Your country's Civics?

allhailIndia

Deity
I don't know if this has been the topic of a thread already, but I am curious all the same.

India's in real life would be something like this.

Universal Suffrage
Emancipation
Free Market
Free Speech
Free Religion

Although for a very brief time(18 months of Emergency) it was:

Police State
Emancipation
State Property
Bureaucracy
Free religion

What about yours?

'Bout same for me, in the Uk.
Except the last bit. We are much more boring than India.

Well Pretty much every government nowadays is Universal Suffrage or Police State, with a few exceptions (you could argue some backward states are Despotisms, and there are a few Hereditary Rules scattered around)

Free Speech, Bureaucracy, or Nationalism seem to dominate the World's Legal picks (Vassalage is pretty much gone... although it probably survives in a few places)

Emancipation is probably universal throughout the developed world (and even in most of the rest Slavery, Serfdom, and Caste System aren't officially endorsed)

Economy wise, Free Market seems nearly universal (with a few small true State Property governments still remaining, you Might be able o argue China is still SP but it would be hard, and I doubt any would qualify for full Environmentalism)

Free Religion basically seems to alternate with Theocracy (as most of the 'official religion' governments have the idea that that religion is 'under threat' in one way or another)

This thread unfortunately doesnt make much sense. If you have access to the internet, if you have money to afford CIV4, and a decent computer and internet connection, you most probably come from a country with democracy.
So Universal Suffrage(heredity rule has become only formal in countries like Sweden, Denmark or the UK), Free Speech, Free Religion, Free Market and Emancipation.

It is still a very interesting idea... It made me think about that someone should make a savegame of today's exact world! Iran building tha Manhatten project, the USA full of cottages, France full of farms, poor African cities with wars fought with obsolete units, much oil in Iraq with US marines and stealth bombers, South America with jungles, and many backwards counties, an ultra fast developing China with State Property, Islam Theocracies in the Arab world etc....

I'm going to assume he meant your favourite country (in-game). Since my leader is Saladin, I'm going to pick Iran...

Hereditary Rule (or Police State?)
Bureaucracy (or Nationhood?)
Emancipation
Free Market
Theocracy

Edit: It turns out I don't really know anything about Iran. :(

Dueck said:
I'm going to assume he meant your favourite country (in-game). Since my leader is Saladin, I'm going to pick Iran...

Emancipation
Free Market
Theocracy

Iran is:

Theocracy
Theocracy
Theocracy
Theocracy
Theocracy

Everything is inferior compared to religion...

:lol: Good point, sir.

This is OT, but SPQR == Roman public service or something similar?

Dueck said:
:lol: Good point, sir.

This is OT, but SPQR == Roman public service or something similar?

Senatus Populusque Romanum = The Roman Senate and the Roman people, or something similar :)

Well, Egypt (the "Old Country" for my family) is:

Police State
Nationhood
Emancipation
Free Market
Free Religion

In a simulation for history class, my fictional state (inspired by Civ!) is
Representation
Free Speech
Emancipation
Free Market
Free Religion

My allies both have
Representation
Nationhool
Emancipation
Free Market
Organized Religion

SPQR: "The Senate and People of Rome" is probably a fair translation which also reads well :)

Is that Angband in your sig? ADoM maybe?

Universal Suffrage? Even our dead vote here.
Emancipation? We even have free agency now.
Free Market We got food stamps.
Free Speech? Only on the Internet.
Free Religion? Just don't dare mention it in school or in politics.

Some nations are ruled by a cleptocracy. Can you name a few?

Hmmm, Canada.

Universal sufferage - unlike the US, even felons vote.
Free Speech - as long as there's Cancon.
Emancipation - yup.
Free Market/State Property - Sometimes hard to tell.
Free religion - usually involves a NHL team though.

Kleptocracy? Not really an official type of government, more of a description of just brutally high corruption.

So if you want a good indication of who those governments would be google Transparency International. They do an annual report on government corruption in countries around the world. I think Nigeria was the worst in 2004 (I needed to read that report for a Polisci class).

Polic State
Nationalism
Emancipation
FreeMarket/State Property(I've switched few times)
Theocracy until my religions influence in the world no longer matters(IE either they all went free religion or all werent mine)

Dueck said:

Emancipation
Free Market
Theocracy

I'd actually put Iran as Representation, (They Do vote, indeed all of them vote [Universal Suffrage], but the candidates are what's limited (but not totally enough to say Police State)

Otherwise I'd agree

Krikkitone said:
I'd actually put Iran as Representation, (They Do vote, indeed all of them vote [Universal Suffrage], but the candidates are what's limited (but not totally enough to say Police State)

Otherwise I'd agree

There is no emancipation in Iraq. Women are not equal. I would rather call the economic system decentralised then free market too.

Stupid Swaziland is like:

Hereditary Rule
Vasalage
Slavery
State Property
Paganism

I hate that stupid place, hope it burns in hell.

allhailIndia said:
I don't know if this has been the topic of a thread already, but I am curious all the same.

India's in real life would be something like this.

Universal Suffrage
Emancipation
Free Market
Free Speech
Free Religion

Although for a very brief time(18 months of Emergency) it was:

Police State
Emancipation
State Property
Bureaucracy
Free religion

What about yours?