall! (Until Napoleon)
Etheopia

Babylon #1 forever.
Walls o'Babylon are just OP, they give you more HP than walls+castle combined... best early game science pushers... bowmen are like cbows, I barely upgrade them until almost into medieval...

Korea gets #2 due to Hwach'a/Turtle/beakers OPness.

Last slot I'm torn between England / Arabia / Inca.
Arabia and Inca get more money / smiles, but England has the extra spy for double stealing plus UUs and strongest water UA.

Shoshone- Pathfinders are cheaper, and as strong as Warriors and come earlier in the game plus the fact that you can capture more land when you settle-- in the early game, they are just plain OP and broken.

Korea + Babylon- Science. I am such a beaker horder, and these two civs just accelerate my strategy 85% of the time.

Huns- The only warmonger civ I actually enjoy, because of them battering rams. I usually have 5-6 rams knocking at my neighbor's door.

Russia- I have surprisingly had some successful games as Catherine. I can pump out strong front line units easily thanks to Russia's UA, and I usually spawn in a good production filled start (last game, I had hills and mountains with gold, copper and pearls).

Top Bottom