1. Firaxis celebrates the "Asian American and Pacific Islander Heritage Month", and offers a give-away of a Civ6 anthology copy (5 in total)! For all the details, please check the thread here. .
    Dismiss Notice

Your colony is an utter mess. When was the last time you defragged?

Discussion in 'CivBE - General Discussions' started by Adjuvant, Jan 22, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Adjuvant

Adjuvant Emperor

This is the third time I've revisited the game, between long stints of returning to Civ 5. Civ BE, compared to Civ 5, is tedious, with long barren wastes between opponents and long, barren durations between action. Then once in awhile something, like a quote, makes me smile.

Firaxis has so much experience under their belts making Civ series games. You'd think by now they could release a whole product instead of a pseudo-beta version with meaningless diplomacy stewed in with long boring intervals at standard pace.

"The game will get better with expacs!". I know, and we'll pay for them, and Firaxis will be like, "see, I told you so." WHY didn't they release this game in a "2 expac later state" and then release expacs? I think they don't like us much, actually. I think their imagination tanks are running on empty. "Hey, they gotta make money, right?" Yeh, I guess they do, and I need to be disappointed once in awhile so I can really feel pleased. Maybe I'll get myself some ice cream today, so I can plod through the rest of this current game. Maybe if Firaxis keeps releasing products the value of Triumph's or Stardock's, I'll just buy their games instead.

2. Victus75

Victus75 Chieftain

3. Gorbles

Gorbles Load Balanced

What is your intent with this thread? Surely there are other threads where users are expressing their dissatisfaction that you could chime in on? Moreso, you would then be able to read counterarguments, instead of giving people another easy target to tear apart.

4. Adjuvant

Adjuvant Emperor

lol. BE has fanbois? That's cool and all, but I'm not one of them.

The thread name is a quote from a hostile ai opponent in game I hadn't seen before today.

So sorry I offended your senses, deputy forum police guy, but I'm a special snowflake who reports bugs, so once in awhile I need my own space to vent. Next time I'll type a second post for errata instead of editing. That should really get your panties in a bunch.

Moderator Action: Do not flame other members.
    Please read the forum rules: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=422889

5. Gorbles

Gorbles Load Balanced

What about my post stems from offense? I was just asking the point of your thread, that's all. You didn't give me it, either.

6. Adjuvant

Adjuvant Emperor

I wish I could mask contempt as innocuous query in my second mouth. You're so eloquent.

7. Adjuvant

Adjuvant Emperor

Maybe I should say second breath. Second mouth sounds... female.

8. Victus75

Victus75 Chieftain

Well, as I don't see a bug complaint in the original message either, perhaps this thread be closed as it's quickly turning into attacking forum members with legitimate questions rather than clarifying them?

9. Adjuvant

Adjuvant Emperor

He doesn't have a legitimate question. Describing my communication as "chiming" is patronizing, and he further insinuated my position on the game didn't have a place as its own thread. He's belittling my point of view in a subtle way from the beginning, and I countered it with sarcasm. You don't get it, that's fine. Probably better off.

10. Browd

Browd Dilettante Administrator

Moderator Action: Enough. Clearly this thread is going nowhere productive. Thread closed. Please do not open a similar thread.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.