Your college/university

These 2 are my favorite

UNC Chapel Hill -

Appalachian (in Boone) -

If I go to college in North Carolina, I want to go to either of the two above.

Now, y'all say -

• what you think of colleges/uni posted previously
  • Where you went to college/uni
  • What's your favorite college/uni

My current favorite university in the whole wide world is the University of Illinois - Springfield. I got accepted into their online Philosophy Bachelor's program recently. For that reason UIS Rocks!

I'm currently working on a degree at Smartass University.

EDIT: And what civ said, minus the UNC Greensboro part.

Duke is my first choice.

That school require a wicked high SAT score, though, so my backup is UNC Greensboro which is really easy to get into. :p

Well, I'd have to say the university I am attending right now has to be my favorite.

what you think of colleges/uni posted previously
I have a fondness for App State: one of the econ bloggers I follow teaches there.

UVA rejected me for undergrad, so I'm not too fond of them :p

Where you went to college/uni
My undergrad is none of your concern, though it would probably not be difficult to figure out from my posting history.

My grad school? I'm in an Econ PhD program and my location says "Boston". There are eight PhD programs in Economics in Boston, MA. You figure it out... :)

What's your favorite college/uni
I continue to romanticize the U of Chicago for its (perceived) intellectual climate, though less now than, say, four years ago.

Duke is a nice school, though East Campus is a bit of a pain.

Currently attending the University of California, Santa Cruz

For grad school, I have my sights set on Northwestern University. Fingers crossed!

Owen: Good luck! What field?

I applied to NWU for economics; their game theory and micro theory group is top-notch. They didn't want me though. :sad:

My thoughts are empty about the ones above me. :p

Favorite university:

Where I went:

University of Nonsumadunum.

Thoughts on above
Indifferent

Where I'm going
University of New Brunswick

Favourite
The one I'm going to or something

Owen: Good luck! What field?

I applied to NWU for economics; their game theory and micro theory group is top-notch. They didn't want me though. :sad:

History, I really hope it works out for me!

Shame about you not getting in. Where are you going?

Also, is that avatar from K. Beaton? It looks like her writing.

History, I really hope it works out for me!

Shame about you not getting in. Where are you going?

Also, is that avatar from K. Beaton? It looks like her writing.

Indeed my current avatar is from Hark, a vagrant. Blame Dachs. (That's good general advice, actually. You can pretty much always blame Dachs.)

Currently attending the University of California, Santa Cruz

For grad school, I have my sights set on Northwestern University. Fingers crossed!

Northwestern? Ooooh, good choice!

For me, I have no idea. University of Illinois at Champana looks neato though.

I attended American University in Washington DC for a year, and then transferred to The Ohio State University. I have somewhat complicated feelings about AU, but I loved tOSU. It gave me a quality education, helped get some great jobs in Ohio, and most importantly, helped me make a lot of friends. I'm glad I don't live in Columbus anymore, but Ohio State will always have a special place in my heart.

I would like to go to Northwestern for Grad School, but I'll also look at Loyola and DePaul. It isn't something I expect to do in the next year or two though.

For those looking at colleges, you can't really go wrong with a Big Ten education.

I have an enormous level of respect for the Big Ten schools, particularly the public ones. Quality education at a reasonably affordable price.

At the graduate level, the Big Ten schools are uniformly good in my areas of interest: UW-Madison, U Minnesota, UIUC, Michigan State, Michigan, and Penn State form a large contingent of the "second tier" of economics grad programs. NWU, of course, is right outside the top-7.

I like tOSU in particular: I have a friend there studying chemical engineering and one of my undergraduate advisors worked there for a few years; by all accounts its economics department is a pleasant place at which to teach and do research.

Top Bottom